The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Default Eclipse has a new home!!!!! Anyone in Region 9 recognize this craigslist horse

Not my horse! I look through my local Craigslist regularly and saw this guy. I assume the seller is a dealer as he has lots of horses for sale all the time. This is not a typical horse for the seller and wonder how he got a hold of this gelding. Maybe someone here knows the horse.

http://lexington.craigslist.org/grd/3232286448.html
    Last edited by RedRyderKy; Aug. 29, 2012 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Update
    Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

If all of that is true and he's sound of body and mind then that's a STEAL! Someone should get the poor guy!

I'm not in the market but he sure sounds like a great guy!

Smile

I posted this in hopes that someone knows him and will go get him.
    Things happen for a reason...so when I reach over and smack you upside the head, just remember...you gave me a reason!

I shouldn't open thread like this anymore. I'd LOVE him and I can't have any more horses.....*stomping feet*.

That's a true steal.

Holy wow! That horse, if he lives up to his billing, is a gift from the heavens for somebody!

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

Nice horse! Has anyone inquire to his name to check his record?

called and left a message

They have very little info on him. His name is Ashes, his papers are lost. He ended up here because he was traded for a cutting/cow horse. Doing some massive googling now

Default Buyer Beware

This guy has had lots of horses on CL's, he's a dealer and several times this past year there have been posts on the Cincinnati CL's about people purchasing horses from them and they did not end up well. Not all is as advertised it appears. I would not purchase from him unless I had a PPE even though the horse isn't expensive. BTW, all his horse seem to be priced at $1500 regardless of the breed.

Default Info

I just spoke with the owner, she said she has no idea what his show name was/is, or anything about his pedigree. He was "traded" by a woman who was getting a divorce, and she did not receive papers. Did say he was quiet and gentle, does not neck rein (laughing), and jumps barrels in the arena.
    She also said she would post video soon. They are strictly a western barn, hence his "low price".
    Buyer beware............

Of course caveat emptor, but also, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Test him, vet him, heck drive to KY and provided he is as advertised you're still going to come out on top with a 15 year old oldenberg 16.1hh schooling PSG!

If I were in the market I'd be checking it out. What would you have to lose?

Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

WANT.

Maybe someone local can go check him out. And spring him.

This on equine now. Check fresh comments at bottom of page.

http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-622833
    When someone shows you who they are, BELIEVE THEM.

This is probably WAY off but here are too many similarities:
    I had seen this ad on the Okla Dressage web site for this horse:

SCHOOLMASTER: 17 year old Oldenburg gelding. Solid 3rd level horse, Region Champion. Has been shown 4th level as well. As with many older horses, some minimal maintenance required. $6,000 OBO. xxxxxx

I corresponded with the seller. They were a trainer in SE OK and were helping sell the horse for a couple from...I forget..TN or KY. They had the horse 5 yrs for the husband to foxhunt but never touched him, so send him to be sold. I was interested in looking at him but the seller had not yet put him back to work. Since he was off so long and it was a 6 hour drive I asked her to contact me when he was ready and I would look. I never heard from her (last correspondence was May) so shined it on. I Did have a link to show photos of him in his glory days, about 8 years ago. I can see of the CL horse's age is off a bit, the color, height, training is very similar. Also if the OK trainer did not have time for him, the TN/KY owners maybe took him back...traded for a cow horse.
    ALL the emails were on my old laptop that dropped dead. So lost the link to the pix. This was from CL scores http://www.centerlinescores.com/Horse/Details/31690 Eclipse was his name.....maybe I have been reading too many novels....

Yikes. Here's the text in the comments on Equine Now:
    On Saturday we traveled 4.5 hours to purchase a horse that Jody Ramey and Erin (R.R. Farms) had advertised on Equine Now. It was a quarter horse that was rated a 2. There was also a video showing the horse’s performance. On paper and in video the horse looked great! We rode the horse in the round pen and it performed well. We purchased the horse and were required to sign a “BILL OF SALE WITHOUT WARRANTIES”. We inquired about the coggins report and were told that he had one but Erin would have to locate it and would send it with the horse hauler along with the registration papers.
    The horse was delivered to our farm 4 ½ hours away. He provided us with the registration but not a coggins report. We called Erin and she said she could not locate one.
    When the horse arrived he appeared a little jumpy. We just thought it from being hauled 4 ½ hours. We decided to wait until Sunday to ride him. On Sunday, we began saddling him he was extremely anxious and spooky. He acted nothing like the horse we had ridden the day before. We took him to the round pen and our son attempted to ride him. As soon as he sat on the saddle, the horse reared up, began bucking and threw our son off. His shoulder and back were injured.
    It is our belief that this horse was drugged prior to us riding and purchasing it on Saturday. As a retired Federal Investigator, I have begun looking into information on Jody Ramey dba RR Farms. It appears that an individual with the name Jody Ramey, also from Flemingsburg, KY was responsible for the horrific crash of a double deck cattle trailer loaded with horses in which 21 were killed. According to the report, there were questions as to where he was going with the horses and why he was avoiding all scales. (This report can be found by searching his name). The report gives great insight into the type of person he is. Also, several sites list a Jody Ramey from Kentucky as a “Known Killer Buyer” or horses. This basically means that you purchase horses and if they can’t be trained, then you sell them to a slaughter house. Again, I would suggest that you do your research on this individual and I am sure you will steer clear of him. I wished we had. We have lost over 3k and have a horse that we will not attempt to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    Maybe someone local can go check him out. And spring him.

This on equine now. Check fresh comments at bottom of page.

http://www.equinenow.com/horse-ad-622833
    ohdeargodalmighty..

Also think he looks a bit straight behind
    Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

Who the heck advertises a dressage/jumping horse pictured in Western tack?

I would certainly never take a horse trader's word. Horses end up on dealer's lot through no fault of their own, or for plenty of faults. As always buyer beware.

I wouldn't buy this horse without taking someone who rides the upper levels to see what he knows, and I'd want bloodwork drawn if they'd allow it.

I clearly remember the olympic showjumper purchased off a dealer's lot by someone on COTH for $500 a few years ago.

how does an owner know the horse won all that mess but doesn't know who the horse is?
    Think about it. This horse is not who they say he is. How could he be? They don't know who he is LOL!

Color him poo brown and tell me again 'want'.

Really?
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. (Steven Wright)