The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ATA Inspection bound!

We are on the road to Napa Ca for the Trakehner inspections. Is anyone else going?

Default Nope but...

You'll have to give us a report on the stallions when you get back.
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Default Update

There is no cel service at the farm where the inspection is taking place, so I will update at the end of the day. After the party!

Can't wait for an update! I keep checking facebook!

Default Measuring day

All of the horses have arrived at Wild Horse Ranch. They have all been officially measured for height, girth, and cannon circumference. Our baby boy is officially 16.1 1/4! He can stop now....
    This is his first out of town trip and the atmosphere is pretty big for a young stud! He is maintaining his good humor and sunny, calm disposition in all the hubbub, poking, and measuring.

Tomorrow is the jog on the hard surface and the triangle.

Oh and the wine and cheese social was great. Thanks to the Sunsprites for sponsoring the evening festivities. I had fun, in case you can't tell by my lack of proof reading!

More tomorrow.

BTW - the link to Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/AmericanTrakehnerAssociation There are a few video links to the stallions that we had videos of that are being presented this weekend. There is also a link to the FB page specifically for the West Coast Inspection on the ATA page.

Tomorrow, or when photos etc are released, the approved stallions and photos from the inspections that have occured this year will be posted.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

I didn't realize Sea Lion was being presented for approval, how exciting! I'd like to see more of him. I'd love to see/hear any updates!

Pam told me Sea Lion is being presented to both the ATA and the Old/ISR this month. I hope he does well, I am a little biased since I have his full sister, who I am head over heels for.

As far as updates are concerned, thus far I think the easiest way to see anything is to add Pam Fisher Eventing on Facebook, she uploads his competition videos and posts pictures and results from time to time. Hopefully he will have a website of his own at some point! I have nothing to do with his promotion or marketing, I am just a really big fan of his.

Best of luck to everyone, but especially Pam and Sea Lion!

Thanks, magicteetango! Very cool stallion; it will be interesting to see what he produces. Does anyone know if he has any foals on the ground?

He had his first breeding this year and Pam said the vet mentioned he was very fertile. I believe that mare caught on the first try.

I am thinking long term: my Heling/Malachit mare is in foal for 2013 to Coconut Grove; fingers crossed she has a filly as I would love to breed a Coconut Grove Anglo-Trak filly back to a quality TB like Sea Lion for a serious upper level event prospect with about 85% TB. Is it too early for me to be drooling over this cross? It 's great to see TB stallions being approved for North American Trakehner breeding: first Sea Accounts, and now hopefully Sea Lion as well.

Default Very good weekend!

What an interesting weekend! Lots of good information was shared and many lovely horses were presented for approval. We saw old friends and met new ones too. We learned more about the breed and we drank some really really good wine at Kenzo winery.

Our baby boy is officially a grown up now and he sports the Trakehner brand on his hip and also the Approved Stallion brand on his neck.

They grow up so fast!! LOL

We managed to get the truck and trailer down the mountain and we are on the trek back home.

What a fun weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by tuppysmom View Post
    Our baby boy is officially a grown up now and he sports the Trakehner brand on his hip and also the Approved Stallion brand on his neck.
    I loved the branders' concerns over doing this double brand ("they get really funky about the 2nd brand b/c they know what's coming"). Hilarious watching their faces as he basically just shook his head after the neck brand and stood like a rock for the hip.

Baby's all growed up. Give him a carrot, a kiss and tell him vacation's over - time to get back to work!
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com