The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default new (CANTER) horse... UPDATE: arrives Saturday!

After several weeks of suffering severe Danny withdrawal symptoms, I decided to ease the pain by acquiring this fine animal.

(I actually was looking for a yearling TB in the PNW to raise at home but we saw judybrp's post and just liked this guy. Also, he vetted clean and by all accounts is a nice horse to be around.)

So now he needs to find his way from Woodbine MD to the SoPi area. Anyone heading that way? Anyone know anyone heading that way? PMs or public replies welcome.

Thanks!
    Last edited by JER; Sep. 20, 2012 at 06:34 PM.

Can't help you with the ride, but am absolutely green with envy! Congrats on getting this guy
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Oh, congratulations! He's been one of my favorites I've seen on CANTER, and had I not just bought my young prospect for myself I would have looked into him when I saw him listed. He is built SO much like my Pleasant Colony grandbaby that I really hope for your sake you love him as much as I love mine.

Let me know if he decides he wants a dressage home in the future. (For the record, my guy was started x-country by a teenager, which I suspect is why he never loved it, given any time I let him look at it he thinks we should jump the arena fence and take off across the desert and he steers to go through puddles instead of around them.)

I'm so excited you bought this guy because I'm sure it means we'll get to see progress!
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

I can't help with the ride, but wish to say congrats! He's a very handsome boy and I hope it will be a great partnership!

Oh crap! I don't have any vacation left or I'd go get him and take him down for you!!! I can get him from Woodbine MD, if he has to move someplace....I have lots of grass....he can join the OTTB crowd here until a ride is available. JER are you on facebook, there is a good trailer ride group on there, PM me and I'll message you with details.
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com

JER you are going to totally ruin your reputation for liking hot, little mares!!

Do you get pictures on you cell phone? Sent you one a Danny the other day...

May want to pm Fairweather. I believe she told me she is moving some of the Canter horses up to md from southern pines.

Quote Originally Posted by retreadeventer View Post
    Oh crap! I don't have any vacation left or I'd go get him and take him down for you!!! I can get him from Woodbine MD, if he has to move someplace....I have lots of grass....he can join the OTTB crowd here until a ride is available. JER are you on facebook, there is a good trailer ride group on there, PM me and I'll message you with details.
    I don't do facebook but will PM you. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by subk View Post
    JER you are going to totally ruin your reputation for liking hot, little mares!!

Do you get pictures on you cell phone? Sent you one a Danny the other day...
    The cool geldings are 'beards', so to speak. A front for the real agenda. I can pull them out occasionally as proof that I'm safe to be strolling about the streets. I've also got my eye on a 3YO filly that has the looks, behaviour and pedigree to be a real blast -- as in nuclear.

Didn't get the pics, though. Cell phone doesn't receive pics in Canada for some unknown reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jleegriffith View Post
    May want to pm Fairweather. I believe she told me she is moving some of the Canter horses up to md from southern pines.
    Oh, interesting, that could work. Will PM her.

Sorry, can't help on the trailering. Just want to echo that he is indeed a lovely horse!! Having an upper level mare by Carnivalay, I have to say I'm partial to the pedigree. And who doesn't love Pleasant Colony?

In fact, said mare was bred to a PC grandson this spring. Fingers crossed that it turns out as nice looking as Star Colony! Best of luck with him, please keep us updated on his progress.
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

JER if he needs a spot till he moves South, I am close and , close enough to Fair Hill and Plantation that if anyone is coming up they can get him from here on their way out..I have 1 empty stall at the moment...PM me...

Sorry, just seeing this and did just come backe with two empty spots on the trailer :/

I'll talk to the trainer and see when he needs to be gone. He's at her farm and had the summer off, so he might be fine there for a little while.

Thanks to all for being so generous.

We're very excited about him. Even though I don't usually like geldings or chestnuts or white markings. Everyone up here that I showed the pics to -- even the non-horse people -- says 'He looks just like Danny.' Danny is dark brown with no white but maybe colourblindness is a good thing here.

Also, this new guy needs a name. Of course he'll be keeping 'Star Colony' for competition but we need to call him something with fewer words and syllables. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post

Also, this new guy needs a name. Of course he'll be keeping 'Star Colony' for competition but we need to call him something with fewer words and syllables. Any suggestions?
    Starsky?
    Shut up! You look fine! --Judybigredpony
    Ms. Brazil

Colin? Cole? Neil?

And I'm green with envy, you know I've been wanting another Pleasant Colony baby.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what
    lies with in us. - Emerson

Starkers. Since you already have Zizi and all.
    "Why would anybody come here if they had a pony? Who leaves a country packed with ponies to come to a non-pony country? It doesn't make sense!"

Rowan Mickleburgh is going south shortly- his contact info is here

Rowan Mickleburgh
    Pumula Horse Carriers LLC
    804 432 7308 (cell)
    540 301 0203 (fax)
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Star Colony is traveling to SoPi on Saturday!

Glenbaer says we'll be calling him 'Colin'. This is probably because she knows I recently gave the name The Shark to my new pet rabbit and so she's afraid of what I might come up with next.

I do promise to post pics when he arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by JER View Post
    I've also got my eye on a 3YO filly that has the looks, behaviour and pedigree to be a real blast -- as in nuclear.
    Ahem. Congrats on the new guy and all, but I demand details about this filly!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Can't help you with the ride, but am absolutely green with envy! Congrats on getting this guy
    Ditto on the envy! He's a NICE one! Congratulations!

I like Colin. That's nice! Oh best of luck. I want to hear how he comes along!
    "Passion, though a bad regulator, is a powerful spring." -- Emerson
    www.eventhorse.wordpress.com