The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1239

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    Rarely does a month go by that I do not have a threat of some type phoned to me from a blocked number.

It is a price I am willing to pay.
    Oh brother.

Were you reclining on a fainting couch with your forearm over your eyes when you said this?

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Oh brother.

Were you reclining on a fainting couch with your forearm over your eyes when you said this?
    Abercrombie, you crack me up!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...eqEnd=79400000

(720 ILCS 5/Art. 29D heading)
    ARTICLE 29D. TERRORISM

720 ILCS 5/29D-10

(h) "Livestock" means animals bred or raised for human consumption.

It is "Terrorism" to knowingly send adulterated animals into a human food chain.
    It is unconsionable that horse dealers are allowed to create or fabricate EID or a horses drug history that they may have only owned a few days.
    Not every horse which is sent to slaughter goes for human consumption.

Terrorism only happens when you try to force somebody to do something. People who eat horse meat are not forced to do so. You can keep saying it is terrorism, as the other RARA's do, but this does not make it true.

Can you please fill us in on the details of the horses you gave away so that I can understand where the delusions are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie View Post
    Oh brother.

It is the price those of us who have a public profile have to pay.

Of course you would never receive a threat nor a complaint about horses

Gosh...do you even own any?

And of course, you haven't done anything so no one would be bothered to defend DEFHR, Paradise, GG or HSUS by phoning in a complaint against you.

Now you just run along and let the adults who have something of merit to say.do it

And..hate to impact your victimhood bloodpressure...why not just put me on ignore...it seems like a waste of time for you to have to spend the better part of a day with Roget's Thesaurus in your hand..although I do admire your initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmom View Post
    You'd think that they would figure out that it isn't just ARA's that want to see horse slaughter for human consumption banned. I mean, do they really think Nick Zito and Jess jackson are ARA's? And the people posting on here own horses and pets...do they really think we are trying to do away with pet ownership? And do they seriously think that banning slaughter will make it likely that ARA's will be able to get pet ownership and horse ownership banned? I mean, we got horse tripping banned, and cockfighting, and dogfighting banned...Yet people still own dogs and roosters...

...we banned drunk driving, but people can still drive their cars sober. It IS possible to ban one use and allow others.
    This.

...why not just put me on ignore...
    What?! And miss one of your self-aggrandizing pontifications?
    What a *terrible* idea.

< me crying again just thinking about it.

It is the price those of us who have a public profile have to pay.
    If you treat people in your public life have as poorly as you do those of us in this forum whose opinions differ from yours, I can understand why you would have enemies out to make your life difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    If you treat people in your public life have as poorly as you do those of us in this forum whose opinions differ from yours, I can understand why you would have enemies out to make your life difficult.
    So you think that speaking out in an open forum is grounds to harass a person at home and the place of business?

Interesting mindset.
    Scary, but interesting.

Just a side note:

Pro slaughter people do not burn down property and threaten people.

On the other hand, even 'untargeted' industries like cattle operations have to be careful.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002145329

Until next time....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post

Pro slaughter people do not (burn down property and) threaten people.

And you know this how??????

BTW, not all pro lifers burn down abortion clinics or kill Dr.s who perform the procedure.

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    And you know this how??????

BTW, not all pro lifers burn down abortion clinics or kill Dr.s who perform the procedure.
    No, but those few are the ones you need to look out for.

Won't do the doctor no good to know that he was gunned down by the minority.

Anyhow, those are the dogs you sleep with.
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderhorseguy View Post
    Not every horse which is sent to slaughter goes for human consumption.

Terrorism only happens when you try to force somebody to do something. People who eat horse meat are not forced to do so. You can keep saying it is terrorism, as the other RARA's do, but this does not make it true.

Can you please fill us in on the details of the horses you gave away so that I can understand where the delusions are coming from.
    The horse slaughter plants exist to ship horsemeat for human consumption. They do not exist to slaughter for zoos. If the meat is not wholesome - its not wholesome for anything to eat.

Nobody forced the planes to fly into the Trade buildings or even forced the pilots to fly them. Surely you believe it was terrorism?

It is terrorism to knowingly ship adulterated horses into a human food chain.

So you think that speaking out in an open forum is grounds to harass a person at home and the place of business?
    Um, no. Nor did my post suggest that. Please read for comprehension. My post had NOTHING to do with equating this forum with someone's personal life.

Um, no. Nor did my post suggest that. Please read for comprehension. My post had NOTHING to do with equating this forum with someone's personal life.
    Well then you did not read Fairfax's post.

He said he is experiencing real life fallout, which you seemed to condone.

Well then you did not read Fairfax's post.

He said he is experiencing real life fallout, which you seemed to condone.
    Oh, I read it and understood it. What you are missing is the fact that throughout this thread, he has been very clear about all of the groups he has worked with throughout his life, some of which he makes very clear he no longer has any respect for.

My point is that he has been quite rude to those of us (here on COTH) who don't agree with his mindset. If he is publicly rude to those who don't know him, than it's no surprise people (in his real life) have a problem with it.

Again, you seem to have a problem reading for comprehension.

I have no idea what the name of his dog boarding/horse breeding facility is and really don't care. However, those who do know it (again people in real life, not online forums), are allegedly harassing him.

This is what he wrote: It is the price those of us who have a public profile have to pay.

The operative word being public.

However, I do think it's quite sweet that you want to stick up for your internet "friend".

Oh, I read it and understood it. What you are missing is the fact that throughout this thread, he has been very clear about all of the groups he has worked with throughout his life, some of which he makes very clear he no longer has any respect for.

My point is that he has been quite rude to those of us (here on COTH) who don't agree with his mindset. If he is publicly rude to those who don't know him, than it's no surprise people (in his real life) have a problem with it.

Again, you seem to have a problem reading for comprehension.

I have no idea what the name of his dog boarding/horse breeding facility is and really don't care. However, those who do know it (again people in real life, not online forums), are allegedly harassing him.

This is what he wrote: It is the price those of us who have a public profile have to pay.

The operative word being public.

However, I do think it's quite sweet that you want to stick up for your internet "friend".
    He ain't my friend. Would not know him from Adam's dog.

Yes, publicly taking a stand makes him a deserving target for real life harassment. Gotcha.

However, since non of you are really nice either, I just figure you deserve being paid back in like coin.
    Naturally you complain about it, too. Oh bummer.

He ain't my friend. Would not know him from Adam's dog.

Yes, publicly taking a stand makes him a deserving target for real life harassment. Gotcha.

However, since non of you are really nice either, I just figure you deserve being paid back in like coin.
    Naturally you complain about it, too. Oh bummer.
    Wow, you STILL don't get it?! Scary.

His real life harassment is coming from, get this: HIS REAL LIFE!!

Not his COTH "playground"...

Is there any evidence to prove someone from COTH is harassing him? Not likely. He has already admitted he has worked closely with many AR groups, including PETA, but has now PUBLICLY turned against them.

Why you feel ithis has anything to do with this topic/forum escapes me.

Again my point is:

He is rude to people who don't agree with him. Period. As are you on occasion. However, because he has been (publicly) involved in many AR groups yet no longer supports them, I can understand why people would try to bother him. And when I use the word "people" I am not referring to anyone on this board. I'm referring to the REAL LIFE people who have probably known him for years.

I am not suggesting I think in any way shape or form that any one here is harassing him in real life.

What part of that don't you get?! He admits his choices IN REAL LIFE make him a public figure.

I feel badly that you are so caught up in this that you can't separate someone's REAL LIFE from an online forum.

He doesn't even post using his real name, nor do you for that matter. I'm pretty sure no one reading or participating on these thread has the time or interest in figuring out who any of you are in REAL life... REALLY!

Do us all a favor and take off that Tin Foil Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo View Post
    The horse slaughter plants exist to ship horsemeat for human consumption. They do not exist to slaughter for zoos. If the meat is not wholesome - its not wholesome for anything to eat.

Nobody forced the planes to fly into the Trade buildings or even forced the pilots to fly them. Surely you believe it was terrorism?

It is terrorism to knowingly ship adulterated horses into a human food chain.
    Actually somebody did force the pilots to fly the planes into the World Trade buildings. Yes it was terrorism.

Shipping what you call adulterated meat is not terrorism. Nobody is forced to eat it.

Where do you come up wiith these delusions? Other than off a RARA website.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderhorseguy View Post
    Actually somebody did force the pilots to fly the planes into the World Trade buildings. Yes it was terrorism.
    Who did the forcing? The pilots that flew the airplanes into the WTC buildings were hijackers who killed the American pilots. The original pilots were not forced into flying into the buildings, according to the records.

The hijackers who took over the airplanes and flew them into the Twin Towers did it of their own volition.

The one statement you have correct is that "no one is forced to eat horse meat" However, you neglect to acknowledge the fact the European sellers of horse meat advertised it as coming from "wild horses raised in grass pastures".

How many people would have bought it if the packaging were labeled with the truth:

This horse meat comes from unknown sources and may be laden with many chemicals that could possible be carcinogenic or cause other health problems. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Last edited by jenm; Sep. 24, 2012 at 02:29 AM. Reason: grammar

How many people would have bought it if the packaging were labeled with the truth:

This horse meat comes from unknown sources and may be laden with many chemicals that could possible be carcinogenic or cause other health problems. EAT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
    Again: You don't eat it, what is it to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    All those denials for now 55 pages "we are not animal right groups supporters!" are clearly not true, as anyone can see.

"Another generation and no more domestic animals and none too soon for me" is getting closer than ever, if you can see it or not.

It is clearly true. Almost everyone can see that.

As I said, no RARA's in my area is talking about horses. Even with city stables and city carriage horses right in Philadelphia.

Ridding us of domestic animals is just not going to happen here. Maybe where you live, but not here. What makes you so vulnerable to that notion?