The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 59 of 224 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by rodawn View Post
    As for the eye, well, that needs treatment, but again a picture and vague comments do not determine whether treatment is occurring or not. All we can do is speculate but speculation are not facts.
    Agree. And there is no way to determine his body condition truly in that picture. Yes, he looks a little ribby, but without seeing a full side view it's impossible to say if it's a weight/condition issue or an age issue. His coat looks decent, his ears and demeanor alert.

I think folks need to be very careful about not turning this bus away from what can be proven, today, as actionable issues. While it might turn out eventually that some horses could be getting better care, I've yet to see any picture of an animal there that is alarming. As other very smart people keep trying to drill home, the business problems are provable, evidence is available, and witnesses galore. Stay on that particular highway without taking any alarmist exits.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

IMHO, all these OT comments are over shadowing the original intent of this thread. The folks that have legitimate complaints that they can document against Jill Burnell and/or Gray Fox Farms should contact EquineDriver. It accomplishes nothing for folks to get their knickers in a twist and then not follow up (legally) to stop her.

I am not a victim and grateful for these threads since breeding is full of its' own set of dramas without adding to it needlessly. Kudos to EquineDriver to offering to help organize the legal process ... and an even bigger thanks to the stallion owners who go the extra mile to help mare owners be successful!

BTW ... with over 155k views and 59 pages to this thread (and still growing), it is staying towards the top of the Goggle search and COTH forum. If you want to help spread the word, share this thread on your Facebook page, email it to others that may have interest, and post to other forums you're involved in. The more information that EquineDriver can accumulate, the better your chances to resolve the issues!

Well, all I can say about that eye (the left one) is that my gelding banged his eye this spring and had a nice swollen bone, and it was held closed. No discharge. I kept him in a fly mask, and hovered around him until it started to go down, had the vet out, did tests and gave him banamine until we knew there wasn't a lesion on the eye. I was anxious and embarrased to think anyone might see him with the swollen eye, and made sure folks knew he was being treated for it. I wouldn't have used a nice day as a photo op with him during that time. He had no discharge, but I have had a horse with Uveitis and kept his face clean and treated him appropriately when it was acting up. I don't know what make a person take photos with a horse's eye like that. I don't care that its not JB in the photo, if its the owner or other friends, it still is a bad judgement call, and if JB doesn't realize there is something going on with the horse's eye, then its being neglected.

Hooray for Jill, she got a photo of one of her stallions with pretty girls and the bad eye in the shade. Is that what that is all about?

Bad form.
    Trainer's website - photos of my horse Airborne under About and Francesca Edwards also in media page 1

http://www.patricianorciadressage.com/

NOT defending JB here, but in all of the photos of Federalist on his webpage, he is showing rib... back when he was competing. In the more recent photo, yes there is rib, but the photo doesn't show enough, really, to judge.

If anything, I see way too many FAT horses than skinny ones, and occasionally have to argue with my BO and my trainer about why I want to be able to easily feel the mare's ribs, and see them in the right light. (Was at Mass Morgan last weekend and sheesh, the equine corpulence was overwhelming... especially since Morgans are prone to IR and Cushings disease as they age.)

OTOH I wouldn't post a photo of a horse with an eye that looked like that, except maybe to a veterinary forum. My mare's left eye sometimes gets a weepy and the lids get swollen, and a week worth of ophthalmic antibiotics takes care of it. I may ride her during that time (because it isn't really uncomfortable for her) but would not take photos or show her...
    You have to have experiences to gain experience.

Proudly owned by Mythic Feronia, 1998 Morgan mare; G-dspeed Trump & Minnie; welcome 2014 Morgan filly MtnTop FlyWithMeJosephine

I was told there is someone on this thread putting together a class action complaint or lawsuit against Jill Burnell.

I would love to join this. Please contact me whoever you are!

urciegirl@aol.com

Sally Cobb
    Tapestry Meadows Equestrian Center
    Valley Center, California

Quote Originally Posted by equinedriver View Post
    I am in the process of getting back to the people that have contacted me and gathering the needed documentation. There are several that have stepped forward.

I will repeat again, the only thing that is really going to get any action is for a group of victims of fraud to come forward, give me documentation of payment and contracts that prove fraud and let me submit them to the CA Ag and the FBI. FWIW, I have made contact with both in CA and they were very receptive to the information that I gave them, but of course, nothing can be done until we have documented proof. Part of what is important, for any of you out there still on the fence, is a pattern of deception and behavior when proving fraud. Otherwise it is just a bad business deal and you may be told to pursue it in civil court, which I and others have explained we realize is not realistic in terms of travel and expenses. Obviously, she doesn't care if people sue her, they have and won, but can't collect their judgements, which is what she counts on.

What I am trying to do is get the authorities to go after her CRIMINALLY, which usually does motivate them, as most people want to stay out of jail.

So please, any of you out there with signed unfulfilled contracts, monies paid for goods or services not received, please do contact me.
    Is there any way equinedriver's info can be saved at the top as a "sticky"?

DOES anyone know where the stallions ARE?
    I can't see how she would keep them at the GFF location.
    If you are local to GFF...please contact me Tellwynd@aol.com

In one of the old threads, wasn't it mentioned that she'd sent some horses to Colorado?

I know she posted on FB about having difficulty with a shipper in Colorado (and at the time, I thought, hmm, a payment issue?)...maybe they were horses she'd sold, but I got the impression they were hers?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/rioja.htm

does anyone have any infor on this foal bred by gff? maybe its just me but it looks not too great.......
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

I understand that we need to mention Redwine for the search engines to pick up that keyword but I personally am happy this has not deteriorated into a discussion of his merits as a stallion as many of these threads have. Whether he is the greatest of all time or the worst of all time makes no difference if you never get your semen or your foal or your mare and foal or your breeding certificate etc. Animals have no choice is who their owners are and should not be guilty by association. BUT that doesn't mean I feel anyone should breed to him as long as he has the same connections.

Quote Originally Posted by quietann View Post
    NOT defending JB here, but in all of the photos of Federalist on his webpage, he is showing rib... back when he was competing. In the more recent photo, yes there is rib, but the photo doesn't show enough, really, to judge.

noticed that too. But the eye hasn't always been funky.... :/
    Clancy 17hh chestnut Dutch WB, '99. Owned and loved since '04 and still goin'!

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzebra View Post

does anyone have any infor on this foal bred by gff? maybe its just me but it looks not too great.......
    He looks awesome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    DOES anyone know where the stallions ARE?
    I can't see how she would keep them at the GFF location.
    If you are local to GFF...please contact me Tellwynd@aol.com
    This!

Where is Redwine? I know that he showed at one point.. I am assuming that he is not showing any more? Is he ridden at all? He was a nice enough hunter, if she is that far in debt why wouldn't she try to sell the stallion as a show horse?
    Braeburn Farms
    Collingwood, ON

Facebook

Looks like a very young foal. Often they do show some rib when they are just born/ very young, but they usually put on weight pretty quickly.

The owner of this one posted on Jill's facebook page the other day looking for papers :-/

Looks like she is in Georgia.
    Last edited by Sheila A; Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo
    Sheila Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    So the TyeDye Equine person is buying horses from GFF? This is not surprising to anyone, is it?

What happens when two volatile COTH threads collide?
    Just read the Karlin Eckberg / Tye Dye Equines / Allie Helinski / Sport Horses R Us thread
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=362754

I sure do hope that the criminal investigators decide to take the "MAKE AN EXAMPLE" approach w/ Jill Burnell Gray Fox Farms; so that people think twice and decide it's just not worth the punishment risk to scam people.

These train wrecks really do hurt the industry. Thank God for the internet, because even though these shenanigans went on for far, far, too long. Without the internet -- probably would have gone on forever.
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Sheila A View Post
    The owner of this one posted on Jill's facebook page the other day looking for papers :-/

Looks like she is in Colorado.
    I think this is her... http://www.winterhavenfarms.net/index.html

See link above. The colt looks fine at his new home. It's pretty normal for a very young foal to show a few ribs but they plump up quickly.

The picture of Federalist has now been deleted off Facebook.

I spoke with a friend who has seen Redwine and Aloha in person, she said that Aloha barely comes close to 16hh, he looks like a pony. And Redwine is also shorter than what she advertises them as.
    Curious to see where all the full grown offspring out there finish off in height.

Also know another girl in Montana that purchased a foal from JB, the foal arrived half dead, spent a month in the clinic and had a 10k vet bill!

Just to chime in for the stallions sake, I too have been close enough to pet these stallions, and have seen Aloha almost daily in passing. They both seem near or around 16 to 16.1 hands. RW is a bit taller than Aloha. The only thing "ponyish" is his face. A friend has an Aloha filly that just turned 3 and she is easily 15.2 right now. It also depends on the size of the mare. Now back to your regularly scheduled bashing....