The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by reay6790 View Post
    Erica was so sweet on the phone and ordered me a grand prix soft shell and a hunter grand prix coat. Only problem is that I haven't received an email yet...is that normal Melissa?
    When I ordered I didnt get my email till the next day when they shipped my coat out.

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    When I ordered I didnt get my email till the next day when they shipped my coat out.
    Thank you! I am starting to worry that I ordered a size too small. The woman I talked to said that a 4 in RJ was a 10 in Grand Prix...but I'm starting to worry because I have read that a 4 RJ fits like a 12...

Quote Originally Posted by molly8it View Post
    Is the size chart on the page correct -- a size 30 has a 38" chest?
    I measured across the "girls" (not under like you would for a bra) and was 38", then took a deep breath to allow for freedom of movement, which took me to 39 1/2". I ordered a 32 and it fits comfortably, but form-fitting. I would say to measure your chest, then go the next size up, maybe two.

Now, it does have the pink ruffley fabric trim on the cuffs, which you would be able to see with a hunt coat on. That may influence some people's decisions on whether to get them, because it doesn't quite give you that classic coat-cuff-glove look. But I am doing schooling shows with my young horse, nut showing at indoors, so it didn't matter to me.
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Thank you! I am starting to worry that I ordered a size too small. The woman I talked to said that a 4 in RJ was a 10 in Grand Prix...but I'm starting to worry because I have read that a 4 RJ fits like a 12...
    Don't worry, I am a 4 in RJ and there is NO WAY I am a 12 in GP.

I am a 4R in RJ Classics and a 12R inGrand Prix. I think it depends on your buold and also whether it's a traditional or softshell coat.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by tua37516 View Post
    Don't worry, I am a 4 in RJ and there is NO WAY I am a 12 in GP.
    Thank you, that makes me feel better. I have a 2R as well (a few years old), which still fits, but is just a wee bit short every where (I am a leggy 5'7). Is it possible to be a 3?? Haha. The 4 feels a tiny bit roomy, and vice versa with the 2R.

I ordered a regular coat for hunters and a soft shell for stadium at my events.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I am a 4R in RJ Classics and a 12R inGrand Prix. I think it depends on your buold and also whether it's a traditional or softshell coat.
    Me too. We should meet somewhere on the R5 and swap coats.

2 members found this post helpful.

Thank you, that makes me feel better. I have a 2R as well (a few years old), which still fits, but is just a wee bit short every where (I am a leggy 5'7). Is it possible to be a 3?? Haha. The 4 feels a tiny bit roomy, and vice versa with the 2R.

I ordered a regular coat for hunters and a soft shell for stadium at my events.
    Hehe no problem I had my buttons moved 1/4" on my 4R for the same reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Chezzie View Post
    Me too. We should meet somewhere on the R5 and swap coats.
    Sign me up I have a navy and wish I had a black

Quote Originally Posted by Madaketmomma View Post
    I really like these pads, but the shipping is close to the price of one pad!
    I ordered more than one so it was worth my while! I really like them, they are not bulky and have plenty of wither room!
    Boyle Heights Kid 1998 OTTB Dark Bay Gelding
    Tinner's Way x Sculpture by Hail to Reason
    "Once you go off track, you never go back!"

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Someone posted awhile back about these Mattes sheepskin girths and I ordered one then (I think they were $100 then) and really like it: http://worldequestrianbrands.shptron...es?pp=12&pp=12
    Are these girths elastic on both ends? I can't tell from the photo or description.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world."
    ~Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by horsepoor View Post
    Someone posted awhile back about these Mattes sheepskin girths and I ordered one then (I think they were $100 then)
    THANK YOU! I've been wanting one of these forever but couldn't justify $220. $80, AWESOME!!

Question Mattes girth

I have a mare who wears a 56 girth normally. She needs a 58 for a belly girth though. For the Mattes girths, do they run pretty true to size? Do I need to order up due to the sheepskin? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by gusbabe View Post
    I have a mare who wears a 56 girth normally. She needs a 58 for a belly girth though. For the Mattes girths, do they run pretty true to size? Do I need to order up due to the sheepskin? TIA!
    I order up with sheepskin because it doesn't really pack down and tends to take up at least an inch of room.

Non-jumping related but today (3-1-13) Smartpak has their Delux turnout for sale IN THE BROWN COLOR ONLY. Not other colors. All sizes were avail. when I bought mine today.

I got a medium and heavy shipped for a total of $207.00 Horray!

Just ordered a black Grand Prix jacket from the Farm House for $110. I can hardly believe the price! Thank you, Steal-of-a-Deal thread!
    I heard a neigh. Oh, such a brisk and melodious neigh as that was! My very heart leaped with delight at the sound. --Nathaniel Hawthorne

Default Mattes girth

Checked mine, and I ordered a 54 but it measures 53" end to end, probably due to being metric sized (tag says 135 cm). They do have elastic at both ends. Not super stretchy but nice, the way I prefer (I find the elastic on most fuzzy synthetic girths to be TOO stretchy). My horse that takes a 56 is getting a 58 in the Mattes so I'm hoping I chosen right, going up.

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    I ordered a coat from Farmhouse on Thursday and haven't received an email yet...is that normal? I couldn't pass up such an awesome deal!

Horsepoor, can you let me know how it fits when the girth arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by gusbabe View Post
    Horsepoor, can you let me know how it fits when the girth arrives?
    Will do. Shipped so hope to have it this week.