The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 58 of 224 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post
    She was recently tagged in a photo of Federalist notice the huge swollen weepy eye with discharge and fairly prominent ribs on the tiny portion of side you can see.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...72389449_n.jpg
    OMG, that poor mare. I don't know how those two could want a picture taken like that. At least they could have cleaned the discharge off first. The mare looks like she is a sweetheart. This really makes me sick. :0(..
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoonfarms View Post
    OMG, that poor mare. I don't know how those two could want a picture taken like that. At least they could have cleaned the discharge off first. The mare looks like she is a sweetheart. This really makes me sick. :0(..
    That is one of her famous stallions - Federalist

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/faberge.htm

Shows the conditions she has been keeping him in. Poor boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternaation View Post
    She was recently tagged in a photo of Federalist notice the huge swollen weepy eye with discharge and fairly prominent ribs on the tiny portion of side you can see.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...72389449_n.jpg
    What happened to his eye??

(OK, I have horses....lots of very minor things can happen to make an eye swell up like that.....bumps, scrapes, bug bites, etc....I just wouldn't want to show anyone a picture of one of my horses with an eye like that without an explanation.)

I certainly wouldn't want it on my FB page.

Quote Originally Posted by S1969 View Post

I certainly wouldn't want it on my FB page.
    And that would not happen because you have enough brains to not pose, or let others pose, happily for photos like nothing is wrong.

Oh but wait, that would require you to realize something is wrong. Which in this case you have to wonder.

I just saw that photo too; he looks terrible. It makes me sad.

How old is the horse? It's not that unusual for an older horse to have trouble keeping weight on his ribs.

He is in his late teens I believe.

Born 1991.....he deserves much better!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanJacMonument View Post
    How old is the horse? It's not that unusual for an older horse to have trouble keeping weight on his ribs.

He is 23 I believe. I have an older stallion and can appreciate the older fatter ones. If this picture was taken recently I have no issue with it.

Still does not bar the reality of financial criminal issues at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by cnigh View Post
    That is one of her famous stallions - Federalist

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/faberge.htm

Shows the conditions she has been keeping him in. Poor boy.
    Oh my, that somehow makes it even worse. :0(
    It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.”
    ? Marilyn Monroe

You do realize too that if anyone does a search for Redwine Stallion, this thread does not come up.... maybe time to add his name to the thread?
    I also realize the SIL is long gone... what happened to the pictures of the new property she promised?

Well, the photo isn't that bad for a 23 year old horse. I'm not standing up for Jill, just wanted to know the age of this horse because he looked elderly in the face to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SanJacMonument View Post
    Well, the photo isn't that bad for a 23 year old horse. I'm not standing up for Jill, just wanted to know the age of this horse because he looked elderly in the face to me.
    No offense to you but I call BS. Age is not an excuse for poor condition. There are plenty of ways products that allow older horses to maintain condition well into their senior years. If you do nothing then yes that is what I'd except. Certainly not how one would imagine you'd care for a quality breeding stallion.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

1 members found this post helpful.

BTW this was C&P'd from her FB apparently someone asked about his eye.

"Genna Gatdula Farrand What's wrong with his eye?
    2 hours ago · Like · 1

Jill Burnell Nothing, it's the angle of the picture. You guys look so cute.
    about an hour ago · Like"

The horses lid is clearly swollen and there is DISCHARGE running down his face but its "nothing"

She could have bought a little street cred back by even saying "oh its the bugs or oh he has a blocked tear duct ..its nothing we're caring for it " but nope goes with "nothing"
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Honestly, if you zoom in, it's looks like the girls sunglasses are right I his eye, maybe that's why he has that one closed... And for an older guy I don't think he looks that bad... Don't flame me! If you look at his top line he seems to be maintaining his weight. Not an excuse for how jb conducts her business - which I'm not a customer- just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by HorseKrazy View Post
    Honestly, if you zoom in, it's looks like the girls sunglasses are right I his eye, maybe that's why he has that one closed...
    yes however the eye lid is quite swollen. Could be infection, or a past injury.
    Eye discharge "could" be meds mixed with tears, or from infection. Hard to say. Either way, his eye doesn't look good.

It's difficult to make a real assessment on his overall body condition from that photo. Especially on a 23 year old. But it seems that from what little can be seen in the photo, his condition (weight and coat) is similar to the horses seen in the photos taken by the SIL.

Just MHO.
    Last edited by Mardi; Aug. 25, 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Sorry but that is a lot of discharge, if he were mine it warrants an immediate vet call. At the very least, his face should be clean and he needs to be wearing a fly mask. If my horse were uncomfortable, no way am I taking it off in full sun for a photo either. This is what I do not get about her, it's as if she truly thinks this stuff is normal and acceptable.

I understand sometimes horses can be hard keepers, and I've had times when I was changing my feeding routine where I've had them lose a little condition, which comes back quickly once I tweak the fat content etc. While I do not like the ribs (especially for a horse not in work? I know he is a breeding stallion but it seems like most of the breedings go to Redwine anyway? Her own anyhow, so I don't know if that is an excuse for his condition), I wouldn't pass judgement without seeing a side view.

But I find it very concerning that someone would show horses for sale with three dead foals under a blanket, and pose for facebook pictures with a horse holding his swollen eye shut with discharge all down the side of his face. If that is what she will show the public, what is acceptable when no one is there?

I honestly have no idea how she can afford to keep them all in hay and grain anyway, aren't the prices in California through the roof?

I feel for these horses, they are the ones with no choice but to deal with however it is she cares for them. And when she sells some, it seems she is back up in numbers in a heart beat.

She seems happy and carefree in the photo. I would never guess that was a person with all these current troubles ...

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill View Post
    She seems happy and carefree in the photo. I would never guess that was a person with all these current troubles ...
    JB is not in the photo of poor Federalist. This is her. http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...e/7a7d16d8.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    No offense to you but I call BS. Age is not an excuse for poor condition. There are plenty of ways products that allow older horses to maintain condition well into their senior years. If you do nothing then yes that is what I'd except. Certainly not how one would imagine you'd care for a quality breeding stallion.
    Okay, but I saw a mid-teens stallion being kept at Spruce Meadows, who certainly DO know how to manage breeding stallions and have the gobs of money to do so, and he was in even worse shape than this picture of Federalist. That stallion was a bone rack (easily 300+ pounds underweight) and quite rough after his breeding season. This is not a dump against Spruce Meadows (he had a pile of very nice-looking hay in his stall, but wasn't interested in touching it), nor am I defending Jill Burnell. I'm just saying, at the end of a breeding season, some stallions can look in rough shape - some stallions don't want to eat as much, some spend a goodly portion of their day pacing their fence line and marking. If Spruce Meadows has trouble keeping weight on a breeding stallion who is younger than Federalist, then who is to say what is all going on with Federalist? It's not the first breeding stallion I've seen looking a bit rough at the end of the season, and it probably won't be the last. They usually put on good weight as fall progresses.

By the way, he certainly looks friendly in this photo. What a gentleman.

As for the eye, well, that needs treatment, but again a picture and vague comments do not determine whether treatment is occurring or not. All we can do is speculate but speculation are not facts. Again, not defending her. We just don't know. Even asking her, if she refuses to answer a direct question, it may increase our suspicions, but they are still just that... suspicions.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!