The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Older red tick coonhound looking for home, Lex, KY

I really hate to do this, but last year I lost my mom and now our family is needing to rehome our dog. My dad is really not able to give them the attention they need, and me and my sisters are at school out of state.

Shiloh is a sweet older (9ish) spayed female with a generally mellow personality. Though she is none too bright, she loves attention and has managed to learn some basic commands. Her favorite toys are squeaky stuffed toys, which she’ll bury
    in the yard if you aren’t careful.
    Here's her pic (I'll try to get some others too)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...1/c357779e.jpg

Shiloh is very scared of thunderstorms and doesn’t really like it when there are lots of people – she’ll find a quiet place to hang out. When we first got her from the humane society it was clear that she had been beaten, and she needs lots of positive reinforcement (or treats - she likes those too!) She's a totally different dog now than when we first got her - much more comfortable around people!
    She is generally healthy but has a little arthritis, which makes it difficult for her to keep up on long walks. It doesn’t stop her, however, from running laps in the backyard. Shiloh is really a sweetheart who will touch her family with her loving personality.

We don't have any real timeline, but I want to make sure she finds a home that is a good fit for her, and where she can be comfortable in her old age. Let me know if you are interested in adopting!

She is beautiful, hope you find her a loving home soon.

Thank you!
    I should also mention that she has lived with another dog and a cat with no problems.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/...1/0df2cc63.jpg

Also, if anyone has suggestions for other forums to post on or other ideas I'd love to hear them! I'm hesitant to use Craigs List, but I'm having trouble finding other reputable places to look for a new home for Shiloh. I'm up in Boston, while she's in KY, so that makes it a bit harder too.

have you looked into the haven for dogs. my family had adopted from them before and they are just wonderful to work with.
    here is a link and info for them http://www.havenfordogs.org/
    good luck finding a home!

Default May I

May I share him on facebook?
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Holly Jeanne View Post
    May I share him on facebook?
    That would be great! (Just to clarify, Shiloh is a girl). Thanks for your help.

eventr - Thanks for the suggestion! Maybe they'll let us do a courtesy listing or something. I'll give them a call.

Default shared

Sorry! Didn't go back and reread the first post. It's shared.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Well, put in a few calls to some rescues - hopefully I'll get some responses there. There's also a chance that she could be featured on the news - I'm sure we'd get some responses that way!

We still haven't found a good home for Shiloh, if anyone is interested.

I posted to my FB about her. I have a soft spot for Coonhounds, but already have met my dog quota (4) maybe my FB friends network can help- I hope!