The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cream! unless your horse is a gray or roan. Then the cream will look dingy against the white tones of the horse. I used to show my chestnut in navy and cream (even had cream polos for warm up), but sold the cream stuff when I retired the chestnut and got a strawberry roan. Now I have a bay and am sorry that I got rid of the cream...So, on to navy jacket and helmet with dove gray breeches...
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

I have a pair of cream breeches with the brown full-seat and brown piping down the side. I think they are Royal Highness brand and I have been complimented on them and told they look quite smart. Anyway, if you decide you want cream/brown, it might give you an option to look for.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

General consensus here on the forum and the horse's owner is cream. The lady that is going to order my coat (for a steal of a price!) doesn't usually get white/cream pants until the spring. So I'll be on the hunt for cream! I really want some Cavallo Championesse (US30/D42) if anyone spots any! I'll go back through and click on all the links you guys gave me to shop from when I'm not sitting at work I can order things from Germany because I have several friends that can ship them from the Army post office so Calevo/Loesdau/Kraemer are all options as well. I wish I had known when I moved from there that I'd find a horse to compete here and I would have tried to shop more at the competitions I went to watch there! Oh well. I agree with the helmet- straight brown since the jacket is 2 shades. I could go vice versa if the jacket was 1 shade. We've decided to go up a size in the jacket so I'm waiting to hear back if the supplier has that particular jacket, or what jackets he does have, in that size. Current horse is dark bay with minimal white so anything will work on him I think! And it would have to be a solid GP horse for me to have a gray!

I have an unworn pair of Pikeur Luganas in cream. Size 40
    RoseLane Sporthorses-Westfalen horses and ponies
    Home of Golden State- 2012 Bundeschampion 3yo Pony Stallion
    Home of Golden West - 2013 Reserve Champion Westfalen Pony Stallion Licensing

I have an older Navy and cream set for rainy days, and a chocolate and cream for nice days.

Gloves - Roeckl
    Pad - Eskadron
    Shirt - Pikeur
    Stock tie - Kyra K.

I have brown Stubben saddles, and Otto S. bridles that are brown with off-white pearls in the brow band.

Oh Honeylips! If only this nutrition challenge that I'm on would REALLY make me skinny! 40 is a 28 and I USED to be a 28 but even if I was skinnier I think my squat booty from the gym would still catch up with me...

Goldenrow: your outfits sound lovely!

Cream!

Although I'm a jumper, I have to chime in!

And share this- dark brown helmet/boots/jacket (jacket is a shade darker), cream shirt (with open collar that has flowers inside) and tan breeches.

Switch the tan with cream.... stunning. However, I get away with a white shirt and white breeches for anything requiring formal dress.

You could go white easily, but the cream would be an extra special touch. I stay out of cream breeches since I can do light tan, and if I need white in my mind it actually should be white.

Do post a picture when you get it all together!
    friend of bar.ka.