The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Winter Equestrian Festival on RFD-TV

Just wanted to announce that RFD-TV will be showing 3 WEF classes. The first, the $80,000 Adequan Grand Prix, will be Thursday night Aug 23 at 10 pm. The second will be the FTI $500,000 Finale class on Monday Aug 27 at 8 pm. The third, the $150,000 Wellington Equestrian Realty Grand Prix, will be Aug 30 (Thurs) at 10 pm. It will be exciting as we are showing some of the best horses and riders from all around the world who competed this year at WEF. This is our first foray into this level of show jumping and we would love your support so we can do more in the future. Please excuse the magic of editing where we have the starter horn and the announcer's intro 3 seconds before the first jump. If we did real time we wouldn't have been able to show as many riders as we were able to. We tried to appeal to both the novice as well as the seasoned fan so hope everyone enjoys. We really want to commit to showing jumpers on TV but we need viewers to make this happen. Thank you.
    Sally at RFD-TV

CHECK YOUR LOCAL TIMES. it's 10 pm EST
    Last edited by Greggers; Aug. 23, 2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: left 'EST' off times list

I don't get the RFD-TV channel. Will you be making this available to view on line?

Right now as we are a cable TV network there are no plans to put it on the internet unfortunately. Maybe we can change that. RFD-TV is available on every major cable and satelite network--just depends on your area and your cable package. You can always call your provider and request RFD. We do have quite of bit of equine programming.
    Thanks,
    Sally

That is awesome can't wait to watch
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

FABULOUS!!! You must have gotten warm fuzzies from the Omaha International! I'm so glad to see RFD branching out in the equine world. We've had RFD-TV since it came on the air.

Sally, does your last name begin with L? If so, I know we've been in touch on numerous occasions - you can PM (private message) me if you want (right click on my name)

Carol
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Default Excited for WEF on RFD

We added RFD recently to our cable package so I could watch horsey programming. Most of it is the same-old-same-old stuff, Parelli, Cameron, etc. SO EXCITED to see some jumping on RFD. Definitely tuning in.

Default Great to see this on RFD-TV!

Oh good, I think seeing WEF there will be a super thing -- thanks for the heads up.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/im...milies/yes.gif

DVR is set!

Got my DVR set! Thanks for bringing this to RFD!

Everyone check your local listings for RFD-TV. WEF is on tonight at 10 pm EST so may be 9 central, 8 mountain and 7 pacific. I'll double check with production later this morning.
    Thanks,
    Sally

we love RFD! Will be setting the DVR
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire) 2005 KWPN Stallion
    RPSI, KWPN reg B, and IHF nominated
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

For those that don't get RFD-TV you can watch the rounds here on line. http://www.youtube.com/results?searc..._date_uploaded

Well, I could do without the music playing in the background. LOL

Yea what's with the.music? In glad to.see as many rounds as possible, but it does need a bit of work.though. still, glad to see it on RFD

Thank you all who watched last night! I know there were a few bugs and I realize the music was awful --concession to producer. Apparently you can't have complete silence on a show--TV rule.
    Monday's show is really good! Better than last night's. We really appreciate your support and if we have enough viewers we will do more. And we will do it better in the future. You can always PM me with suggestions! We want this to work for all of us as fans of show jumping.
    Thank you,
    Sally

Default $500,000 FTI Finale tonight!

The $500,000 FTI Finale will be shown tonight on RFD-TV at 8 pm EST. It turned out well and is a very exciting class anyway. Thank you all for your support!
    The last show scheduled will be this Thursday at 10 pm EST and will be the $150,000 class. It also turned out well and is a fun watch.
    Sally

Default That's great!

I just saw this so missed the first one. I'll program my DVR when I get home tonight before I ride. Thanks!!
    Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. Goethe

Looking forward to tonight's! Thursday night's was great!

After Sally apologized all over herself for the music, I found it FAR better than constant blabbering about each step of the round. We heard what we needed to hear, and got to enjoy the round.

Thanks, Sally & RFD! Looking forward to more!

Carol
    www.ayliprod.com

Oooh! Glad for this post! I saw the first round last week and didn't realize they were showing different events (I was out and had someone record it for me to watch).

I will tune in!
    Siouxland Sporthorses: http://slsfarm.blogspot.com/

DIY Journey of Remodeling the Farmette: http://weownblackacre.blogspot.com/

Yes, Trot - and another this Thursday!

C
    www.ayliprod.com