The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Default Steal of a Deal!! (New!)

Figured I'd start a new thread as the other one was getting hefty and outdated.

Need a $500 RJ soft shell for $125? Happen to be a size 14 and want it in black? You're in luck!

http://www.smartpakequine.com/rj-cla...x?cm_vc=Search

Ooh, ooh, I'll play! I just ordered a new pair of Der Dau boots for $149 and TS breeches for $79. Got new boots and breeches shipped to my door for under $250! Amazing!!

www.tackroomonline.com
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

Just got a Collegiate Special Edition Close Contact Saddle, regularly $1495 for $599 fro Dover. Only one in a 17 wide, perfect for my horse.

You can normally find good deals on the 17W saddles at Dover. It's how I got my HDR Close Contact that fits my TB great for $800 including irons and leathers.

If you are in or near Hampstead, MD, someone has three different PVC jumps for sale at decent prices (those are super spendy new!). Too far for me to pick up!

Burlingham Jump

Burlingham wall jump

Burlingham stone wall jump

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe726 View Post
    Ooh, ooh, I'll play! I just ordered a new pair of Der Dau boots for $149 and TS breeches for $79. Got new boots and breeches shipped to my door for under $250! Amazing!!

www.tackroomonline.com
    Wow! Killer deal! Any idea how they run size-wise? Also, in looking at the size chart, what does the "T" stand for? ETA: talking about the boots.

Quote Originally Posted by molly8it View Post
    Wow! Killer deal! Any idea how they run size-wise? Also, in looking at the size chart, what does the "T" stand for? ETA: talking about the boots.
    Is it the top of the boot? I know sometimes I have seen manufacturers give the width at the top as a measurement in addition to the largest part of the calf.

IF you know your size in men's.
    IF they have it still in stock.
    You can get Der-Dau brown field boots for $275

http://manhattansaddlery.com/der-dau...cial-sale.html

I did
    "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people angry and has widely been considered as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by comingback View Post
    Is it the top of the boot? I know sometimes I have seen manufacturers give the width at the top as a measurement in addition to the largest part of the calf.
    That makes sense -- thanks. Anyone know if these have a zip or not?

Except that the "T" measurement is smaller than the "H"? Seems the T is the smallest measurement? Ex. Size 7.5 has a T=13 C=14 H=18. I was wondering if the T was the circumference around the toe? (However, I am making up that assumption based on it being the smallest number & the only thing I could think of that starts with T)
    Life is hard. Buy a freaking helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Whatever, go gallop.

When I said top, I meant the measurement right below your knee. Mine is definitely smaller than the middle of my calf. But again....I'm just guessing

PS....like your siggy line!

Learned something interesting. Just ordered these & got a call from the shop. They said that Der Dau manufactured them for a company called Frantesi (?). They don't have a Der Dau label anywhere on them, if that's important to you.

When I said top, I meant the measurement right below your knee. Mine is definitely smaller than the middle of my calf. But again....I'm just guessing

PS....like your siggy line!
    Ah, that makes sense & works better than my assumption.
    Thanks about the siggy line -it's actually a quote from RAyers, before I knew how to do the quote thingy. Like yours too.
    Life is hard. Buy a freaking helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    Whatever, go gallop.

1 members found this post helpful.

Learned something interesting. Just ordered these & got a call from the shop. They said that Der Dau manufactured them for a company called Frantesi (?). They don't have a Der Dau label anywhere on them, if that's important to you.
    Very interesting. Wish I would have known that before ordering, oh well they were shipped today!

Frantisi are the people who do Grand Prix, GPA, Konig, etc. Odd, though, that they'd do boots for them, since they're already distributing two other boot lines.

Someone posted a great deal on Ariat Pro Circuits on another thread...sadly they only have my size in white, but someone might get lucky! I think EquuesNow has them in more sizes, but for about $10 more.

The ones I got are stamped Der Dau in the inside, and they have the silver button with the DD logo on the swagger tabs. They do not have zippers, but as mine are a smidge too small on my calves, I'm taking them to have zippers put in. (For the record, I emailed Der Dau to see what it would cost to put in zippers and an elastic panel- $450- HA!). I figure for that price, I can get them altered a bit- then they will truly be custom!

Oh and they are gorgeous!!!!
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

Butet for $560?

Not my saddle or my size, but it looks to be really good condition!

If it was a 17" I'd be all over it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butet-saddle...06%26rk%3D1%26

Some one could get a really good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by kgro632 View Post
    Butet for $560?

Not my saddle or my size, but it looks to be really good condition!

If it was a 17" I'd be all over it!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butet-saddle...06%26rk%3D1%26

Some one could get a really good deal!
    I was about to post that earlier.
    If it was 2 weeks earlier I would have bought it!

Ooh, ooh, I'll play! I just ordered a new pair of Der Dau boots for $149

www.tackroomonline.com
    Argh! If only I didn't have monster calves. Apparently I'd need an XXL wide, according to their chart.

The ones I got are stamped Der Dau in the inside, and they have the silver button with the DD logo on the swagger tabs. They do not have zippers, but as mine are a smidge too small on my calves, I'm taking them to have zippers put in. (For the record, I emailed Der Dau to see what it would cost to put in zippers and an elastic panel- $450- HA!). I figure for that price, I can get them altered a bit- then they will truly be custom!

Oh and they are gorgeous!!!!
    Glad to hear they are gorgeous -- and interesting about the logo stuff. Makes me feel better about being able to re-sell if they aren't right. Still, for $149? How far wrong can you go? And not a deal breaker if I have to put zippers in.