The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 224 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

The last time I saw a house this bad was after I evicted 3 drug dealers. We actually went up to the barn, grabbed the stall cleaning tools and muck bukets and mucked out the house. 3 trailer loads of inconceivable filth.

Compulsive messiness is on the same spectrum as compulsive cleanliness - both are forms of OCD. Or so they said in my 1973 abnormal psych class - not a new diagnosis or disorder. As a California MD - no this will not get you commited. It does rise to the level of elder abuse especially if there was any financial abuse going on. Unfortunately the DAs are not very agressive about prosecuting these matters. Just like they weren't very agressive about domestic violence in the past.

Anyone know what's happened to Romantic Star? Nice horse and a good producer.
    Cindy Bergmann
    Canterbury Court
    559-903-4814
    www.canterbury-court.com

For those that still think the photos are fake or not of Jill Burnell's house , here are a few close up shots from the photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jill.jpg 
Views:	857 
Size:	140.3 KB 
ID:	36445   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jill1.jpg 
Views:	653 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	36446  
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    IIRC, Old NA/ISR does not require DNA on foals resulting from fresh semen breedings. I cannot imagine why. Perhaps they should look into a policy change?
    But don't they require blood typing? Thought I heard that somewhere.
    Fan of the Swedish Chef

Quote Originally Posted by gibson06 View Post
    This is truly disturbing. I have conducted business with JB for almost three years and have had no troubles until the last few months. I have read negative posts but never knew if the "truth" was being told. It is very hard in this business to separate fact from fiction. We all know now that it is fact. My heart is breaking for all of these poor horses and the family members. I never visited her farm...just saw pictures and videos of youngsters which all looked as if they were taken very good care of. I guess I need to be thankful for the lovely offspring I own that were produced by her stallions especially Arbor Day. I am owed a decent sum of money by JB and for the past few months have not been able to get the problem resolved...and it obviously isnt looking to good now...
    I suspect this was posted (earlier in this thread) from the Gibsons. It always interested me that she seemed to burn all bridges eventually. It's a very trickle-down game that she plays. For some, she couldn't be nicer to or she has seemed to have ongoing partnerships, but eventually they fall victim to her ways. I had never heard a bad word spoken about Jill when I sent my mare to her, and I only wish that a thread like this existed at the time to shed some transparency onto how she conducts herself. She can't seem to keep a good relationship with anyone for any amount of time. All is well and good until she starts owing money it seems.

And trust me, that's absolutely her house. Minus a few thousand bike parts and some Volvos strewn about.

Daventry- Great catch on spotting the reg papers.

JB needs help serious help.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    Thank you Yvonne!

For others...Rodawn in particular...

There are OCD disorders and other severe impulsive disorders! Agreed. MD here

But this is someone who has been very ORGANISED in building what I view as a giant Ponzi scheme...and continues to confabulate all over the Internet. This is not a mental illness of the TYPE that leads to dysfunction...this is close to a sociopathic disorder....the brilliant web page looking like Middleburg VA when really a tiny plot in CA...the marketing blitz...the homey email blogs....not suggesting not a real disorder, but of the malignant kind .....and she has proved quite capable of torpedoing anyone who has crossed her!
    Creepy.

Sometimes hoarders are mentally ill. Sometimes they are sociopaths.

I have no sympathy for sociopaths who neglect or abuse animals or people in their charge.

I think everyone needs to step back and re-think what you are posting! You are replying to one "accusation" from a sister-in-law and crucifying Jill off the post. I've been to GFF 6 times in the last 5 months ( see attached photos ) and have seen zero evidence of any abuse or mistreatment of any Horse. The Stallions are gorgeous and well cared for, there hasn't been any evidence of overcrowding and the horses have always approached Jill without any hesitation. You're messing with someone's lively hood by jumping on the bandwagon and I would be very careful about posting defamatory statements without any basis for doing so. I can't vouch for the inside of the house as I never went in but to be honest, it isn't anyone's business but Jill's! Three times when I was there, the parents drove away on their own, if they were being abused I would bet they could have jumped in their car and left. In regards to Animal Control coming, does anyone have any reports or code infractions to validate the accusations? Post them! If anyone would like, PM me with your number and I will call you with my observations! I've been there, the pictures show the conditions of the horses and the pastures so if you haven't been there yourself, maybe it's best you keep your comments to yourself!

http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ28

[QUOTE=DeucesWild11;6507523]I reported her page to FB - as a scam. I also informed FB that she has an outstanding warrant (doesn't she?) MAYBE they will do something for it..

So you informed Fb that she has an oustanding warrant, and then ask if she does? I would delete that post! You might regret it!

House guest? Drunk or otherwise?

I'm not deleting that post. Because I know she does. I looked it up.
    Don't believe me? Here it is:
    http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/userfi...MyHorsePRO.pdf

Whoops, that one is no longer current-
    But alas, this one is!
    http://www.washcova.com/government/c...ctive-warrants
    Last edited by DeucesWild11; Aug. 20, 2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Links

So how long until roy Parker Shows up?

I've got extra margaritas. Who wants one?
    Last edited by DeucesWild11; Aug. 20, 2012 at 01:31 PM.

Surely you're not suggesting that someone with one post, count 'em, 1, and no profile, who is defending Jill on this hot topic - is an alter!!! How can you be so jaded?

Btw, who is Roy Parker, and why are you expecting him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartier View Post

Btw, who is Roy Parker, and why are you expecting him?
    Roy Parker is a big JB supporter. - I know he participated in at least one of the bigger JB threads.

By the way, your horses are ABSOLUTELY stunning.my mare is a daughter of Kodachrome, and a granddaughter of Art Deco. Colored warmbloods have a special place in my heart
    Last edited by DeucesWild11; Aug. 20, 2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Checked your website out

Quote Originally Posted by DeucesWild11 View Post
    Roy Parker is a big JB supporter. - I know he participated in at least one of the bigger JB threads.

By the way, your horses are ABSOLUTELY stunning.my mare is a daughter of Kodachrome, and a granddaughter of Art Deco. Colored warmbloods have a special place in my heart
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinadreamin' View Post
    I wonder what her supporters will have to say about this.
    I have no problem with people feeling sorry for her.............but she's way down the list.

People should first feel sorry for her parents. Then for OP for having to step in and take care of them. Then for her animals.

But buying from someone who does not take care of her animals, for whatever reason, is enabling her. And prolonging the treatment of her animals.

I only buy, don't breed, but I don't buy from people who do not take care of their animals, whether dogs or cats or horses. Now rescuing animals is a different matter.

Maybe someone should put a cross-post on the H/J forum. Sadly, as long as h/j breeding judges keep putting the Redwine foals up at breeding shows, and people keeping falling all over themselves to buy them, and breeding trainers/handlers keep referring clients to GFF, the madness will continue.

And I would not be surprised to learn that Eagle74 is JB herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Fish View Post
    But don't they require blood typing? Thought I heard that somewhere.
    ISR/ONA does not require any kind of parentage verification for foals presented at the dam's side.

Aloha and Redwine are both black with chrome.

Aloha, Redwine and Romantic Star are still on the ISR/ONA stallion roster. She only provides breeding certs for that registry and will not support any registry that does parentage verification.

Draw your own conclusions.

Arthur and I were trying to remember the name of the couple who used to own Romantic Star... maybe Gerd and Sarah Something... had a lovely farm in VA... he was their shining star (back in about 2001). They took impeccable care of him. We were surprised when we heard they had sold him (it would be like Arno selling Traum). They must be sick about all of this.

DISCLAIMER - these are my opinions & feelings only. I am not an expert in anything. People need to do their own research & make their own decisions.
    This is like awful deja vu. About 3 months ago when I ended up on the CotH forums - probably over some horse health issue as it's always a legitimate concern that leads me into this labrynth... Anyway, 3 months ago I ended up opening rappazzini09's "stolen filly...i need help" thread and was completely vicariously sucked into that ordeal -- couldn't sleep I was so appalled. I regaled my husband with the entire blow by blow on that one - he was able to sleep.

So, tonight I stop back by and make the mistake of perusing the "newest posts", & it's the same JB. What an awful, awful mess!

My prayers & kudos are to the SIL, because I am sure that she and her husband had their own life and challenges prior to suddenly having to take in his parents and delve into the JB mess, and it sounds like the parents' life savings (and probably any fixed income they might have had) went into the foreclosed property. The SiL and brother deserve major credit for taking the time to reach out to try to stop further damage -- they are really going above and beyond during what has to be an unbelievably difficult time.

My one recommendation (based on absolutely zero expertise) would be for them to consult with an attorney -- especially with regards to the parents. I would hate to see the parents somehow linked into JB's business doings on paper somewhere and end up in any way liable for her messes - financial or otherwise. From what I have read, my opinion is that JB is incredibly manipulative, and somebody needs to make sure that there aren't credit cards / loans / etc. taken out in the parents' names. My grandfather once cosigned a credit card for an aunt for a card w/ a $250 limit, and unbeknownst to him, the credit card company kept raising the credit limit until they came after him for the $5,000 she couldn't pay. So, pulling the parents' credit reports monthly for a while and requesting a fraud lock from the 3 credit agencies would be a god idea. Making sure that JB doesn't have any kind of Power of Attorney to act on behalf of the parents. Those poor parents have been through the wringer, and I just think a legal consultation to make sure they are as protected from JB as possible is critical -- and, based on the pictures, the parents may have some grounds to pursue some kind of action against JB. There are lawyers that specialize in "elder" issues, and I know I had a professor who did a lot of pro-bono work for seniors. But a good lawyer would be money well spent, I think.

Anyway, prayers and jingles to the SiL, the brother, and the parents during this difficult time.

Lastly, I've been known to have some baby birds in a bathtub on occasion -- clean and ALIVE, and I was using it as my "sick ward" or as the baby waterfowl indoor pool. But it was our extra bathtub, and it was cleaned and sanitized. The dead birds and random trash in the tub were super disturbing, so I couldn't really keep looking. I'm damn sure motivated to clear out some clutter though -- YIKES!!!
    Last edited by ldaziens; Aug. 24, 2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Disclaimer