The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 64 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    I am the breeder of "Grand Affair" and her sire Grande Saber. She and her full sisters Grande Desire Grande Divina were all registered and inspected with the ISR/OLD and ALL were branded & premium foals. To the best of my knowledge; JB & GFF do not have posession of her foal papers. I would never re-issue a breeding certificate in this instance since I registered Grand Affair originally!

After 30yrs in WB breeding... I find it necessary from time to time to set the record straight regarding horses I bred/owned for those claiming casually "my" in reference to a horse. Breeders are,in some registries, are allowed info about horses they bred including current owner Sometimes one implies or claims one is "owner" or. "breeder" of horses without clear title or rights. Just sayin' this in general.

Pace... I very relieved to hear Rioja is on the mend. Good Luck with him; you made a wise investment ..he hails from some of the finest horses I had the pleasure of breeding/owning.

If you want addtional info from the Source. I bred Grande Saber X Grundstein out of my good mare Can't Act. He was never sold. I traded a WB daughter of THE Roemer KWPN for the TB mare, Grand Affair's dam, to produce this test foal for Saber. As the breeder who birthed the mare Grand Affair and I care about her deeply. Just contact me Tellwynd@aol.com

FYI : Regarding MY photos. My photos used in GFF & JB sites are NOT used with permission. I gave permission for the year of 2010 to secure my breeding certificate for my Romantic Star colt. Jill had & has been using my copyright protected photos without my permission. She was served with notice and evidently .. Took no notice.

Joan Watt
    GA is one of the mares I worry the most about. Sadly it is clear that JB knows what a gold mine she has in her .. I just hope she treats her accordingly. Though I strongly doubt that ..there were some photos that have seemed to have disappeared that were of GA and this foal where she was looking terribly ribby and rough.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

[QUOTE=dianehalpin;6520626]My filly, the one that I had so much trouble getting GOV papers on - the trouble being Jill and not at all GOV where great effort on that registry's part did help me get papers, came to me after weaning with a huge distended belly and very small. She's fine now and healthy but still very small, which is why I posted her current height.

FACT: Rioja arrived the same as your filly. Huge distended belly and in my case under weight (Ribs showing). I contributed his weight to a extraordnary long trip to me across the country. Yet when after 2 months he failed to gain weight or to thrive I had my vet pull blood and do a fecal count. Blood report came back with low muscle emzymes and he was riddled with round worms (thus why his muscle was so poor) ... my vet was stunned at how high the count was. "No wonder" she said you have been unable to make him thrive. Depsite that I had wormed him regularly it was not enough to even touch his fecal count. The fecal count came 2 weeks after his last worming. We ended up having to agressivley worm him with rotations of wormers targeting round worms. I would say it was not until the last 2 months that he has put on appropriate weight and muscle.

In Jills defense and in trying to be factual. Jill did tell me to double dose him with safe guard once he got to me (which I did). I called her to let her know about his condition and his fecal count. She was surprised but commented that she too has some of the foals that fit his discription. When I told her that Strongid seemed to be more effective than Safe guard .. she thanked me for the info and said she was going to try that on her few foals that seemed to be having the same issues.

I do think in some ways Jill tried (tries) to do the right thing. She clearly .... and I think we all can agree .... knows how to breed lovely horses. My sense ... things spun and are spinning out of control. Too many horses, too many stallions, too many clients, bad judgement etc. plus whatever personal issues she may have has lead her down a path of self distruction. Again .. I am sad for the whole situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    I am the breeder of "Grand Affair" and her sire Grande Saber. She and her full sisters Grande Desire Grande Divina were all registered and inspected with the ISR/OLD and ALL were branded & premium foals. To the best of my knowledge; JB & GFF do not have posession of her foal papers. I would never re-issue a breeding certificate in this instance since I registered Grand Affair originally!

After 30yrs in WB breeding... I find it necessary from time to time to set the record straight regarding horses I bred/owned for those claiming casually "my" in reference to a horse. Breeders are,in some registries, are allowed info about horses they bred including current owner Sometimes one implies or claims one is "owner" or. "breeder" of horses without clear title or rights. Just sayin' this in general.

Pace... I very relieved to hear Rioja is on the mend. Good Luck with him; you made a wise investment ..he hails from some of the finest horses I had the pleasure of breeding/owning.

If you want addtional info from the Source. I bred Grande Saber X Grundstein out of my good mare Can't Act. He was never sold. I traded a WB daughter of THE Roemer KWPN for the TB mare, Grand Affair's dam, to produce this test foal for Saber. As the breeder who birthed the mare Grand Affair and I care about her deeply. Just contact me Tellwynd@aol.com

FYI : Regarding MY photos. My photos used in GFF & JB sites are NOT used with permission. I gave permission for the year of 2010 to secure my breeding certificate for my Romantic Star colt. Jill had & has been using my copyright protected photos without my permission. She was served with notice and evidently .. Took no notice.

Joan Watt
    Oh Joan ... how lovely to be in touch! Grand Affair is a legend ... the most lovely mare!! I am honored to have one of her babies and was so excited when I contracted her for her 2011 foal. I bought her 2011 foal before he was even concieved . I will email you about his history as I think it will interest you. I am trying to be cautious in my airing of information regarding my dealings with JB. In fairness to both her and my foal. Facts are what is important and I do not want my facts to be muddled with assumption or speculation. I will also send you some more pictures of him. Thank you for posting. By the way ... I hope you have seen her filly of this year ... absolutely beautiful!

If a weanling has that much of a worm load then the mares are infested too. She is not following proper deworming protocal, plus roundworms thrive in the ground and grass.
    She has no grass! Which means they are getting it form eating each others stool.
    Roundworm infestation can cause young horses to look unthrifty with poor hair coats and/or slow growth and gain or show upper respiratory symptoms such as nasal discharge and coughing as larvae migrate throughout the lungs and trachea. In turn swallowing the larvae and re-infesting themselves.

In all my life of having horses I have never had a worm issue with them or with my babies.

Quote Originally Posted by KT Farms View Post
    If a weanling has that much of a worm load then the mares are infested too. She is not following proper deworming protocal, plus roundworms thrive in the ground and grass.
    She has no grass! Which means they are getting it form eating each others stool.
    Roundworm infestation can cause young horses to look unthrifty with poor hair coats and/or slow growth and gain or show upper respiratory symptoms such as nasal discharge and coughing as larvae migrate throughout the lungs and trachea. In turn swallowing the larvae and re-infesting themselves.

In all my life of having horses I have never had a worm issue with them or with my babies.
    FACT: Rioja was fecal count tested 2 weeks after having been wormed with safeguard. Had been double dosed upon arrival to me and had one rotation of quest in between.

Clincally insignificant is 250 eggs per gram and under ...

Riojas fecal count even after the above rotation was
    500 eggs per gram.

VICTOOOORRRYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! I just finished reading this entire thread. It's taken me a week of off-and-on reading.

As a side note, this thread is definitely doing its duty in informing the public. Last weekend I was secretarying a large dressage show and I have to say that, "Have you seen the thread on the COTH forum about JB" was a hot topic.

So people are certainly hearing about it!

From the Canadian law enforcement person in response to the person questioning his credibility

"the advice given by the Alberta poster may be correct in her area. RCMP are the federal police but they also do provincial and municipal contract policing in many small communities. In Ontario the Ontario Provincial Police police the province and also contract police to many small communities.

Large cities and even small towns have their own forces. All of them investigate frauds. They may pass a file to the RCMP in the case of international frauds. They may not. When I say frauds, I mean those perpetrated on individuals or companies.

Fraudulent certificates on the other hand would be a fraud perpetrated on the federal government and would likely be handled by the RCMP, or the CBSA (border) or CFIA (health) or jointly. I did not deal with a CFIA vet on my own pickup, only a regular CBSA officer.

If the Alberta poster would like to contact me by email, please forward it and I will reassure her/him on my authenticity.

I have in my career, had my property damaged, found a stranger at my front yard chatting up my children and when I approached state "cute kids you got, Officer" before walking away. And, I don't want people using my horses for target practice."

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    As a side note, this thread is definitely doing its duty in informing the public. Last weekend I was secretarying a large dressage show and I have to say that, "Have you seen the thread on the COTH forum about JB" was a hot topic.

Yep, same here. I've gotten quite a few texts/emails/FB comments along the "Have you read the latest Jill Burnell / Redwine / Gray Fox Farm thread on COTH?" lines.

So word is most certainly getting around.
    Standing Nasiriya - 17h JC registered stallion
    http://www.DonovanFarm.com
    Looking to buy or sell Horse Property? Contact me!
    www.TexasEquestrianProperties.com

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post

Same here at our Canadian hunter/jumper show at a big show stable just behind Spruce Meadows this weekend.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Effects: Most damage occurs as roundworms migrate through the body. They cause coughing, pneumonia, liver damage, diarrhea, and colic. Large numbers of adult roundworms can cause intestinal blockage or rupture. Other signs include unthriftiness, pot belly, rough hair coat, and slow growth.

Many times the horse will never recover, ulcers, colic, constant problems.

I think I recall reading somewhere that before JB became a stallion owner, there were multiple outside stallion owners that she never paid for breedings. Can anyone confirm? Just wondering how many babies may have been produced with "stolen" semen.

Pace thank you for taking good care of the Saber legacy baby!!! I am horrified to discover how he arrived to you home.

While Jill has bred some good foals ....Not so fast with the credit for the GFF sires to Grande Saber mares..

Grand Affair was first bred to Redwine by Jill Johnson of Hunter's Peak. She is the breeder of 2010 colt named Rainboots JB replicated the breeding to produce two more full siblings out of GA .

With ALL due respect, the reason Grand Affair has a place in HB history is solely due to Jill Johnson. Jill found her before she was three months old and bought her. Grand Affair was my test "Hunter baby" for Grande Saber. Jill managed both her HB career and her life as one of the most celebrated Broodmares in the Country.

I bred Grande Divina to Aloha. and despite the GFF site claiming to be breeder of Accessorized..... I bred both Grande Divina and her 2010 filly Accessorized.

I asked JB to clearly publish me as breeder for Grand Affair, her full sis Grande Divina and her 2010 filly Accessorized

FACT - That's two babies GFF claimed to breed when they clearly didn't . ...which is FRAUD.
    Last edited by TWF; Aug. 27, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Default help with message box

I am COTH forums challenged. My PM box filled up this afternoon. I managed to delete a few, and moved a bunch to a private folder, but it is still saying it's 96% full, despite the fact when I open it it has about 30 messages, just related to this thread left in it.

Someone that knows more than me, please tell me how I free up more space in my PM box. If anyone PM'd me this afternoon and it got rejected, I apologize, and try again.

Mine is full too. I suggest for you to offer an email address so you are able to quickly move information to everyone and those outside of the COTHBB
    Last edited by TWF; Aug. 27, 2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Iphone dyslexia

Check your sent box. It may be full.

Quote Originally Posted by equinedriver View Post
    I am COTH forums challenged. My PM box filled up this afternoon. I managed to delete a few, and moved a bunch to a private folder, but it is still saying it's 96% full, despite the fact when I open it it has about 30 messages, just related to this thread left in it.

Someone that knows more than me, please tell me how I free up more space in my PM box. If anyone PM'd me this afternoon and it got rejected, I apologize, and try again.
    Click on your "sent" messages and delete messages in there. They tend to pile up in that box.

Spectrum, your post made me laugh. I've not posted but I've followed from the beginning, checking at least once a day to stay on top of the posts. I'm so glad I did! This is an extremely interesting and informative thread on many fronts.
    Proud member of the Colbert Dressage Nation

Okay, it was a struggle (LOL) but I found the sent messages and deleted them. I'm good now.

The GFF website says 3 foals were due on August 7:
    Redwine x Grand Affaire
    Redwine x Likide
    Redwine x Lucky Karma

Anyone know if these babies have arrived ? Two are spoken for as they were sold inutero.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    And just to confuse you further...I don't believe that any of Jill's stallions are approved Belgian Warmblood. I suspect that she went with the Belgian SPORTHORSE (sBs) registry. But, the two have reciprocity. Just trying to stick to the facts, Danno .
    But several of her stallions would be accepted through the BWP's outside stallion provision. I almost went down that route with a custom ET foal for someone. So glad that we wised up before we made that mistake.... Though honestly it was the BWPs slow response time that deterred me, well before I knew about the Jill Burnell fiasco!

As far as I know none of her stallions are approved with any of the Belgian registries, however they could be used within the registries if the breeder wants to pay the outside stallion fees.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

Do the Belgian registries require DNA testing?
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com