The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default barns in chester county pennsylvania

i'm moving to chester county pa and need to find a very nice show barn showing on the AA/A circuit? pony hunters are a must! my daughters an avid rider and is looking for a good trainer to bring her up! any recommendations? We are desperately searching and having trouble!

Does she do a mix of CCHSA or just A circuit? Are there any places you have already ruled out?

There are lots of options in Chester County. Depends what part you want to be in and what you are looking for as far as service goes too.

The Horse of Delaware Valley is a good place to start. http://www.horsedelval.com/

I think next month is the annual trainer issue. How quickly are you looking to move? How old is your daughter and what is she showing in now? A little more information might help the folks on here make some recommendations.

Agreed lcw... Chester County really is horse country! Lots of places to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnutgeldingforme View Post
    i'm moving to chester county pa and need to find a very nice show barn showing on the AA/A circuit? pony hunters are a must! my daughters an avid rider and is looking for a good trainer to bring her up! any recommendations? We are desperately searching and having trouble!
    I would check out Pine Creek with Locke Kelly - she's a class act. http://www.pinecreekponies.com/Pine_...s/Welcome.html
    Our horses know our secrets; we braid our tears into their manes and whisper our hopes into their ears.

She does mainly A shows, i would rather not share her age, but shes does the large/medium pony hunters! And a medium green

Sent you a PM

Louise Serio and Derbydown, located in Kennett Square

Check out "The Equestrian List" that Sue maintains. And check past threads on this board. I feel like we play "Chester County Name Your Trainer" at least 4 times/year
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

i am looking for something toward the area "malvern" if anyone is familiar

If you want the best in Chester County you ride with Louise Serio. There are a lot of other options but she's the top of the top anywhere in the country.
    Can you stress-fracture your brain?

Troy Hendricks is minutes away from Malvern and he's excellent! His website is www.kimberview.com. I highly recommend him for any level rider! He has everything from ponies to Junior Hunters.
    Experienced riders are not prone to brag. And usually newcomers, if they start out being boastful, end up modest. -C.J.J. Mullen

Do your homework if you choose to stay in the Malvern area. There are a lot of trainers that mis-represent themselves in that area. Many that call themselves " an A rated show barn" or "grand prix rider or winner" that can't get pinned at a local show. Many with nice facilities but no horsemanship skills to offer. Can't find their students a sound horse if it sat on them. It's very cut-throat in that area too. There are some good ones out there that really are who they claim to be (Louise for sure) but many wannabes also. Tread carefully and good luck!

Greylyn farm is located in Malvern.

http://www.greylynfarm.com/

Sent you a PM.

I would hands down recommend Denise O'Connor in Chester Springs, not far from Malvern. Extremely polished and professional, can't say enough good things. Her facility is gorgeous and her level of instruction exemplary. She has many junior & adult riders showing & winning on the circuit.

http://www.banburycrossltd.com/pages/BanburyCross.html

Quote Originally Posted by tua37516 View Post
    I would hands down recommend Denise O'Connor in Chester Springs, not far from Malvern. Extremely polished and professional, can't say enough good things. Her facility is gorgeous and her level of instruction exemplary. She has many junior & adult riders showing & winning on the circuit.

http://www.banburycrossltd.com/pages/BanburyCross.html
    Yes, another vote for Denise!! Rachael at Greylyn is awesome as well, but I don't believe she does the A/AA shows or the ponies like the OP is asking about.
    Our horses know our secrets; we braid our tears into their manes and whisper our hopes into their ears.

Joanne Copeland in Marshalton. you can't get much better than her. She does a great job with kids and ponys too.

Mary Morril in Chadsford is also very good.

I NEED MORE COFFEE. I meant to post what I had here on the dressage forum about Ravel. I'm an idiot!!!
    Last edited by vxf111; Aug. 31, 2012 at 01:17 PM.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

go to horseshowing.com, plug in the trainers name and check if their clients are winning and what type of shows they are doing