The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Tanheath Hunter Pace and Foxhunting Clinic

Tanheath Hunt Club will hold their fall hunter pace at Babcock Hill Equestrian center in Coventry, CT on September 9. It is an 8 mile ride over cross country fences, through mown fields, and along wooded trails. Their Introduction to Foxhunting Clinic will be on September 22 at Tyrone Farm in Pomfret, CT. This mounted clinic gives you all the information you'll need to begin foxhunting and also offers the opportunity to introduce your horse to hounds in a relaxed setting. Visit www.tanheathhunt.com for more information.

Just bumping this post... I have done the Tanheath foxhunting clinic in the past and I highly recommend it! I am really looking forward to attending the pace at BHEC too this year, see you there Bullet.

Why oh why can't the hunts coordinate their pace event dates so they don't conflict?

ONBH is the same day.

This just happened this past weekened as well.

Nashoba Hunt pace event and the ONBH poker ride were both the same day and they are even closer proximity.

Sigh. But it is nice to have choices.

I would highly recommend the Foxhunting Clinic on Sept 22! It is held at Tyrone Farm, which is a spectacular location with beautiful views.

The clinic is very inviting and provides an excellent venue for young horses, or just horses not familiar to foxhunting, not to mention getting new people introduced to this wonderful sport!

You can register at www.tyronefarm.com, closing date is Tuesday.

Please join us!!

Despite not having a buddy to drag with me, I'm very interested. (And yes, I know closing is in three days!) What's the attire like?

I concur that the Intro to Foxhunting clinic is great! I attended (sans horse) 2 years ago, and the teachings were very helpful soon after when I was able to hunt in VA. Especially the lesson on how to tie a stock tie! It's a great chance to learn about hunting and to gently expose your horse to the things they will see in the hunt field. If I weren't going to be in VA again on the 22nd, I would surely attend again, this time with my pony!

Default Attire for foxhunting clinic

Goforagallop, the attire is casual in my recollection, polo or rat catcher and breeches is fine. Hope you will join us!
    Last edited by nctoma; Sep. 16, 2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Addressed wrong poster

The only requirement is a hardhat and a shoe with a heel. Paddock boots are fine. You can even come with a western saddle. Part of the clinic focuses on what to wear for a first hunt, but it's not necessary to dress for the clinic. It's meant to be casual and fun.