The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Luis Denizard Clinic-Take my spot, please

My horse had to go to the clinic for IV oxytet treatment for lyme :-(

My barn is having a clinic this Thurs and Fri with Luis Denizard and I was supposed to ride in it. It would have been my 3rd clinic with him. He is an awesome clinician so I am trying to find someone to take my place at a slight discount so I don't have to pay in full as the clinic was full and if one cancels, unless the spot is taken, I will lose all my entry.

The barn it will be at is in Allentown NJ near Cream Ridge. There is overnight stall available if needed.

PM me if interested and I will supply all details as I don't want this to be an "advertisment" which is why I did not even put the barn's name in.

Someone take advantage of my loss....you won't regret it! BTW you can do 1 or 2 days. I am totally bummed but my horse needs to get well.
    Adriane
    Happily retired but used to be:
    www.ParrotNutz.com

http://delantedressage.com/

a few people wanted to know more about him so here is his website so I don't have to answer several times.

Like I said....I already paid so I will give a discount to anyone who wants to take my place
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com

He was just in Indiana and a good friend of mine cliniced with him all three days as well as lots of other people I know. He's an excellent instructor.

Did your friend give any specifics? My pickiness about instructors/schools of thought/methodology cannot be overstated. His website gives no concrete info on his ideology.

What issues did he choose to address with your friend? How?

Quote Originally Posted by Isabeau Z Solace View Post
    Did your friend give any specifics? My pickiness about instructors/schools of thought/methodology cannot be overstated. His website gives no concrete info on his ideology.

What issues did he choose to address with your friend? How?
    I would be happy to give you my trainers name and number and as 2 professionals you could ask her....I am sure she can tell you all you need/want to know. My trainer is currently showing Prix St George and does each and every clinic Lou has given.
    Or I can give you the name and number of a long time student of his who has put together all the clinics here.
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Lou is also incredibly nice. He used to be in RI, and I scribed for him multiple times at schooling shows.

Quote Originally Posted by IFG View Post
    Lou is also incredibly nice. He used to be in RI, and I scribed for him multiple times at schooling shows.
    Meh.... honestly, my last concern when it comes to riding instructors. The CEO of McDonalds is 'nice,' but they sell crap.

Technique.
    Knowledge of human and equine anatomy.
    Skill at translating a able riders 'feel' into a concrete sets of instructions that a less skilled rider can execute.

These are the details that interest me.
    Parrotnutz, is there any video on youtube?

Meh.... honestly, my last concern when it comes to riding instructors. The CEO of McDonalds is 'nice,' but they sell crap.

Technique.
    Knowledge of human and equine anatomy.
    Skill at translating a able riders 'feel' into a concrete sets of instructions that a less skilled rider can execute.

These are the details that interest me.
    Parrotnutz, is there any video on youtube?
    Isabeau:
    Rhythm and Blues Stables :there is the contact info there. If you are suspect of them pushing to make money...remember I already paid and am trying to recoup some of my monies.
    I am not here to advertise Lou.....I will repeat, if you want to know about him, talk to my trainer Heidi Lemack....also, on the website you will see what other clinicians we have had.

This is a wonderful place in the fact that there is no drama and only 7 boarders in a 22 stall barn. They have many of their own horses and also breed their mare every year. Obviously, they don't make a ton of money boarding or with clinics but run a small business. Also not a lesson "mill"
    Heidi couldn't "sell" anyone if she tried....not that kind of person. It is her and her husband and her parents who all live on the farm. The kind of people they are: 3 years ago I had an accident...they picked up my dogs and kept them 3 months. The Mom stayed with me for my surgery as I have no family.
    So see, if you are suspect you won't get the truth, I think you will. Heidi is very knowledgeable.

I repeat....I am only trying to recoup some monsey....even offered a discounted price so maybe I can do it. They probably won,t charge me because that is the way they are, but I feel an obligation as they saved me a spot since the last clinic because I commited then.
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com

alibi I sent you a PM

Thanks Alibi...obviously second vid is a woman.
    Isabeau.....why the PM to Alibi? Is it something we cannot "know"?
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Quote Originally Posted by Parrotnutz View Post
    Thanks Alibi...obviously second vid is a woman.
    Isabeau.....why the PM to Alibi? Is it something we cannot "know"?
    I just wanted to discuss clinician credentials in general. And you seemed to feel I was attacking you/Luiz, so I took it private so nobody felt I was 'out to get them.'

I may start another thread on this topic. I'm pretty interested in teacher credentials/methodologies and how horse folks behave as consumers.

As for the 'horse hugger,' methinks he lifted that idea from someone else.

I just wanted to discuss clinician credentials in general. And you seemed to feel I was attacking you/Luiz, so I took it private so nobody felt I was 'out to get them.'

I may start another thread on this topic. I'm pretty interested in teacher credentials/methodologies and how horse folks behave as consumers.

As for the 'horse hugger,' methinks he lifted that idea from someone else.
    No I most certainly did not think you were attacking....I kep telling you to contact my trainer or the other person who helped put together the clinic because either could answer you questions better than I......doesn't that make more sense ? Since you and my trainer are both Pros I figured it would be easier for her to answer your "qualification" questions.

I was merely trying to find someone to take my place at his clinic. I can say, with 40 years riding behind me, that I am not interested in taking a clinic unless I am going to learn something or get a different view on things and I have to say he did that for me. He taught each person at their level and did point out anatomical reasons for thing on both horse and rider. I have a very subtle problem with my ride leg/foot due to screws in my ankle and achilles tendon injury....he picked it up and helped me to see how I can correct it and my balance in a way slightly different than I was doing..
    My horse is very green and sensitive and he put it on a level that helped my horse instead of stressing him.

Anyho.....I thought maybe someone had heard of him or wanted a new experience so I posted to maybe recoup some monies, period.

Seems some have done a clinic with him...see other posts, but because one said he was nice you poo-pooed that too. I did nott ake it because he was "nice" that was just an added bonus....but he was all business during the lessons.

Maybe you should come down and audit one day...we are only about 1 hour from where you are. I can certainly let you know when the higher level riders are going.

Now back to my regularly scheduled program.....anyone want my spot? You will have a terrific learning experience. :-)

I also said I would absorb a bit of the fee.

PS: I kow nothing about the hugger thingie....he did not come with them in hand to sell and never even mentioned them.
    Last edited by Parrotnutz; Aug. 27, 2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com

Like I said, I have a friend that has cliniced with him 3 times. She has arabians, one going 3rd level, one going training level and he was just as helpful to her as he was to the people on the WBs. He helped her start half steps on Sunday.

Her regular instructor has a new horse schooling 3rd aimed for grand prix that she ships to Florida to ride with him in the winter.

I have spent many hours in the same arenas as Lou. I have seen him ride, teach, and be taught. He is a highly skilled teacher and very professional. His experience as the director of riding at Johnson & Wales certainly should speak for his experience as an educator... I know many of his old students from the college are professionals now and still ride with him when they can.

Quote Originally Posted by inspired View Post
    I have spent many hours in the same arenas as Lou. I have seen him ride, teach, and be taught. He is a highly skilled teacher and very professional. His experience as the director of riding at Johnson & Wales certainly should speak for his experience as an educator... I know many of his old students from the college are professionals now and still ride with him when they can.
    Thanks for all that have commented on Lou.....being a mere amatueur I guess some cannot take my word for it....even if I have been riding 40 years :-0

He so helped me improve my greenie in one clinic!
    Somebody is missing out!
    Adriane
    www.ParrotNutz.com