The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 91 of 224 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 4466
  1. #1801
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2003
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    1,055

    Default

    And didn't Redwine win ribbons in the first years at WEF? So he couldn't have totally sucked at 3'6". Maybe he's not a 4' horse, but to call him a 3' horse "at best" seems unfair. Humble opinion from an admitted bling-lover, though.



  2. #1802
    Join Date
    Feb. 11, 2005
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Can I ask a stupid question? I've been trying to keep up with this thread, and I am truly afraid I might have missed an important detail...but...
    Where is all the money Jill has been paid throughout the last year (or more) for stud fees? If she has already foreclosed on her house and is bouncing checks left and right, where is the money I assume she has received from mare owners? Is this a situation of her having mishandled her income, or is that merely scratching at the surface of a monumental financial issue that I fail to comprehend?

    Sorry to interrupt the current flow here, but I've been scratching my (blonde) head over this for a while now.



  3. #1803
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2000
    Location
    Goochland, VA
    Posts
    8,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    And didn't Redwine win ribbons in the first years at WEF? So he couldn't have totally sucked at 3'6". Maybe he's not a 4' horse, but to call him a 3' horse "at best" seems unfair. Humble opinion from an admitted bling-lover, though.
    He also has a good enough mind to have gone from 3' pre-green to first years in a matter of weeks, which is too fast but I believe they were trying to prove a point in a limited amount of time.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com



  4. #1804
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    21,068

    Default

    My guess is the money is in the bathtub with the chickens. Seriously, as someone who has cared for horses professionally for twenty years, it costs a fortune to do it right. It costs a small fortune to do it half assed enough to keep them alive. I doubt she is stuffing the mattress with cash.



  5. #1805
    Join Date
    Oct. 20, 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    2,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy-Pony View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question? I've been trying to keep up with this thread, and I am truly afraid I might have missed an important detail...but...
    Where is all the money Jill has been paid throughout the last year (or more) for stud fees? If she has already foreclosed on her house and is bouncing checks left and right, where is the money I assume she has received from mare owners? Is this a situation of her having mishandled her income, or is that merely scratching at the surface of a monumental financial issue that I fail to comprehend?

    Sorry to interrupt the current flow here, but I've been scratching my (blonde) head over this for a while now.


    She's buying new mares and new property.... Wouldn't be high on my list of priorities if I had outstanding debt and lots of mouths to feed but I don't suppose Jill Burnell consults with Suzie Ormond for the "Can I afford it" advice. (wouldn't that be an interesting segment if she did though)
    The rebel in the grey shirt



  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Jan. 15, 2008
    Location
    Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    Here is a link to a picture of my Redwine gelding, he's the one on the right, circuit grande champion ocala 2012

    http://entertainment.webshots.com/ph...00093741DGdiZA

    So now is he a proven sire
    Congrats....! This horse?
    http://www.usef.org/_IFrames/Searche...ultsReport.asp

    Redford? Hudspeth? the owner? So many Redfords!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."



    www.dontlookbackfarm.com



  7. #1807
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2012
    Location
    In a far far away place....
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Summit Springs, how old is your horse? Was he sired before Redwine went to GFF?



  8. #1808
    Join Date
    Nov. 5, 2000
    Posts
    10,367

    Default

    SS, congrats on Redford's success! It is nice to know Redwine does have at least one offspring out there competing successfully in the performance ring. He currently has close to 60 offspring listed with USEF, so it will be interesting to see how they fare as a group in performance.



  9. #1809
    Join Date
    Nov. 5, 2000
    Posts
    10,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by runwayz View Post
    Summit Springs, how old is your horse? Was he sired before Redwine went to GFF?
    It would appear that is the case. From USEF:
    REDFORD (5177288)
    Foal Date: 3/1/2005
    Breed: MECKLENBURG
    Color: Bay Sex: G
    Sire: REDWINE
    Dam: TAMEIBLUETE

    Mecklenburg is a small registry in the far NW part of Germany. I believe Redwine was standing at the state stud there (Redefin) when he was discovered by Linda Woltz for JB/GFF. Since Mecklenburg does not operate in the U.S., it is a sure bet Redford was bred in Germany, where he was registered under the name Re Match. Here is his pedigree on HorseTelex. http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/526791 .

    Edited to correct info regarding Redford fka Re Match.
    Last edited by DownYonder; Sep. 15, 2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: correction



  10. #1810
    Join Date
    Oct. 29, 1999
    Posts
    14,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    He currently has close to 60 offspring listed with USEF, so it will be interesting to see how they fare as a group in performance.
    Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Lots could be winning, or not. I am still shocked at how many people "lose" their horse's history, and Redwine's offspring may have further reason - to not get drawn into any problems.



  11. #1811
    Join Date
    Jun. 2, 2009
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    It would appear that is the case. From USEF:
    REDFORD (5177288)
    Foal Date: 3/1/2005
    Breed: MECKLENBURG
    Color: Bay Sex: G
    Sire: REDWINE
    Dam: TAMEIBLUETE

    Mecklenburg is a small registry in the far NW part of Germany. I believe Redwine was standing at the state stud there (Redefin) when he was discovered by Linda Woltz for JB/GFF. Since Mecklenburg does not operate in the U.S., it is a sure bet Redford was bred in Germany. He is not listed on HorseTelex, but apparently he has a full brother born in 2005 - http://www.horsetelex.com/horses/pedigree/526791 .
    Rematch? Redford? Same horse maybe with a name-change? Nice looking boy anyway and congrats to Summit Springs Farm



  12. #1812
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2000
    Location
    Goochland, VA
    Posts
    8,577

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. Lots could be winning, or not. I am still shocked at how many people "lose" their horse's history, and Redwine's offspring may have further reason - to not get drawn into any problems.
    Why would anyone do that if they bred or bought horses sired by Redwine that are free and clear? Those horses are not going to be encumbered by Jill's pproblems, if they can do their jobs.

    More concerning is that they get the CHANCE to make it as hunters. We see too many people buy that cute foal, then not know what to do with them at riding age. And unable or unwilling to have someone do it for them.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com



  13. #1813
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2005
    Location
    Some where in the middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    First Jill Burnell of Gray Fox Farm's suspected and proven unethical , and illegal business practices should not have to be carried by her stallions other then peoples (rightly so) unwillingness to use them while they are still belonging to or being represented by she.

    Those stallions(Redwine and Aloha) will have enough burden/weight to carry proving that they are more then feed and lead stallions in the years to come. One horse getting a circuit championship (congrats to his owners) does not make him PROVEN, Redwine and his offspring are going to have to survive his owners indiscretion and a the performance ring. Time will sort at least that half of the mess out. We know Romantic Star can perform and his offspring.. he just needs a new owner.

    There are a few other Rotspon offspring doing fairly well in the hunters; Rapunzel comes to mind right off . Conversely as far as I'm concerned all that tells me is if I like the type SKIP Redwine all together and breed to Rotspon a proven sire with NO EVA/Jill B. issues. Although more widely accepted as a dressage horse sire he did score fairly well in jumping placing 7th out of 38 at his stallion test for jumping, 1st in dressage and 1st overall. His damn sire is Argentan of course sire of Argentinus so there is the blood to have some jump.
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/article/...airytale-devon.

    BTW The Summit Springs Horse is http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/rematch.htm
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"



  14. #1814
    Join Date
    Nov. 5, 2000
    Posts
    10,367

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverbarley View Post
    Rematch? Redford? Same horse maybe with a name-change? Nice looking boy anyway and congrats to Summit Springs Farm
    You are right, I was posting too fast and overlooked the fact that Redford and Re Match had the same YOB.

    I corrected my earlier post to clarify that Redford and Re Match are the same horse.



  15. #1815
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Yes rematch is Redford and he was born in Germany and we imported him two years ago this November.
    When we were looking at him, we really did not even consider his breeding, in fact I think we bought him before I clued into the fact he was by JB's Redwine. I probably didn't even know the stallion was standing in the US and owned by JB.

    We bought him on his merits since he was to be and is my adult hunter. We love him. Thank you for the kind words.
    Also I asked JB to take down the pictures and I never heard back from her, but I have the website designed name to contact.



  16. #1816
    Join Date
    Mar. 11, 2012
    Location
    In a far far away place....
    Posts
    746

    Default

    What division is ReMatch shown in? The adult hunters? And I believe Jill was going through the Redwine partnership battle in 08, if I am correct.



  17. #1817
    Join Date
    Apr. 25, 2006
    Location
    out west
    Posts
    3,472

    Default

    Sounds like if everyone who has mares and foals on the gray fox website that shouldn't be on there, if they were removed she would have a much smaller website.

    I find it hard to believe that every mare she has on her website and every mare that she mentions she actually owns or leases legitimately.

    Problem with the internet is you can say pretty much anything until you get caught!

    (funny commercial with women who believed everything on the Internet and has a date with a "French model" that looks like lurch with a fanny pack comes to mind)



  18. #1818
    Join Date
    Jul. 27, 2005
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    3,250

    Default

    Could the people with "stolen" pictures/Copy right infringements be included in the group of potential victims? Might help in putting together the class action suit. Just a thought.
    Last edited by alliekat; Sep. 15, 2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: spelling
    Worth A Shot Farm
    Finding the horse of your dreams, is always Worth A Shot!
    Visit our Website
    Join us on Facebook
    Watch us on Youtube



  19. #1819
    Join Date
    Aug. 22, 2012
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    when he was discovered by Linda Woltz for JB/GFF.
    Oh the things you have time to look for when laid up with a sprained ankle.

    Looks like it is actually Linda Mendenhall that discovered him, but I also recall JB saying on this board he was bought in an auction, so I am not sure what is correct.

    http://wbstallions.net/hof-mendenhall/outsidesales.html



  20. #1820

    Default

    I followed that link -- Jill bought most of the horses on that list, other than the gelding on the bottom (which makes sense, she wouldn't buy a gelding).



Similar Threads

  1. Jill Burnell Gray Fox Farms - FACTS THREAD
    By ldaziens in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 275
    Last Post: Jan. 5, 2015, 01:54 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
  3. Marketing/Business Plans for the Equine related business?
    By two sticks in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun. 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
  5. They bred Jill??????????
    By equinedriver in forum Eventing
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Aug. 24, 2011, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness