The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Reviews on TC 2 saddle??

I just did a saddle fitting with the new TC2 saddle. My horse seemed to be much freer in his shoulders which is usually a problem area for him. I felt ok I the saddle as far as my personal likes but wanted to see what others like or disliked about the saddle? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I have the other version (A5?) but with the new smart tree. LOVE everything about it. My horses go very well in it. Have had many many saddles through the years, low end and high end, and this is by far my favorite.
    friend of bar.ka

I have the A5 also refurbished with the new tree and both I, and my picky hard to fit horses adore it. It really is one of the most versatile saddles I've ever owned. Right now I have it on a wide TB mare with a curved back, massive TB (every one thinks he's a draft x) with a mild roach, narrow tiny 15.2 tb, 14.3 paint mare, and a 15.2 FQH. It fits every horse I put it one w some padding....and my horses go amazing in it. I just bought it this spring and had noticed my mare was starting to jump a bit flat and twisting. Now she has a fabulous round jump and is really starting to use her neck over the fences (profile is from the last show)

I have a girlfriend whose converted and on the saddle search, even though nu saddle isn't even a close fit for her

She just loves how the horses go. Tad is also beyond helpful with some awesome customer service....he talked me through fitting my mare at 6am and was quick to respond with pictures via email re fitting....and I had bought mine used off eBay.

Does anyone know what the cost is to have the new tree put in?

$1300 I think? But you could call Tad for a price quote?

My friend looked into it and he said around $1300.

Wow, thats more than I paid for the saddle .

I was lucky enough to find mine used, in my size, and that was already converted.

If you look at the online used saddles...the converted ones seem to be quite a bit pricier then the original trees. I know I've not found a saddle with the newer tree for under 3k, but if you keep your eye out, you can find the older treed saddles from $1200 on up. I'm REALLY tall so it just happened that this saddle was not only designed for a taller rider, in my size, plus with the newer tree, and was $2500.

I had new billets and the Smart Ride tree put in mine and it ran me about $1650. So the $1300 for the tree alone sounds about right. Worth every penny.