The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FTGH: 5y/o OTTB mare Great Bloodlines; MI

I am looking to find a loving home for my mare. 5 y/o chesnut TB, ran 3 races as a 3y/o and retired sound. I evented her in her 4y/o year at Beginner Novice, placing well at all her events. Super brave. She unfortunately had colic surgery (impaction, no resection needed) in September 2011 and has not been quite right for riding since.. To the point where she can be dangerous with bucking and rearing so I am NOT marketing her for a riding horse. I have sunk thousands of dollars in vet bills trying to figure out why she is so not happy being ridden and I can't afford to do so anymore. I just need to find her a safe loving home where someone might need/want a pasture buddy or for breeding. She is very sweet and loving, always leaves the herd to come up to me when I walk in the pasture, which of course makes this even harder! Super ground manners, stands for vet, farrier, and trailers like a champ.

She has not coliced since her surgery and she had an uncomplicated surgery and recovery. She does crib but is controlled with a collar.

Bloodlines:http://mobile.equineline.com/View.cf...65&rg=T&p=4900

FWIW, it may be that something in her neck/spine/SI got injured during the colic surgery or coming out of the anesthesia. Were spinal xrays part of your workup?