The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up Romney's Horse

So the Romneys are now called selfish for keeping a horse?

And employing a groom with a family to support.
    And paying for feed that’s sold by someone with a family to support
    and transported in trucks by someone with a family to support
    and manufactured in a factory by people with families to support
    from stuff that’s grown by farmers with families to support.
    And having a barn built by construction workers with families to support
    with materials trucked by drivers with families to support
    from factories with workers with families to support.

Sounds to me like that one horse has done more to put Americans to work than the horse’s ass in the White House
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

My husband made the same comment the other day in relation to our horses. No mention of tack companies, the man who delivers shavings, the chiropractor and vet... the list goes on and on!

I think the Romneys are being called selfish for declaring a $77,000 "business loss" for their horse on their 2010 taxes, and then talking about their horse like it's Ann Romney's therapy animal whenever someone asks him about it.

Has anyone here declared a near six-figure business loss on their horse recently?
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFrytheEqHorse View Post
    I think the Romneys are being called selfish for declaring a $77,000 "business loss" for their horse on their 2010 taxes, and then talking about their horse like it's Ann Romney's therapy animal whenever someone asks him about it.
    ^ Yeah I think it has to do with this OP....
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

OMG did Rafalca learn to jump!? No? Oh.

What are we talking about?
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Quote Originally Posted by SaturdayNightLive View Post

Love this.
    ~ Citizens for a Kinder, Gentler COTH...our mantra: Be nice. ~

Is it Off Topic Day where we can post whatever comes out of our mouths, errhh fingers ?

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

Sounds to me like that one horse has done more to put Americans to work than the horse’s ass in the White House
    By all means, if you want to put into power the party represented by Todd Akin, the one that would like to take us back to the Dark Ages, to a place that rejects science and where superstition reigns supreme, then go ahead and vote for Romney/Ryan.

Obama might have his faults, but the Republican ticket is downright scary.

Oh yeah, this is supposed to be about horses. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by EAY View Post
    By all means, if you want to put into power the party represented by Todd Akin, the one that would like to take us back to the Dark Ages, to a place that rejects science and where superstition reigns supreme, then go ahead and vote for Romney/Ryan.

But legitimate rape!!!11!!11111!11!!1!

"By all means, if you want to put into power the party represented by Todd Akin, the one that would like to take us back to the Dark Ages, to a place that rejects science and where superstition reigns supreme, then go ahead and vote for Romney/Ryan.

Reply With Quote"

Akin doesn't represent the republican party. Read a little and you see that other people in the GOP are denouncing him for what he said. Since when did Akin ever represent the GOP? It's disgusting that you feel the need to use one thing like that to denounce an entire group of people...

Pretty over giving a damn about the romneys horse, it has nothing too with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SnicklefritzG View Post
    Akin doesn't represent the republican party. Read a little and you see that other people in the GOP are denouncing him for what he said. Since when did Akin ever represent the GOP? It's disgusting that you feel the need to use one thing like that to denounce an entire group of people...
    I was not in any way trying to imply that all Republicans agree with Akin's position, just that the position he gave voice to is pretty well in line with that espoused by the people who are in control of the party at this point in time.

The GOP is only denouncing him for bringing to light and attracting unwanted attention to something that is basically enshrined in their platform (the so-called "human life amendment"). And it was after all the Republican leadership in the House that picked Akin to be on the Committee on Science and Technology.

Come on, this isn't the first time the man has gone off half-cock.

There is no longer a mortgage industry feeding a housing bubble to generate copious quantities of cash for people to spend thriftlessly.

Some in this country want to continue that lifestyle because they are addicted to it, and will endeavor to find ways to fund their addiction.

But like many other kinds of addicts, they only live for the next fix, and concepts of future repercussions for their actions over themselves and others don't often factor into living for immediate gratification of fulfilling momentary whims.

I think that the Romney's horse may be representitive for many of a consept of self indulgents that is often associated with individuals who charish luxury.

The world is quickly changing. The excesses consumed by yesterdays indulgences are becoming the essential resources needed for the people of tomorrow to simply maintain life.

The quality of a leader for the present, will be found in their desire to provide hope for the unborn children of the distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by EAY View Post
    I was not in any way trying to imply that all Republicans agree with Akin's position, just that the position he gave voice to is pretty well in line with that espoused by the people who are in control of the party at this point in time.

What you said above isn't in agreement with the way your post comes across.

The GOP is only denouncing him for bringing to light and attracting unwanted attention to something that is basically enshrined in their platform (the so-called "human life amendment"). And it was after all the Republican leadership in the House that picked Akin to be on the Committee on Science and Technology.

I don't think there is anyone in the GOP who would condone rape, so your statements about the "only reason" that guy is being denounced is a broad sweeping over-generlization. If you prescribe to the tenets of another political party, that's perfectly fine, but don't make sweeping generalization of that magnitude about your "opponents...

Come on, this isn't the first time the man has gone off half-cock.

-----

Just over two more months of this? Really?! I don't know if I can stand it. Nothing is safe, not even the hunter jumper forum?

Counting the days until my arena is rideable and I will have no time for COTH...

Default From the NY Times

"5:35 p.m. | Updated Even as the Republican establishment continued to call for Representative Todd Akin of Missouri to drop out of his Senate race because of his comments on rape and abortion, Republicans approved platform language on Tuesday calling for a constitutional amendment outlawing abortion with no explicit exceptions for cases of rape or incest.

The anti-abortion plank, approved by the Republican platform committee Tuesday morning in Tampa, Fla., was similar to the planks Republicans have included in their recent party platforms, which also called for a constitutional ban on abortions. The full convention is set to vote on the party’s platform on Monday.

While Republican officials stressed that the plank did not go into granular details, saying that they were better left to the states, the language of the plank seems to leave little room for exceptions to the abortion ban. It states that “the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed.”

“Faithful to the ‘self-evident’ truths enshrined in the Declaration of Independence, we assert the sanctity of human life and affirm that the unborn child has a fundamental individual right to life which cannot be infringed,” said the draft platform language approved Tuesday, which was first reported by CNN. “We support a human life amendment to the Constitution and endorse legislation to make clear that the Fourteenth Amendment’s protections apply to unborn children.”

The timing of the approval of the Republican anti-abortion plank was awkward for Mitt Romney, who has denounced Mr. Akin’s comments about rape and abortion and who has said that he supports exceptions to allow abortions in cases of rape. And it comes as his selection of his running mate, Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin, was already drawing scrutiny for his support for a more absolute ban on abortions, even in cases of rape or incest."
    2012 goal: learn to ride like a Barn Rat

A helmet saved my life.

Now, don't go and try to confuse Andrew with either facts or logic.....

As for him calling that intelligent, articulate, gracious and hardworking man in the White House - the President - "a horse's ass"? well, I rest my case.