The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2008
    Posts
    1,804

    Default USEA dressage score sheets available online anywhere?

    I know where to find the USEA dressage tests online, but is there any place to get the blank score sheets? I need Novice B for tomorrow and stupidly assumed I could just download it.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun. 1, 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    I'm looking too for a pony club ride-a-test thing... same problem.

    Wish I could help you. Sorry!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov. 7, 2006
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,306



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov. 7, 2006
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    It's just the full scoresheet you have to buy - the one the judge writes on. You can always find the instructions for the actual test so you can ride it.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb. 3, 2000
    Location
    Nokesville, VA
    Posts
    35,283

    Default

    The SCORE sheets (as opposed to just the movements) are ONLY available online to the organizers of recognized events, and then only the specific tests used at the competition. And they get charged for them.

    Everyone else has to buy hard copy (in packs of 10) from the USEA office.

    A couple of years ago I attended an official USEA meeting where they considered other alternatives, but in the end they made no changes.
    Janet

    chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov. 7, 2006
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,306

    Default

    It is kind of bizarre, wasteful and archaic, isn't it Janet ? I know for our schooling shows we have to send money physically through the post, to buy cellophane wrapped packs that then get physically driven to my door... for $3. And can not be photocopied on pain of death. I buy ours, of course, but every time I sit there on a thursday evening, printing off the USDF scoresheets as needed on the fly as entries come in, and compare that with the USEA way, it just rams it home how slow-moving, bureaucratic, inefficient and penny-pinching to members the USEA is by comparison.

    USEA - Move With The Times, Get a grip. Grow some common sense, for crying out loud.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun. 1, 2007
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Drats... We're having an unofficial schooling ride-a-test.... Maybe I'll just draw boxes out to the side...

    of course everyone wants to ride USEA tests instead of USDF tests to get practice in before AECs....
    argh...



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2008
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    I ended up finding a test from a few months ago. I made a copy and used white out on the scores and comments. Made another copy of that and came out with an ugly, but useable score sheet for a casual ride-a-test clinic we were having today (which got rained out!).

    Wish they made them available on line, even for a nominal fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by alicen View Post
    We have no intentions of tarring and feathering anyone: this is now a thread about dipping Ryan Reynolds in chocolate.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul. 16, 2003
    Location
    Guthrie, OK
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I ended up finding a test from a few months ago. I made a copy and used white out on the scores and comments. Made another copy of that and came out with an ugly, but useable score sheet for a casual ride-a-test clinic we were having today (which got rained out!).

    Wish they made them available on line, even for a nominal fee.
    DITTO both parts.

    If I go to a local DRESSAGE schooling show and ride a "test of choice" and choose a USEA test, they do not have any of the USEA tests. For several obvious reasons (one being the DQ's don't know what USEA is!!). I am not about to order a whole pack of tests to have only 1 that I may only use 1 or 2 times. So I have done the same thing: taken an old test, copied it, whited out (is that a word?) the comments and such, and re-copied it. Pretty? No. Functional for a schooling show? Yes.

    Another time when I rode a USEA test for the first time, meaning I didn't have a previous one, I just typed it in Word in the same format as a score sheet (well, pretty close) and printed it. Took a bit longer but again, was a heck of a lot easier than ordering a pack when I only needed 1. And when I had entered at the last minute and wouldn't have time to get any from USEA anyway.

    So yes, USEA really really needs to get with the 21st century!! (As has been discussed regarding XEntry vs EventEntries) It ain't rocket science folks!! And it would be less work for the already overworked short staffed office.

    Just my 2 cents.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct. 24, 2001
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeghanDACVA View Post
    DITTO both parts.

    If I go to a local DRESSAGE schooling show and ride a "test of choice" and choose a USEA test, they do not have any of the USEA tests. For several obvious reasons (one being the DQ's don't know what USEA is!!). I am not about to order a whole pack of tests to have only 1 that I may only use 1 or 2 times. So I have done the same thing: taken an old test, copied it, whited out (is that a word?) the comments and such, and re-copied it. Pretty? No. Functional for a schooling show? Yes.
    Huh, well that explains the odd looking score sheet I got for my BN test at the dressage show yesterday! It was a printout of the test movements, with two lines drawn down the margin, with score and comments squeezed in (Also appreciated the judge's comment after our mediocre test: "She must be a fun jumper!" )



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jun. 8, 2012, 12:21 AM
  2. Dutch linear score sheets
    By Forte in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar. 31, 2011, 09:52 PM
  3. Need USEA 2010 Beg Nov A judges sheets
    By baldfaceboyz in forum Eventing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Mar. 19, 2010, 01:26 PM
  4. Help! T3D upcoming, need score sheets
    By rivenoak in forum Eventing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Jul. 18, 2008, 09:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness