The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 Dobies (brother/sister) need home ASAP- New England *ADOPTER IS BAILING*

A friend of mine who lost his house is seeking to re home his two eight year old "blue" dobermans. He is in a really tough spot work and living wise and there is no where for his dogs to go. He has had them since puppies and they have always been together. These are GREAT middle aged dogs. Super mellow, no bark, no bite, no jump, laid back and easy going with other dogs! They totally ignore hostile or aggressive dogs, are great with strangers kids and other animals. These dogs do not have any behavioral issues at all!

I am fostering them short term as I am not in a position housing wise to keep them. They are everything you could ask for in a family dogs. We are DESPERATE to find a home for them and are talking to Doberman rescue groups but there seems to be waiting lists. I can only keep them for about a week and he cant keep them at all. We have about a week before they have to go to the shelter. If anyone can take them or knows of a reputable rescue that could take them on short notice please let me know. These are WONDERFUL dogs that enjoy long walks, sleeping on the couch and cuddling. They are VERY polite and medium energy. They are located in Rhode Island but I can travel into MASS, CT, NY, NH or VT if need be. Aside from a little fatness and some balding (a common issue with Blue dobermans) they are healthy with no history of bloat, cancer or wobblers.
    Last edited by dobes1; Sep. 3, 2012 at 01:14 PM.

try posting on dobermantalk.com

THANK YOU! I am desperate to find these good older guys a home, they dont stand chance in a shelter.

I sent this along to my agility group and received this in response:

Hey Polly,

Having a Dobe myself and involved in the "Doberman world," I can send this along to my Dobe people and try to figure something out. A great place to check out would be DRU (Doberman Rescue Unlimited) www.dru.org in Sandown, NH. They are usually full to the brim but tend to find space. From the sounds of these two, it might be a pair they could get in. I will send this along, but that might be a great place to check out, if we cant find a home first.

Travis
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Dobes1, I sent you an email

I wish you were closer!!!! I would be able to take one but not both as I already have one low energy Dobie and have lost my 13 year old to cancer a couple years ago have been quietly looking for a replacement. Unfortunately I am in Virginia and that is just too far away for me to come get one.
    Member of the Standardbreds with Saddles Clique!

post pictures !! thye work!!

I have a potential adopter for the both of them. I will let you all know if goes through!

Yes, keep us updated. I may be able to take both.

I should know today whether or not this potential adoption is going to work out. I will keep you all updated. THANK YOU so much to everyone who has helped out!

I have an adoption scheduled for Sunday!!! I hope it goes through and all goes well. Thank you everyone who pulled strings to get these guys into a home!

COTH magic seems to be working again! I hope this works out and these dogs get a great new home!!

Woohoo, I'm so pleased! I just spoke with the adopter and she is over the moon excited to be picking the doggies up on Sunday!!! Yay! I just love it when a shot in the dark works! Just the same, I ache for the poor guy who has to give up his friends. He's doing the right thing but phew, how terribly sad........
    Thanks again to the network! ;-)

Today's Sunday.....Updates PLEASE

The pups went to their new home this morning! This family seems like the perfect fit! THANK YOU everyone who pulled together to get these two wonderful dogs a new family and allowed them the stay together. There dad stopped by late last night on his way home from a film shoot and spent a couple hours with them before saying goodbye.

OOOOHHH that breaks my HEART! Poooooor man. Can you imaaagine? Good job everyone, THANK YOU!!!

Adopter is bailing. She wants to get rid of them because she "doesnt have time". I dont even know what to do at this time. I am stretched thin and in no position to house the dogs.

Have you tried contacting Doberman rescue yet?

Yes but there are "waiting periods" to get dogs in. It's not like to many of the rescues will take a dog on emergency. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with rescues in general.

Chances are Im going to pick them up in the next 24 hours. Back to square one. The "honeymoon" period is over and now she has decided she isn't home enough to own two dogs. Throw away society much?