The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 48 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    "I don't even have a sister in law"

This is going to be fun to watch how many posters suddenly disappear as the rats are always the first to leave a sinking ship!

Here's a suggestion for future reference: Why not set up a "rate my breeders" section on COTH were people can review actual transactions with actual names? Like, rate my professor, Dr, Dentist, Angies list, etc

Seems like a better process than accusations of dead, drugged, abused animals doesn't it?
    Good idea. Guess who will be at the very bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by smsjobe View Post
    Hello everyone,

It has taken me quite some time to read through all the postings on this thread and although my situation has been mentioned briefly in a few postings I think it is appropriate to give my personal account.

In late March/early April of this year I decided to re-home my young horse, a mare by Rio Grande. She was the first horse purchase of my adult life and I had very high hopes for her. Unfortunately, after having her under saddle for less than a year, an injury surfaced that rendered her un-fit for riding. Since I could no longer ride her and I don’t have property of my own to keep her on, I made the decision to find a good home for her as a broodmare to live out the rest of her life. I put ads up for her and received several emails, but I tried to be fair and observed the “first come, first serve” policy. Quite a few people contacted me but JB was the first to do so. She initiated the discussion with me over email under the name “Alex” mere hours after the ad was posted. “Alex” then gave me call, introducing herself as Jill, but I did not give it any thought because so many people had contacted me I figured I was getting my names mixed up. Over the phone, she painted a very beautiful picture of her farm, breeding program, and care of the horses. She told me my horse would live out the rest of her life in luxury. Talking with her gave me the confidence that my horse was going to a good home. Not knowing anything about breeding and being a trusting person (to a fault), I made the decision to send my horse to JB. I want to emphasize, this all happened in a matter of hours after I put up the posting.

Within two days JB sent me a payment (via paypal) for the very reasonable re-homing fee I had asked from her. A hauler was scheduled to pick my horse up one day later. Between the time that I accepted her payment and the hauler was scheduled to pick up my horse I came upon the knowledge that Jill would not be a good home for my horse. Specifically, I found out she has an active warrant for her arrest and a public notice of a trustee’s sale due to default of payment on the property deed that the she and her husband own, the same address as seen in her payment to me.

This is in fact the same property that my horse was going to be living on. Under the guidance of my agent/trainer and others, I rescinded the oral agreement I had with Jill under the grounds of false representation of a good home. We never had a written bill of sale. I made multiple attempts to return the money to Jill but each time she rejected it. I tried twice via PayPal, but the second time she reported my account as fraud and I was put on a hold. I also emailed her and asked her where I can send the money, but received no such response.

The next time I heard from Jill after sending that email was a month later being served the claim that she made for $10,000. Never did she try to contact me regarding this demand, as she states and signed in the claims paperwork as doing.

The time arrived to have our scheduled court date and although I brought a bank check made out to her and offered it to her, she refused, saying she would only take over 5 times the amount she had paid me. Of course, I was not going to agree to this. The judge dismissed the case in the county she filed in because it was the wrong county – neither of us even lived within its boundary. I understand now why she did not file in Sonoma County, for fear of being served with judgments she has out for her there. She has threatened to serve me in the county I reside in and I welcome it. I have a herd of people behind me, ready to stand up against her.

Although it will be fun to see the look on JB’s face when a crowd of people enter the courtroom to try to get back what she owes them, I honestly wish it had not come to this. I just wanted to find my horse a home and know that she would be safe and well cared for. I do consider myself lucky that my horse never actually ended up in her hands. This experience has unfortunately taught me that some people are not really how they present themselves and that in future dealings, I will be far more pro-active in doing research about someone with whom I am doing business with, making sure that they can uphold their end of the contract, rather than just simply taking their word for it.

I hope that those who still support JB and GFF can understand and accept that many people have been wronged by her. We are not making this up. I believe she is one of the most dishonest and manipulative people in the horse business and I am not afraid to spread the word. Thanks for all the support and please feel free to PM me if you would like to be part of my case against JB.

Stephanie
    Stephanie, I have been thinking about you since this thread started and wondering what the current situation was. My heart truly goes out to you. You absolutely did the right thing and got crapped on for it. It should have never happened to you.

You are absolutely right as to why Jill filed in a different County. Only an idiot would think they could file somewhere else. "IF" she does file in your County, please, please let all of us know. I'm betting you'll have quite a few supporters there, and people looking for their money!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    OK, come on Moderators. Can you not check the IP from the PM sent to horsechick and see if it matches any of the other "house guests" or "alters" lists that were already given to you?

I was sent a pm re one of the "alter" addresses and the source of it depressed me. Since I can't verify the name....No name.

Amazing to me how one person ...in the world or at least NA world of serious, hard working breeders, there can be this one...and to me quite sociopathic human being...take in so many despite the building red flags....from the frgging beginning!!!! Drink the cool aid keeps running through my head....cultish!

Last edited by 3Dogs; Aug. 23, 2012 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Grammar
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    I may be completely wrong, but I think he is just frantically trying to help his GF out, deciding whether she should "pull the trigger" as he phrased it. I really don't think he cares one hoot about JB. Hes is tring to protect the GF.
    I say this with love in my heart, Noms:
    You may be completely wrong.

I was just looking at Redwine's page on JB's site.

Is it true that he is approved GOV as stated on her website?

And here we go with the PMs... Jill get a grip, you did this to yourself.

My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
    Jill Burnell

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    I say this with love in my heart, Noms:
    You may be completely wrong.
    HAHA, will not be the first time. And I am starting to backpeddle on my earlier statement.

Hmmmmm, the "SIL" turns out to not be the "SIL"! In a court of law, isn't it a fact that if you are caught in a lie, then everything else you have said is discredited?

Yep, keep beating me up for asking for straight facts!!!!!

COTHalter: did you reply ---> Bring it on??!

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    I was sent a pm re one of the "alter" addresses and the source of it depressed me. Since I can't verify the name....No name.

AHA!

Can I guess? I have a really really GOOD guess lol....

I don't breed, don't show and am therefore not worthy on a PM but I can state I hope each and every one of you who has sustained a loss dealing with Ms Burnell gets full retribution and the support of the law.
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    And here we go with the PMs... Jill get a grip, you did this to yourself.
    Oh and here I thought I was the only lucky one!
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

"My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
    Jill Burnell"

Well, let's see who contunes to jump on the bashwagon now!!!

Hmmmmm, the "SIL" turns out to not be the "SIL"! In a court of law, isn't it a fact that if you are caught in a lie, then everything else you have said is discredited?

Yep, keep beating me up for asking for straight facts!!!!!
    Who says?

This is not a court of law Mike. But nevertheless you have thoroughly discredited yourself here.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Cool

Here's a suggestion for future reference: Why not set up a "rate my breeders" section on COTH were people can review actual transactions with actual names? Like, rate my professor, Dr, Dentist, Angies list, etc
    There already is one...Rate My Horse Pro where Gray Fox is listed on their Equine Court section.

Hmmm, so Jill has PM'd someone saying she has no sister-in-law, but apparently her friends and supporters "in the know" talk about her sister-in-law. I smell a rat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown Farms View Post
    I AM absolutely disturbed by this posting! First and foremost, why should anyone believe anything written from you and your husband that have been recently released from prison AGAIN. You showed up at the Burnells home and stole numerous items including a camera and other things last week.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyGilly View Post
    I spoke to Jill's brother yesterday and he confirmed that all of her horses have been moved to the new property. There aren't any man made shelters there yet, but he did confirm that it's 40 acres of pasture. I purchased a colt from Jill in 2008 and had a good experience; she returned my calls promptly, the colt arrived in good weight after a trip across coasts, and I was very happy with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyParker View Post
    SIL starts a thread obviously tee'd off by something and includes a pic of a skinny horse and "fears" for the animals etc etc.
    People try to give you facts.* They are run off the board because GOD FORBID someone want to try and introduce facts.*
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I was just looking at Redwine's page on JB's site.

Is it true that he is approved GOV as stated on her website?
    Joanne ...can't answer re Gov but not aware he went through any stallion testing for Gov so ??? He keeps being listed as "Hanoverian" but no, he may have born in Hanover but I never found he was approved "Hanoverian". Devil in the details!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

"My lawyer said I should ask for a retraction to all the horrible and untrue things you've said about my business in an attempt to harm me and my business before we proceed.. Here it is.
    Jill Burnell"

Well, let's see who contunes to jump on the bashwagon now!!!
    I have not done any bashing and there are witnesses that can corroborate my statements. I say bring it on! I know it's an empty threat anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Hmmm, so Jill has PM'd someone saying she has no sister-in-law, but apparently her friends and supporters "in the know" talk about her sister-in-law. I smell a rat.
    Well played Daventry!

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Well played Daventry!
    Helps when you have an eidetic memory. Just took me a few seconds to find the posts I needed as evidence.

I no longer hear the faint sound of a train whistle blowing...but the faint sound of walls starting to crumble. The fact that a bunch of PM's are now being fired off attests to that.

Also received a similar message demanding retraction, of what I'm not sure, on another forum.