The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 97 of 224 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Funny thing about utility companies (speculating) - if you move to a new property but have a bunch of unpaid electric/gas/water bills outstanding to the same companies at your foreclosed and vacated address, said utility companies are not generally jumping at the chance to provide new service.
    That and I was told that there have never been any utilities out there (water, electric, sewer) which goes with what Runwayz just said above. I worry about the horses greatly.

I know there was speculation about that they were buying a certain piece of property where water needed to be trucked in.

They ended up buying a DIFFERENT piece of property (also not improved), but I do not know the utility set up at that site.

THIS is the property they purchased:

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    This is the parcel number and aerial view of the property. Just a giant pasture, so there is no actual address yet.

http://www.apal.co/RV/3956/1831
    I confirmed it with the MARIN County recorder (take note, she moved counties).

My GUESS is that if there is water - it is a well. This is not the type of property where you would commonly see muncipal water.
    Last edited by Appsolute; Sep. 24, 2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post

I confirmed it with the Napa County recorder (take note, she moved counties).

My GUESS is that if there is water - it is a well. This is not the type of property where you would commonly see muncipal water.
    Looks like a big hunk of land with no barn, fence or home site. Exactly where do the people live? Pitching a tent?

Unless there is some kind of hole in the fabric of time and space, there is no way that property is in Napa County. It might be in Marin County (stress might), but I'm fairly sure it's still Sonoma. If it is Marin, it is just over the county line.

There are several areas of that part of SoCo that have to truck in water, due to lack of wells and/or contaminated ground water.

Otherwise, carry on.
    Phoenix Farm ~ Breeding-Training-Sales
    Eventing, Dressage, Young Horses
    www.phoenixsporthorses.com
    Check out my new blog: http://califcountrymom.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post

I confirmed it with the Napa County recorder (take note, she moved counties).

That isn't Napa. That is either Marin or Sonoma Co. Comes up as being in Marin.

Oh you are right! Marin! I am going back and fixing the post. NOT Sonoma county that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlotych View Post
    Looks like a big hunk of land with no barn, fence or home site. Exactly where do the people live? Pitching a tent?
    I did notice a large RV in some of the pics of the horses at the old property. I did not see it when we visited last year, but I was trying to leave as quickly as possible.

Judging by the aerial pics, it looks to be in Sonoma County, or on the border of Marin. Rohnert Park and Petaluma are close by, they are in Sonoma County.

The map says Marin in the IP Address.

Quote Originally Posted by equitruth View Post
    Hopefully its Marin County they tend to do more about animal welfare then Sonoma County.
    I used to do wildlife rehabilitation in Marin county and I know someone who is still at the Marin Humane Society. The MHS takes animal welfare VERY seriously. Dead foals lying around under a blanket? Dead chickens lying around in the bathtub? NOT TOLERATED in Marin (not tolerated anywhere but you will be publically flogged in Marin).

Are the horses currently ON the property in Marin? Are the dogs there, too?
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

So would the conditions at their previous farm be considered adequate reason for a "visit" from the Marin county animal welfare folks? Just to make sure things are all on the up-and-up?

I have to admit the idea of needing to truck in water seems like it would be asking for trouble with someone who can't even be bothered to remove dead animals from her property and living space.

This is a link to some photos of two of Gray Fox Farms, Jill Burnell's stallions; Romantic Star and Redwine. According to the person who took these photos they were taken a couple of months ago in July 2012. The photos were recently posted on HorseGroomingSupply BB.

To be clear; I did not take these photos. I do not know the poster Lissette10.

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...7-22-2012.html

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com...ml#post6842272

In addition, Lissette10 did give permission for someone to post the links here.

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Redwine looks IR.
    I completely agree.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Aside from needing a trim and a mane pull they couldn't look much better. I hope that puts that part of the discussion to rest so we can concentrate on the deceptive business practices instead.

Redwine's feet, in the closeup shots, have rings in two places, indicating, to me at least, past illnesses or stress or major change of diet.

Those pictures are from the now foreclosed on ranch. I wonder where the stallions are living now?

You would expect a stallion with a $1,700 stud fee to have his feet trimmed at least...

Oh well, they look healthy on a basic level, like the back yard horses down the street, out of work, and out of condition.

I think Redwine would qualify as obese.

The crest in this photo is alarming.

Not maintained in top notch condition like you would expect of a big name stallion.

I thought Redwine looked a little stout too! But maybe the camera is just adding some pounds.

What does "IR" stand for?