The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AEM74 View Post
    Well...I think I might end up going after all. I seem to have found a laid-back group to join (thank you, enjoytheride for emailing me on FB) so we don't blow Zeus' horsey mind. I've already trail ridden him, shown him cows, etc. and he's handled everything like a champ, so I *think* he'll be a good boy, but one never knows. Guess we'll find out! So yeah GutsNGlory, hope to see you there! PM me if you want my cell phone # so we can easily find one another once we get there.
    YES! Can't wait to see you and meet Zeus! PMing you now.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

This sounds really fun! Does anyone have space in a group that can accomodate an extra probably good but possibly not TB? I do think he will settle quickly and walk nicely after a few minutes trotting and cantering around which I can do before we get started.

I can't make it this year but next year - it's already on my calendar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fordtraktor View Post
    This sounds really fun! Does anyone have space in a group that can accomodate an extra probably good but possibly not TB? I do think he will settle quickly and walk nicely after a few minutes trotting and cantering around which I can do before we get started.
    If you message mroetter or bigbaytb they might be able to help find a group for you. There's a nice warmup area available so you can take the edge off before you head out.
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

I won't be going this year, I'll be packing to leave for the AEC's on teh 4th. However, I can easily get you in contact with a group to ride with. Or, it's easy to show up and join a group too. A couple years ago, I was supposed to have 3 other riders..ended up with a group of 9 by the time we started. lol
    I love my OTTB! I get my dressage test done faster!

Thank you! I am going with some COTHers, so excited!

I am so jealous. .....have fun. Please post pictures!

This sounds like a blast, count me in next year when I have my own transportation!

Cobjocky, emailing you the entry form. Share it with your farm and maybe you can go!

Monday's ride may be canceled due to the rain that Isaac is forecasted to bring us. The organizer said she'd email us early Monday morning on the status. Fingers crossed that we're able to go out!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Quote Originally Posted by AEM74 View Post
    Monday's ride may be canceled due to the rain that Isaac is forecasted to bring us. The organizer said she'd email us early Monday morning on the status. Fingers crossed that we're able to go out!
    Thanks for the update! Here's to hoping

Looks like it is going to be quite a wet Labor Day weekend though. And all of my plans, including this, were to be outdoors of course... BUT... we've only had 2 good rains at our house since early May - with both being in the past 2 weeks. So I absolutely will NOT complain about the rain.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Exactly my thoughts. We've greened up a bit this last month but still...can't wish the rain away in good conscience.

Smile The ride is ON!

The ride is ON! Isaac only gave us a few inches of much needed rain. It might be a little slick but we should be OK. Dont forget to bring release forms (found on TPH's website) and $30.
    Spread the word!!
    I will see everyone on Monday!

That sounds like fun. I went to a judged obstacle ride this weekend and they had a murder mystery theme. You were given a discription of the suspects and introduced to them at the rider briefing. On the course there were clues posted along the way. When everyone got back for the awards ceremony you could ask the suspects questions. The lady that narrowed it down and answered correctly got several hundred dollars worth of Kentucky Performance Products supplements.

All the party poopers missed out! The footing was good and the weather was perfect. Everyone had a great time

I was just checking in to see how it went. Anyone go and take pictures?

I'm not sure I got any pictures, but we went and had a blast! My team failed miserably at solving the mystery, but we had a great time running around the gorgeous property anyway.

It sounds like so much fun. I'm planning on going next year, for sure.

Default rules and instructions for the game

I would love to get the rules for "clue on horseback". We are located in NE and would like to do this game for our in barn Halloween show. Could someone send the rules that would be so great.

Default Clue on Horseback

Still wondering if anyone has the rules and how to play the game. Could some one please explain how it is played.