The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1239
  1. #1121
    Join Date
    Dec. 31, 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    11,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Again: You don't eat it, what is it to you?
    Because after all, it's ok to send "Foreigners" tainted food. I guess we should all be giving China a big thumbs up for the Melamine tainted pet foods, and Lead based toys. After all, they don't eat/use them in their own country...



  2. #1122
    Join Date
    Jan. 4, 2007
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    38,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Because after all, it's ok to send "Foreigners" tainted food. I guess we should all be giving China a big thumbs up for the Melamine tainted pet foods, and Lead based toys. After all, they don't eat/use them in their own country...
    You are assuming horses are "contaminated" and no one is testing.

    You know what they say about assuming, don't you.



  3. #1123
    Join Date
    Sep. 6, 2002
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Again: You don't eat it, what is it to you?
    really???!!!

    http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...or-frog-juice/

    The horse dealers know that so few are tested, the probabilty of detecting drug residues is little to none so they don't think it matters, as long as they get their money.



  4. #1124
    Join Date
    Dec. 21, 2008
    Location
    Longing to be where I once was.....
    Posts
    2,157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7HL View Post
    Us what ever term you want... horses are livestock and personal property. A horse owner should be able to dispose of them however the choose. Give away, sell, euthanize or send to slaughter should all be options available to a horse owner.

    Just to be clear I also have no problem in limiting or banning some drugs that horse owners us on, feed or inject into their horses.
    If all meds, dewormers and supplements had to be administered and documented by a vet that would solve the problem of tainted meat now wouldn't it?

    Of course the way supplements, meds and the like are used here it wouldn't be a popular idea.



  5. #1125
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2006
    Location
    Spooner, WI
    Posts
    2,064

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    Because after all, it's ok to send "Foreigners" tainted food. I guess we should all be giving China a big thumbs up for the Melamine tainted pet foods, and Lead based toys. After all, they don't eat/use them in their own country...
    Didn't I say that earlier? We were once as a nation held to a higher standard. We were. Now? Not so much.



  6. #1126
    Join Date
    Sep. 11, 2008
    Location
    Snohomish, WA
    Posts
    3,686

    Default

    Too true.

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Didn't I say that earlier? We were once as a
    nation held to a higher standard. We were. Now? Not so much.



  7. #1127
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunridge1 View Post
    Didn't I say that earlier? We were once as a nation held to a higher standard. We were. Now? Not so much.
    This is easy to answer. Pretty much everyone involved in the U.S. slaughter pipeline is dishonest and only cares about making a quick buck. No one cares about the horses or where they came from, they just want to get them sold and across the border as quickly as possible.

    If you want to talk about countries having low standards one must only look north to our Canadian neighbor as they are the ones slaughtering our horses and selling potentially drug laden meat to other countries. Heck, even the distributors in Belgium were lying about where the horse meat came from.
    Last edited by jenm; Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:40 AM. Reason: fixed typos because original post was done on my phone...
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg



  8. #1128
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    So filled with inaccuracies there is no sense in rebutting it.



  9. #1129
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    So filled with inaccuracies there is no sense in rebutting it.
    Said the Canadian (horse breeder) with his head in the sand.
    Last edited by jenm; Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg


    1 members found this post helpful.

  10. #1130
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    18,965



  11. #1131
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    Said the Canadian (horse breeder) with his head in the sand.
    Your statement that everyone in the chain IS DISHONEST because they are making money is DIRECTLY FROM THE PETA HANDBOOK...I know because I was there when Peta was developing their mission statement..to make it palatable to the general public.



    Peta did understand that they had to start with puppies and kittens (cute little kritters) and then move on to puppy mills and finally dog breeders (cats etc)

    Then they did have a strategy for horses which was agreed upon by HSUS This occured at the 1989 meeting at Paradise Island.

    They saw a greater movement into the auction sales. They saw huge prices occuring and it "concerned" them that people would BREED FOR AUCTION....again that people would BREED FOR AUCTION

    It was not until the first recession they saw an opportunity to get their foot in the door. And, it was two fold. Thousands of horses went to slaughter and thousands of horses met "that fate" by going to auction.

    HSUS took up the banner. When Wayne was fully entrenched into HSUS it became his objective to pillorize the sale of horses through acutions.

    In the late 1990'sand into 2000's more and more individuals would OUT breeders who sold to auctions as they were making money off the sale of the horses by letting them be sold to trippers...meat men...boogey men...satanic men...

    The goal, using true believers and followers such as yourself was to get the anti auction and anti selling of horses into the mainstream thought.

    It has been succssful. Rather than a breeder selling his/her culls (not bad horses but ones that may not cross with their stallion..mares...or they change focus...or want to upgrade to a better horse or they do want to remove a horse from their program that has genetic flaws or physical flaws..they have made that a BIG NONO

    And THAT is where the "forever home" philosophy came from

    And we now know they want to redesignate horse to companions and create forever taxes and licenses on all horses.

    To a one horse owner...what is another five hundred to a thousand dollars...but to a breeder...they will just quit.



    NBow..on to other matters

    Never stated COTH members have harrassed me. I receive most of my threats from my Anti Scientology stance as I am a speaking on most radio shows everytime a Tom Cruise, John Travolta Kirstie Allen get themselves in hot water.

    Unlike many on COTH...I breed horses, I have an animal related business and I do have other interests.


    Jenm...as you are now outed...I have posted my name over and over and over and others have commented on my Canadianism etc

    Leo Maxwell Fairfax Farms Coutts Alberta Canada

    I dare you to do the same..I have no idea who you are but I suspect you don't want to disclose much incase one of my HSUS sources can find you in their membership files.

    As for RUDE to some of you. Yes..I do admit...I do not suffer fools however when many of you are rude to me or make false accusations (i.e. my family and I own slaughter plants for horses...knowing I only volunteered to help make it more humane) etc I do call you out on it.

    When you or a few of your HSUS type buddies make comments to me...well..I deserve it...but when I apply the "turnabout is fair play"...then boo hoo hoo...me makes me feel sad and not good about myself and you quickly move into vicitmhood.

    I would love to have the patience like Bluey who stays on the message and does not make it personal. However, like it or not, that is not my style.

    Echo makes profound statements i.e. NO horsemeat is for zoo's. What a pile of hooey. There are herds of horses..that local vets (to those herds) KNOW have never been dewormed, vaccinations..drugs of any type because they know the owner has no money or can't be bothered. They DO certify those herds and yes..the zoo's do purchase them.



    Alagirl most certainly has not agreed with me on many occasions and could not pick me in a crowd of one.

    I had my stance with the Canterbury threads and I did create enemies. So be it. What others think of me is none of my business.

    So Jenm... cry away...be the victim ..ahhhh..don't be sad..but don't wait for me to make you feel good about yourself for your stated HSUS.PETA platform.

    As Angelou Maya stated: The FIRST time someone shows you who they are... BELIEVE THEM


    You have shown me and I do believe you...



  12. #1132
    Join Date
    Sep. 6, 2002
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Your statement that everyone in the chain IS DISHONEST because they are making money is DIRECTLY FROM THE PETA HANDBOOK...I know because I was there when Peta was developing their mission statement..to make it palatable to the general public.
    You continue to attempt to align anyone opposed to horse slaughter with HSUS or PETA and it is not helping you. It is no different than those opposed to horse slaughter aligning others with animal abusers.

    They saw a greater movement into the auction sales. They saw huge prices occuring and it "concerned" them that people would BREED FOR AUCTION....again that people would BREED FOR AUCTION
    Wouldn't be it be wonderful if horse owners could take their horses to an auction and NOT have to worry about them being sold for slaughter?!

    And we now know they want to redesignate horse to companions and create forever taxes and licenses on all horses.
    The taxes and licenses will come if U.S. horses continue to be slaughtered for human consumption through identification and tracking. And once they have a number attached......

    To a one horse owner...what is another five hundred to a thousand dollars...but to a breeder...they will just quit.
    If they can't market what they produce and can't afford to euthanize, than they should quit.

    Echo makes profound statements i.e. NO horsemeat is for zoo's. What a pile of hooey. There are herds of horses..that local vets (to those herds) KNOW have never been dewormed, vaccinations..drugs of any type because they know the owner has no money or can't be bothered. They DO certify those herds and yes..the zoo's do purchase them.
    That is not at all what I said. I said that the horse slaughter plants do not exist to slaughter for zoos. They would close.
    No money - can't be bothered? And HUNDREDS of horses?



  13. #1133
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2005
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    You continue to attempt to align anyone opposed to horse slaughter with HSUS or PETA and it is not helping you. It is no different than those opposed to horse slaughter aligning others with animal abusers.

    The differance is that the people oppsoed to slaughter keep quoting from PETA and HSUS. Makes it very easy to believe they are members.

    Wouldn't be it be wonderful if horse owners could take their horses to an auction and NOT have to worry about them being sold for slaughter?!

    They can do that now. All they have to do is put a reserve on it or outbid the other buyer. No problems.





    That is not at all what I said. I said that the horse slaughter plants do not exist to slaughter for zoos. They would close.
    No money - can't be bothered? And HUNDREDS of horses?
    No there are not specific plants for zoos. They use existing slaughter plants. What is the problem with this?
    Last edited by wonderhorseguy; Sep. 25, 2012 at 06:26 PM.



  14. #1134
    Join Date
    Jun. 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,739

    Default

    ECHO and her little band are very aware that the kill floor is washed down when their is a change in production venue. That has been explained...stops cross contamination... One property can serve many production lines

    but then how would ECHO know...has NEVER been to an equine slaughter plant.

    However this little group don't want to hear that...they would rather just carry on with their same old stories...

    Wouldn't it be wonderful if a breeder could take their horses to auction and not be held accountable as to who purchased them?



  15. #1135
    Join Date
    Jun. 30, 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Your statement that everyone in the chain IS DISHONEST because they are making money is DIRECTLY FROM THE PETA HANDBOOK...I know because I was there when Peta was developing their mission statement..to make it palatable to the general public.

    Oh, please. Stop patting yourself on the back over this kind of nonsense.

    The goal, using true believers and followers such as yourself was to get the anti auction and anti selling of horses into the mainstream thought.

    I'm not a true believer or follower of anything, so once again, you make incorrect ASSumptions.

    And we now know they want to redesignate horse to companions and create forever taxes and licenses on all horses.

    And you believe they will be successful with this idea because....?


    Jenm...as you are now outed...I have posted my name over and over and over and others have commented on my Canadianism etc

    "outed"?!

    Leo Maxwell Fairfax Farms Coutts Alberta Canada

    I dare you to do the same..I have no idea who you are but I suspect you don't want to disclose much incase one of my HSUS sources can find you in their membership files.

    This is ridiculous. Anyone with a reasonable IQ can figure out who I am. I don't hide anything and we are not ten year olds "daring" each other to do things. At least I'm not.

    As for RUDE to some of you. Yes..I do admit...I do not suffer fools however when many of you are rude to me or make false accusations (i.e. my family and I own slaughter plants for horses...knowing I only volunteered to help make it more humane) etc I do call you out on it.


    No excuse to be rude.



    When you or a few of your HSUS type buddies make comments to me...well..I deserve it...but when I apply the "turnabout is fair play"...then boo hoo hoo...me makes me feel sad and not good about myself and you quickly move into vicitmhood.

    I don't recall anyone playing a victim other than you.

    I would love to have the patience like Bluey who stays on the message and does not make it personal. However, like it or not, that is not my style.


    Bluey makes things personal.


    Echo makes profound statements i.e. NO horsemeat is for zoo's. What a pile of hooey. There are herds of horses..that local vets (to those herds) KNOW have never been dewormed, vaccinations..drugs of any type because they know the owner has no money or can't be bothered. They DO certify those herds and yes..the zoo's do purchase them.

    So, let Echo make her statements. If you can prove her wrong, feel free.


    Alagirl most certainly has not agreed with me on many occasions and could not pick me in a crowd of one.

    What's your point?

    I had my stance with the Canterbury threads and I did create enemies. So be it. What others think of me is none of my business.

    So Jenm... cry away...be the victim ..ahhhh..don't be sad..but don't wait for me to make you feel good about yourself for your stated HSUS.PETA platform.

    Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not crying nor playing the victim. I've said before that I don't support HSUS or PETA, but quite frankly, I really don't care if you think I do or not.

    As Angelou Maya stated: The FIRST time someone shows you who they are... BELIEVE THEM


    You have shown me and I do believe you...
    Again, I don't care what you think or believe about me. I will continue to crusade against horse slaughter in any manner I choose, and you are welcome to rant all you want about my alleged PETA ties. It doesn't bother me at all, I find it to be quite amusing.
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg



  16. #1136
    Join Date
    Sep. 6, 2002
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    ECHO and her little band are very aware that the kill floor is washed down when their is a change in production venue. That has been explained...stops cross contamination... One property can serve many production lines
    I believe the most recent EU audits cite the contrary. I will see if I can locate that report tomorrow.

    Wouldn't it be wonderful if a breeder could take their horses to auction and not be held accountable as to who purchased them?
    really? who are they accountable to now? Some breeders pull the papers to try to hide their breeding 'practices'.

    The differance is that the people oppsoed to slaughter keep quoting from PETA and HSUS. Makes it very easy to believe they are members.
    maybe you have it backward... sometimes there is actual truths that are inescapable - no matter who said it or where you hear it.



  17. #1137
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2005
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post


    maybe you have it backward... sometimes there is actual truths that are inescapable - no matter who said it or where you hear it.
    Just because PETA and it's supporters continually repeat it does not make it true.



  18. #1138
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderhorseguy View Post
    Just because PETA and it's supporters continually repeat it does not make it true.
    Do you really think that everything PETA, HSUS etc. posts is all their own material?

    There have been several cases in the past that they used other individuals' (non related to them) findings etc. as their original.
    There have been lawsuits against HSUS for just that reason.

    So yes, others come up with conclusions, conduct investigations etc. totally unrelated to the ARAs.

    It's not like Animal Welfare supporters have to use information posted on some website unlike the pro-slaughter brigade.
    Last edited by luvmytbs; Sep. 26, 2012 at 09:49 AM.

    ************************
    \"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"



  19. #1139
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2001
    Location
    In Trouble with Dad...
    Posts
    29,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Do you really think that everything PETA, HSUS etc. posts is all their own material?

    There have been several cases in the past that they used other individuals' (non related to them) findings etc. as their original.
    There have been lawsuits against HSUS for just that reason.

    So yes, others come up with conclusions, conduct investigations etc. totally unrelated to the ARAs.

    It's not like Animal Welfare supporters have to use information posted on some website unlike the pro-slaughter brigade.
    Pretty sure.

    If they relied on other sources they'd shoot themselves in the foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.



  20. #1140
    Join Date
    Mar. 18, 2005
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Do you really think that everything PETA, HSUS etc. posts is all their own material?

    There have been several cases in the past that they used other individuals' (non related to them) findings etc. as their original.
    There have been lawsuits against HSUS for just that reason.

    So yes, others come up with conclusions, conduct investigations etc. totally unrelated to the ARAs.

    It's not like Animal Welfare supporters have to use information posted on some website unlike the pro-slaughter brigade.
    Except every notion or opinion posted by Echo is directly from either PETA
    or HSUS.

    There is nothing wrong with using information from a website. Many people from both sides of the slaughter debate do it. If you post information from PETA or HSUS then you will be labelled as a RARA since you obviously are. If there other sites for this same information please post them so that we can review them.

    I do consider myself to be an Animal Welfare person. Do you consider yourself to be for Animal Welfare or Animal Rights?
    Last edited by wonderhorseguy; Sep. 26, 2012 at 07:18 PM.



Similar Threads

  1. Cross-country horse sales- how to receive funds?
    By Spectrum in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jan. 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov. 1, 2011, 06:53 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct. 25, 2011, 02:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •