The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 84 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,680 of 4466

I do hope potential buyers of in utero foals or youngsters understand that it's not just the health and condition of the foal or youngster when you buy them it's the nutrition the MARE received during the pregnancy. This affects not only what the outside of the youngster looks like but definitely affects the inside of that youngster for the rest of their life.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    I should have been more clear about that site. The regular ads are still there, but the homepage ads that she's had for a very long time are no longer running there.
    Gotcha. I had no idea as I don't check that site regularly.

If she was smart, she'd sell her stallions now for a good amount of money, and get out. Stallions rep would be saved, and she wouldn't be walking the walk of shame any more.

It's too late now to stem this tide of condemnation, that by now obviously has spread like wildfire in the h/j community.

But I am sure she will keep marching on. Pretty hard to downplay something like this, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    If she was smart, she'd sell her stallions now for a good amount of money, and get out. Stallions rep would be saved, and she wouldn't be walking the walk of shame any more.

It's too late now to stem this tide of condemnation, that by now obviously has spread like wildfire in the h/j community.

But I am sure she will keep marching on. Pretty hard to downplay something like this, though.
    If she were smart she wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. Crime doesn't pay in the long run but that doesn't stop the stupid criminals from trying it anyway. Hopefully there is a cold jail cell in her future. Go ahead, run that stop sign....

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    When she talked to her trainer about it, he told her to breed to "that Redwine stallion" so she would get a "black, blingy foal".
    By all means, don't breed for jumping ability.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Copy from the Romantic Star ad: He has fantastic conformation, a sterling temperment and a stunning jump. He's currently showing on the east coast in the hunters. He's approved Hanoverian, GOV, Rpsi and Oldenburg NA. He is IHF nominated and in the Hanoverian Jumper program.

I assume the bolded is a lie. Does anyone know for sure? I can't imagine anybody taking one of her horses on after she screwed the biggest names in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    Wouldn't buy direct from Jill, regardless, but you can bet I wouldn't buy any horse produced from that mess unless I knew for sure it was who it was supposed to be!
    Interesting that you mention this, because a friend at the barn was telling me last week about a young Redwine mare for sale by owner, who's show record is completely mistated on the ads. They say in a couple of ads that the mare won a big hunter breeding championship, but actually it didn't. USEF results prove that another horse won it instead.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Our FIRST clue should have been that Jill constantly spells temperament incorrectly.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

I just have to ask not to lump everyone on Facebook who happen to be "friends" with others apparently not trusted together. That's not fair, especially when some of us have given our activities in order to focus on young children.

As for the previously mentioned mare? I've wanted her AS A RIDING HORSE (arena determined by her, and her alone) for a number of years. Again, lumping all who may, or may not have "contact" and are interested in that mare is not fair.

The fact remains I would not breed to GFF stallions, and I would be extremely reticent to buy an animal with GFF stallion bloodlines because I simply would not know what I was actually receiving. Among other things. Too bad since at least two stallions are (could be) rather nice, but the risk is simply not worth it (nor is the hit to the pocketbook...which is firmly locked up until a much later date in the future).
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Kenike,,,are you referring to Emerald Kitty or the other mare in California?. If you are referring to Emerald Kitty, we put her back under saddle, correctly this time, today. She was impressive.
    My problem with those that have contacted me about this mare,,,other then Stacey and Jill,,,no one else has given me their real name or a phone number.When I try to find out who they are, they are all friends with Jill and or Stacey or using an internet handle. Tough to take people seriously, when they say they want a horse in your barn and they provide no contact information or names or references. Seriously, I don't want to have to hunt down information on someone that says they want to do business.
    Everybody has photos of this mare on their sites and refer to this particular mare as theirs. She is staying right here. She may be available for custom foals out of her, if she proves to be fertile. For now, I am going to enjoy the heck out of riding her and working with her all fall and winter and see where next spring finds us.... working cattle or jumping?

What's amazing is if you look up foals for sale by bloodline on that site, over 20 Redwine foals come up.

I think that is a flooded market!!!!

The nutrition thing is something to worry about if anyone bought these foals in utero or weaned. You may not see the effects right away but wouldn't bone and cartilage growth be compromised?

I have heard many hunter trainers have negative comments about hunter breeding and it just being a beauty pageant.

It may be for beauty, but I would hope no one would only breed for that.

So just FYI I decided to start my own forum.* It is for horse owners and breeders who choose to make up their own minds regarding GFF and their stallions.* Stick to facts and frown upon fairytales that grow beyond the truth and are fueled by haters and other small time breeders who see this as a way of upping their sales.
    Though many of you claim to not want to bash Redwine or any other GFF stallion that is what you are doing.**Your filly only got her jump from Pablo, right*Diane? And folks like Laurie, Annie and Diane seem to be trying really hard to ensure that no foal from a GFF stallion will be of any value in the future. *God forbid something happens and you need to sell one of your fillies. Why not attatch a dreaded label to it, right Diane?Laurie is safe right?* Let's write down that date,,oh yes only foals born AFTER 4/5/11 will be subject to the witchhunt.* And screw the fact that some of these offspring will exist because the owners had contracts with Jill that they wanted filled.* They do not have the luxury that Diane, Kathy and others may have to just write it off and take a monetary loss.
    So in my forum I will then I will*encourage those who don't like the politics of this group to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread and the small time breeders who keep fueling this beyond what it should be.* For as it was said long ago there is more than just a touch of jealousy that is keeping this thread from staying fact based.
    I am truly sickened by some of the comments I have heard from people I have been told were "upstanding" citizens in the breeding world.* If you think what Jill has or has not done is bad turn your mirror around and look at yourself.* Those of you who can say you have not lied or exaggerated, good for you.* For the rest you should be ashamed.

Whoa, I just figured out who Roy Parker is!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Hah, do tell! (PM me?)

(This is way up on my list of bizarre internet discussions...)
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I'm rather curious too..

I just happened to see the FB post which has since been deleted.

Do tell!

Although I am pretty sure I have figured it out also.

Roy, being generous I would guess 50% of those people with contracts they want to fulfill will end up being out their money anyway. If they walk away now they don't risk infected mares or spend collection and shipping fees. Sort of like Russian roulette with a half full gun. Pretty steep odds as I see it.

Copy from the Romantic Star ad: He has fantastic conformation, a sterling temperment and a stunning jump. He's currently showing on the east coast in the hunters. He's approved Hanoverian, GOV, Rpsi and Oldenburg NA. He is IHF nominated and in the Hanoverian Jumper program.

I assume the bolded is a lie. Does anyone know for sure? I can't imagine anybody taking one of her horses on after she screwed the biggest names in the industry.
    Does he show under a different name? It looks like he's only been to one rated show, in 2009, but the database doesn't account for a horse shown under multiple names. But the one showing in 2009 is certainly him.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    So in my forum I will *encourage those who don't like the politics of this group to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread and the small time breeders who keep fueling this beyond what it should be.*
    The problem with your idea of encouraging others to boycott the stallion owners posting on this thread is that someone will surely ask one of them "I read that you're being boycotted. Why is that ?" and then the stallion owner will need to explain all about GFF, and then of course THIS thread will have to come up,
    and then you'd have to explain to those people who read your forum about boycotting certain stallion owners why you wanted to do that, when they aren't the problem at all.

See...it would go around in just one big circle, and that won't help you. You'll just end up where you started.
    -Amor vincit omnia-