The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Help solve a murder at Traders Point

The Traders Point Hunt needs your help solving a mystery.

Compete in teams up to 10 in the game of Clue on horseback. Ride over the scenic hunt grounds of Traders Point at Wild Air Farms(and the grounds of the Traders Point A horse show) while attempting to solve the mystery. Was it the groom in the tack room with the whip?

You will ride over open fields, hills, heavily wooded narrow trails, and water crossings at whatever speed you chose. If you get an answer wrong you have to leave your checkpoint and come back to it later. You may jump the hunt fences or go around them. Some teams gallop from checkpoint to checkpoint, others are more sedate. Any tack is appropriate but helmets are required.

Your horse should go well in a group and be ok with horses cantering hither and yon and fit enough to be out for about 2 hours.

If you don't have enough members for a team or are not familar with the grounds you will be grouped with other participants so never fear.

Over 70 riders showed up for last year's ride.

Labor Day Murder Mystery Ride
    Monday sept, 3rd 10am
    Registration begins at 9:00am, instructions at 9:45, game begins at 10am.

Park on the showgrounds of Traders Point.

$30 per person, a good lunch is provided.

Prize to the winning team

All riders welcome, helmet and signed release required.

Photos from last year's ride are located here

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set...6137501&type=3

THAT SOUNDS SO FUUUNNNN!!!
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

the link didn't work

that sounds like so much fun!
    I have a feeling its not in my area but i did want to see the pictures
    Eventers of the West
    A Facebook group I created for Eventers in the West Region of the U.S.
    Remy - My OTTB Gelding! Love him to pieces!

Ooh that sounds like so much fun! Wish I was closer!

Oh what fun!

Quote Originally Posted by KateMcCall View Post
    the link didn't work

that sounds like so much fun!
    I have a feeling its not in my area but i did want to see the pictures
    I have a feeling it is permission issues re facebook. I'd love to see and pass along to organizers in our area for a fun experience as well

God that sounds like so much fun!

I'm checking to see if the photos are up anywhere else.

This sounds like a blast! About a 2 hour drive for me... hmmm I am certain I would know a good number of people in attendance... especially judging by the pictures. I'd have to join someone's group though - preferably a group that plans to gallop a good amount
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

Wish I was closer, sure sounds fun.
    I can explain it TO you,but I can't understand it FOR you

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse&Bay View Post
    Ooh that sounds like so much fun! Wish I was closer!
    ditto. hmmm......thinking what group in my area I can get to help organize one of these! What a great idea!
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

This ride is loads of fun! Friendly people. Beautiful grounds. I wasn't able to do it last year, but did it the year before and had a blast. I don't know if I'll do it this year. I have a new horse (as in, I've had him for 2 weeks) and need to give it some thought.

If you're within a reasonable distance and have the day free, you really should consider coming. It's so much fun!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

That sounds like a blast! Wish I was closer or someone put on a thing like that around here!
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Default Clueless

This sounds like a blast. We are in SC however and since I can't participate, I was wondering if we could copy you?? We have a Halloween Hunter Pace planned but I think this would be much more interesting and fun. Unfortunately I am "clueless" - - never played the game of clue. Do you have written rules / organizers guide that you would be willing to share? THANKS!

I've participated in this event the last two years, and it is so much fun!! And the grounds are beautiful - trails, hills, flat, x/c jumps in some of the trails.

I am very bummed I don't have my big red horse approved to go back to work yet, so I will miss it this year:-(

Quote Originally Posted by zap View Post
    This sounds like a blast. We are in SC however and since I can't participate, I was wondering if we could copy you?? We have a Halloween Hunter Pace planned but I think this would be much more interesting and fun. Unfortunately I am "clueless" - - never played the game of clue. Do you have written rules / organizers guide that you would be willing to share? THANKS!
    Zap, bigbaytb might be able to assist with this. She's a member of TP Hunt and I *think* helps organize this event. If you send her a PM, maybe she'll be able to help. Good luck!
    "If ever I did not have a horse or dog in my keeping, I should feel I had lost touch with the earth." ~Beryl Markham

Default Clue

I am the writer of this game and let me tell you its tons of fun. If you want instructions PM me and I can forward you what I have written.
    This is what happens when you sit around a table with a bottle of wine.
    The first year I think we had just 20 riders and 4 kids on a golf cart. Now we have over 70 riders. Everyone ends of winning so I have created tie breakers. I.E> putting a bridle together blindfolded while your partner yells instructions. Can you tell I have watched too many reality TV shows.

Please come if you are able.

AEM74 - I think you should go! I am really considering it... and as much as I love seeing pictures of the new boy, it would be even better to see him in person! Plus, we could catch up
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

It is such fun! *M* comes up with hilarious tie breakers!

I'd encourage anyone with a trail broke horse within a reasonable driving distance to come! Everyone is super nice and everyone had a lot of fun last year.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsNGlory View Post
    AEM74 - I think you should go! I am really considering it... and as much as I love seeing pictures of the new boy, it would be even better to see him in person! Plus, we could catch up
    Well...I think I might end up going after all. I seem to have found a laid-back group to join (thank you, enjoytheride for emailing me on FB) so we don't blow Zeus' horsey mind. I've already trail ridden him, shown him cows, etc. and he's handled everything like a champ, so I *think* he'll be a good boy, but one never knows. Guess we'll find out! So yeah GutsNGlory, hope to see you there! PM me if you want my cell phone # so we can easily find one another once we get there.