The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 60 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by KT Farms View Post
    I spoke with a friend who has seen Redwine and Aloha in person, she said that Aloha barely comes close to 16hh, he looks like a pony. And Redwine is also shorter than what she advertises them as.
    Curious to see where all the full grown offspring out there finish off in height.

Also know another girl in Montana that purchased a foal from JB, the foal arrived half dead, spent a month in the clinic and had a 10k vet bill!
    i have a 3 year old Redwine filly out of a 16-16.1hh mare. Currently, the filly is 16.2hh at the withers and little bit taller behind. Only thing pony about her as well is her tiny little head.

Im not trying to defend Redwine, or not defend him.....im just stating the facts of how big my filly is as you wanted information about how tall his offspring are....

that being said, i know of quite a few redwine babies that are barely 15 hh at 2+ years old and will most likely be under 15.3 full grown. It all depends....

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Just read the Karlin Eckberg / Tye Dye Equines / Allie Helinski / Sport Horses R Us thread
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=362754
    I just read it too. IMHO, this was the best line in the entire thread (thanks to Laurierace):

"A little birdie told me to quote this in case the house guests sober up."

Priceless !
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Ok back to the topic at hand....
    On the Tye Dye thread it mentioned a mare bred to Redwine. Anyone have any idea what happened with that breeding ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Thank God for the internet, because even though these shenanigans went on for far, far, too long. Without the internet -- probably would have gone on forever.
    And thanks to Rate My Horse Pro for making equine court filimgs/documents available for everyone.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/rioja.htm

does anyone have any infor on this foal bred by gff? maybe its just me but it looks not too great.......
    Nice looking foal and in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post
    http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/rioja.htm

does anyone have any infor on this foal bred by gff? maybe its just me but it looks not too great.......
    Grand Affair 's Last year's colt Rioja foaled Aug 23 looks very lean..probably the result of a few factors..one being his dam's age & many pregnancies. The colt shaped up very well from the new owner's pics. Grand Affair's Rioja was sold in utero. Shortly after that she was in foal for 2012- that foal also sold in utero.

Grand Affair -1995 My hunter test foal by Grande Saber. The photos of Grand Affair are her in 1998. at three yrs of age. That year she went 29 for 29 in the HB divisions, Winning the 3 yr old and broodmare classes at Upperville carrying her first foal Unlimited.

She's had a number of foals...most recently.....
    2007 - a colt
    2009 - filly
    2010 @ Age 15 - a colt Rain Boots (1st pic) was foaled 4/19 at Glennhill not at GFF. It took till September for her to settle.
    2011 Colt (2nd pic)
    2012 @ At Age 17 -2012 due 8/7I hope Diva foaled her 2012 late foal safely.

2013 Age 18 - She really deserves a year off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diva RedwineColt 4.19.10.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	36501   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rioja  by Redwine 2011 3 days .jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	36502  
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

Seriously, these mares are always in foal! Give them a break!

I know someone was asking about Radieschen the mare with the shot fetlocks this is a photo of her from 2010 off Jill's FB

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6314522_o.jpg
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    And thanks to Rate My Horse Pro for making equine court filimgs/documents available for everyone.
    I want to second this. I don't know the individual that handles their communications here, but they were very responsive when I PM'd them to ask if they might have resources that could help Equinedriver's efforts. Just based on that correspondence, I am going to join that site to support what seems to be good people doing a good service.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    I also realize the SIL is long gone... what happened to the pictures of the new property she promised?
    No, she is not long gone. To try and make things less stressful on the in-laws, she is letting everybody else on this forum do the work that needs to be done Jill has already been PMing people on the forums and speaking poorly about Kathy, so you can imagine...

And remember, the Jill supporters have asked for facts only on here. So Yvonne is NOT Jill's sister-in-law. Just her brothers girlfriend who's lived with him for the last 7 years.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    And remember, the Jill supporters have asked for facts only on here. So Yvonne is NOT Jill's sister-in-law. Just her brothers girlfriend who's lived with him for the last 7 years.
    Good gosh. Really? I mean, really? I guess that's a cultural difference, here, plenty of people don't get married and our in-laws, are still in-laws.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

On a note as to older mares needing a year off.. hasn't it been proven that giving them a "year off" can make it extremely hard to get them in foal in the future- wasn't there a big long thread about this- hopefully Kathy can chime in!

Quote Originally Posted by sixpoundfarm View Post
    Looks like a very young foal. Often they do show some rib when they are just born/ very young, but they usually put on weight pretty quickly.
    Guess she just went photo crazy on the first few days then hahaha it just stood out in comparison to the other foals shown.
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

Quote Originally Posted by DeucesWild11 View Post
    On a note as to older mares needing a year off.. hasn't it been proven that giving them a "year off" can make it extremely hard to get them in foal in the future- wasn't there a big long thread about this- hopefully Kathy can chime in!
    Yes, as long as a mare is holding her weight, research has shown it is better to keep their reproductive parts working - or they may stop working. Some of the top TB racing farms, as well as the top warmblood breeding farms keep their mares in foal every year.

Quote Originally Posted by EquusMagnificus View Post
    Good gosh. Really? I mean, really? I guess that's a cultural difference, here, plenty of people don't get married and our in-laws, are still in-laws.
    I know. In Ontario, it's no less than 3 years and you are considered a spouse whether or nor you went to city hall or a church!! So, play on words, but maybe in the States, they still need that piece of paper?

Quote Originally Posted by KT Farms View Post
    I spoke with a friend who has seen Redwine and Aloha in person, she said that Aloha barely comes close to 16hh, he looks like a pony. And Redwine is also shorter than what she advertises them as.
    Curious to see where all the full grown offspring out there finish off in height.
    I have seen both in person and Aloha is indeed under 16h - i thought he was a sport pony he is lovely, but not 16h

Redwine is also small......

it would be interesting to see how big Aloha's offspring are - he might make a fantastic sport pony stallion...

Well, Lauries foal by him is a strapping young lady. She is at my barn, and she is tall for her age and quite broad. She is gorgeous. Juliets mom is not large at all. Its not only the size of the parents, but of the grandparents etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tradewind View Post
    Well, Lauries foal by him is a strapping young lady. She is at my barn, and she is tall for her age and quite broad. She is gorgeous. Juliets mom is not large at all. Its not only the size of the parents, but of the grandparents etc.
    but you can't go by foal size.
    I have heard many breeders tell that at one point the big foals just stop growing and remain 'ponies'
    We had one like that, barely broke 15h, her dam was really tall 16h and then some (for the breed)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    but you can't go by foal size.
    I have heard many breeders tell that at one point the big foals just stop growing and remain 'ponies'
    We had one like that, barely broke 15h, her dam was really tall 16h and then some (for the breed)
    She is not a foal, she is almost 17 months old. She is 15.1 in front and 15.3 1/4 behind making her the largest by far of all the mare's foals at this age even though this was the smallest stallion the mare was bred to. One horse of course does not tell you anything however, you need to look at many of them to make a generalization.

At least in Redwine's case, the size thing is probably coming from Rotspon. Isn't he known for throwing all over the place in regards to size? There are some really big Rotspons, down to pony sized ones (like Ridley, who's 14.3 from horse sized parents).
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01