The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sweet, easy going Arab gelding. Nice trail horse/low level dressage. IN. PLACED

Tall pretty Reg. Arabian gelding. 15.2 chestnut. dob 7/16/95. Very laid back and easy going, sweet and kind. Really bonds with his person. He is a nice trail horse or low level dressage. Can be ridden western also. Has been a kids horse and husband horse. Would be a great lesson horse. Good basics and very smooth gaits. Rocking chair canter. Bottom of the pecking order and no vices. This is a very sweet and loving horse with a kind, soft eye. He is sensitive and can't be handled roughly. Good to bath, clip and load. Stands quiet for farrier. Photos from facebook. References are required. Up to date on shots, teeth, farrier and worming. Permanent, loving home is a must.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3766278&type=3

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ca+royalsensation
    Last edited by cashado; Oct. 25, 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Horse has been placed in a new home

Your Facebook pics are unavailable.

I changed the album to public. Hope that fixes it.

Would be ok for a green rider?
    Fleur de Lis Hanoverians

He would be ok for a greener rider. A beginner would be fine as long as they are working with someone. I want to make sure he is cared for properly. My mother is in her mid seventies and seldom rides anymore. She has ridden him with no problems. Also the pictures don't really show it but he is substantially built. Long forearms and short cannons, large feet. He is a little low in the back but hasn't done much since last winter. He is very sound and currently barefoot.

Where in IN is this horse located? A friend is looking for an older, gentle horse and yours seems to fit her needs. But we are in southern WI, so she'd have to arrange for transportation. She is not a beginner rider but she is 63 and wants a stedy eddy. She can provide excellent references as she's own horses before.

We're about 35 or so miles from the northwest side of Indianapolis. Close to interstates I65 and I74. Zip code is 46071. We are 2 hrs south of Chicago.

Cashado, you have a PM.

I took a couple of pictures of Sensation in the pasture this evening. Added to facebook album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3766278&type=3

Does he turn out well with other geldings? Looking for a pasture buddy and light-riding horse, but they have to handle turnout with a gelding.

Yes he gets along great with other geldings. He is the very bottom of the pecking order.

How about some reining for fun, and lots of trail rides, would he be suited for that?

Does he ride well alone?

I don't think reining would be his thing. Yes he will go out alone. I rode him out alone all last winter. Around our property, fields and the roads.

Here are pictures taken off a video of Sensation's 2nd ever dressage lesson this week. His rider is a hunter/jumper trainer who is at least 2nd or 3rd level dressage. I think he did really well.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3766278&type=1

Damn.

Why do you need to get rid of him? I am full with this nursing barn. I have 5 horses (plus a foster) and only one is rideable, she is also an Arabian. I would give my eft foot for this little guy......but I'm full.

If I could only trade so I'd have space ....an amazing guy like him for a broken horse. Not likely, huh?

hundredacres, sent you a pm. The only reason I'm looking for a great home for him is just the need to cut back. I'd like for him to be doing more then he is here. He does nothing wrong and is the easiest horse in the barn.

Bumping up. I would really like to find him a new home before winter. He is not spooky or hot, is very low maintenance and totally sound. He goes on a loose rein and also neck reins. Does great on the trail and is solid wtc, good transitions and takes his leads. I think he would do well in competitive trail. He is doing well in dressage lessons and is very accepting of more rein contact. He would make a good low level dressage partner too. All around good guy. Very laid back and loving. No vices of any kind.

Still available. I want to add that the lessons are with his trainer riding him. He is doing well for her. He needs someone who is at least first or second level if you want to reschool him for dressage. Or take lessons on him with a trainer. He is a western trained horse and is used to being ridden with seat, leg and minimal rein contact. If you are looking for a made dressage horse he is not it. He is more then capable of doing low level dressage but he needs more time with a trainer first.

You know I'm hoping and praying the stars and planets will align for us to meet....

He doesn't take up much room, lol!!