The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 53 of 224 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Equine Reproduction View Post
    It has been brought to our attention that some posters have received PM's and emails from Jill Burnell attributing statements and practices to us that may not be truthful or factual. We would appreciate your forwarding those to us so that we may have them on file. Our thanks to those of you who have already done this!

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Her "attorney" is telling her to PM everybody and asking them to remove their posts. Is he also telling her to talk smack about you as well? Maybe it's not so much of an "attorney" as it is the little voices inside her head. Sad to see that the "attorney" also seems to have a selective moral compass.

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I'm having fun with this one. Where would one come up with the props? I know I don't have dead chickens, dog feces and breeding equipment in various stages of decay just lying about waiting for me to hatch a conspiracy.

This is my theory from page 25 of this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    So are you saying that the brother and sister-in-law came over the night before, fed the dog a whole lot of Taco Bell, came back the next morning and squeezed the crap out of him, then choked the chickens, then grabbed the camera and snapped a bunch of photos and then stole the camera?

Sorry, I'm just trying to get all of the facts straight.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Just so you are aware. You're likely to end up in detention. See you there.
    Eat my Shorts!
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Have been following all along, from first threads. I don't need to state my position.

I'm just chiming in to say it would be nice if things could stay on track. The true information is getting lost for people that aren't checking in every hour and have to go through 6 rather silly pages to catch up at the end of the day.

While laughter is quite powerful just remember this is very real for many people. Keep it light hearted, but please don't make light of it. Have respect for what is trying to be accomplished here.

A judge will end up reading this thread, I'm quite sure, so let's ensure the points are clear, unmuddied, and undeniable in their gravity.
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Now promoting sale horses from North Carolina to the Netherlands. Follow us on Facebook.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dags View Post
    Have been following all along, from first threads. I don't need to state my position.

I'm just chiming in to say it would be nice if things could stay on track. The true information is getting lost for people that aren't checking in every hour and have to go through 6 rather silly pages to catch up at the end of the day.

While laughter is quite powerful just remember this is very real for many people. Keep it light hearted, but please don't make light of it. Have respect for what is trying to be accomplished here.

A judge will end up reading this thread, I'm quite sure, so let's ensure the points are clear, unmuddied, and undeniable in their gravity.
    Totally agree and the silliness is diluting the relevance of the thread. I have no dog in this fight, but you are losing readers. I am just about ready to give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    I will rephrase what I said then...I don't think a good attorney would give that advice.
    Like you would know the difference.....

Oh falseimpression, don't be a poop. We are just breaking up the monotiny (sp?)
    Don't be a poop...heh heh (done in my best Napolian Dynamite voice)

Quote Originally Posted by runwayz View Post
    Oh falseimpression, don't be a poop. We are just breaking up the monotiny (sp?)
    Don't be a poop...heh heh (done in my best Napolian Dynamite voice)
    Okay, I started a Jill Burnell Gray Fox Farms Facts thread. Somebody else is going to have to be in charge of that.

Now, for the not the facts emotional healing thread, it needs a good name. Suggestions?
    Disclaimer: Just a beginner who knows nothing about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    'Cuse me...(raising hand).... I'm still waiting for you to tell me which airport my attorney will need to fly to so he can be present at my deposition.
    Laguardia. Sounds like you need a trip right?

Well I gotta go to bed, its a school night. Goodnight Idazians, goodnight Daventry, goodnight Rapapzini, goodnight equinerepro, goodnight John boy, goodnight Mary Ellen, goodnight Grandpa Walton, ....

Quote Originally Posted by JoZ View Post
    I'm having fun with this one. Where would one come up with the props? I know I don't have dead chickens, dog feces and breeding equipment in various stages of decay just lying about waiting for me to hatch a conspiracy.

ETA: jinx, Idaziens. I see we were thinking the exact same thing!
    Your kidding right?

Thanks, dags, I agree. This thread pains me to read, but I've read it all.

I have followed this thread since the beginning, and have noted the facts. I will try to be as civil as possible but the thought of GFF for me stirs a lot of anger and disappointment. It's nice to see that you're reading this thread, Jill. Maybe you'll be kind enough to cough up the ultrasounds of my mare being "pregnant". My mare was much thinner than when she was delivered to you with a host of issues that she never had before. I expected a lot better. After I picked my jaw up off of the ground as to how she looked when she stepped off the trailer from your farm, I had my vet right out. His words were "she's as open as a present on Christmas day." In the back of my mind, I knew that this was going to be the outcome. I am embarrassed that I sent my mare to you.

I'm just glad I got her back safely. You knew that the shipper was coming to your farm, because I called/emailed you/had the dispatcher try to contact you all week prior to the shipping date. We got no response from you. Ever. Why did it take two hours for you to release her to the shipper? A horse that was never yours? I trusted you with the care of my mare, CARE being the operative word. I have so many unanswered questions and cannot believe anything that you told me during the time that my mare was at your farm. I was a newbie to the breeding world, but I certainly learned my lesson. Consider my stud fee a parting gift. Do I consider myself monetarily defrauded? That's a grey area. I'm not owed money, just the truth. For me, money is beside the point. Lied to and deliberately misled? Definitely. Would I do business with GFF ever again? Absolutely not. Angry? You have no idea.

"Jill "technically" doesn't have a sister-in-law Her brother and Yvonne are common law. So technically, I guess Jill wasn't lying and she "doesn't have" a sister-in-law...like regardless, that makes EVERYTHING else just go away."

Daventry, since we're sticking to facts: http://www.yourlawcenter.com/2012/08...ge-california/

"I may be completely wrong, but I think he is just frantically trying to help his GF out, deciding whether she should "pull the trigger" as he phrased it. I really don't think he cares one hoot about JB. Hes is tring to protect the GF."

The Board Validictarian award goes to..........Noms!!!!!! Well done, you can never do enough due diligence!!!!!!

Mandarin, in reference to an Internet Crime Attorney, I googled it and it certainly looks like they exist!

http://www.syversonlaw.com/Internet-...-Slander.shtml

People can't be sued for relaying their experiences or for commenting on actual pictures. People can't be sued for talking about a stallion's eligibility, the dirtiness of a lab, the fact that mares didn't take, facts and stories about lack of payment and bad business practices, pictures and stories about dead animals, etc., when they are paying someone or thinking about paying someone for an advertised service or a sale or if the business is misrepresenting itsself or its products. Those are facts and experiences and reactions. ANYONE can complain about ANY documented bad business. There's lots of documentation that this is a business with questionable practices based on the standard for the industry and for any business, and seriously dissatisfied customers. There's no legal case here.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    I have been in situations where someone has cried fowl over a sale not going their way.
    BuckbuckbuckbuckbaGOCK!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

On a more serious note--my heart goes out to everyone who has had problems with this "business." I'm shocked at what many of you have had to go through, shocked that this individual hasn't had to stand trial (several thousand times), shocked that people are still purchasing breedings and in-utero foals, etc., etc. I've been sitting here with my jaw on the floor for the last several days while I waded through this thread. I thought that the stolen filly thread would have been the "nail in the coffin" for JB's career. How many times do people have to get screwed before this person is stopped???

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Just so you are aware. You're likely to end up in detention. See you there.
    Oooooooooooooo! Breakfast Club!!

To keep this on topic, I gave my DSO a link to this thread last night - now his connection through horses is through me, and he supports my addiction completely.
    That said, he is, to use a COTHism, aghasted, and cannot understand why she is still walking free. Each of you who has been scammed should be compensated.
    Roy, I have no dog in this fight except as a horseman, and no argument with you. I just wanted to point out that you commented that sometimes people launch lawsuits (or try to ruin a reputation) out of spite for a sale gone wrong - and according to the account of one mare owner, that is exactly what Jill did for a mare that the owner wanted to rehome for a $500 fee - suing her for $10K.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Just an FYI - if anyone on here who is trying to organize a class action situation, the ISR/OLDNA Breed Guide does give the Breeder name for the foals presented every year. I can copy and send the pages from the guides over the years that GFF foals were presented so that an attempt to contact these breeders can be made to ascertain their experiences with JB. Just PM me your email.

I don't know if the other registries that these stallions were approved by provide the list of foals presented each year but if they don't perhaps you can request it.

Also this is the email address for the State Veterinarian in California:
    mailto:awhiteford@cdfa.ca.gov
    Her name is Annette Whiteford
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Redwine is not listed in the OHBS/GOV 2012 Stallion Catalog.
    His dues weren't paid ... he's approved but not activated as DY explained. The same holds true for AHS.
    Jan Marquardt
    Walkabout Station
    www.walkaboutstation.com
    Join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/walkaboutstation

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Totally agree and the silliness is diluting the relevance of the thread. I have no dog in this fight, but you are losing readers. I am just about ready to give up.
    Gah I do/did have a dog in this fight but I've been losing the will to live for the past goodness knows how many pages

Seems that those shouting the loudest have never had business dealings with Jill Burnell and those of us who have are simply stating how we've been wronged ... and then leaving it at that. Shame really.