The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 37 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    People who drive by often report the horses out in the weather.
    I know the discussion is more of a lack of availability thing, but as a random side thought, we have large shelters (12 x 48 in one pasture for two horses) as well as woods in our fields, and 99.9999999% of the time in horrible weather the horses are standing out in it. I mean smack dab in the middle of the open pasture area, butts to it, getting soaked and pelted. Unless we bribe them into the shelters or under the trees with some thing like alfalfa.

In fact the last horrible rain we had I was on the road, and every farm we passed guess where the horses were.

I'm not saying don't provide it by any means, but those dang critters will do as they please. Now that said, sure, it is our responsibility to provide them with the shelter for them to not stand in, lol.

Ante up... please say you are joking.

In FL it was very common to have a shelter with just a roof, but there really was no wind. Eagle, I know you are not a horse person but 12x12 will really only fit one horse, they will chase away all the others. So we now have shelter for, perhaps, seven horses out of thirty.

runwayz, I stole your quote, because it just made me laugh and laugh and laugh
    "Hell, when I move my things go in boxes and I always make sure and bubble wrap my dog feces so it don't get broke." runwayz

Yowza, glad I could brighten your day.

No joke, she told me I didn't have to worry about vaccinating my mare, which you're supposed to do 3 weeks before insemination, because my mare was coming into season when she manipulated me into buying a breeding and she would ship semen NEXT DAY! Devious.
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by Anteup View Post
    No joke, she told me I didn't have to worry about vaccinating my mare, which you're supposed to do 3 weeks before insemination, because my mare was coming into season when she manipulated me into buying a breeding and she would ship semen NEXT DAY! Devious.
    Unbelievable!

Well it looks like we've got the shelter issue addressed!

So which registry is still handling registrations for her stallions?

Oh holy hell. Now all this thread needs is Pat Parelli and Elizabeth Mandarino...

Seriously, I'm not showing currently, but when I show it will be Arabs. Nothing to gain here, and I can tell you that you don't end up with a judgement by having a brain fart. End of story.

Edit: My mare is half gypsy vanner, so I've got that part of this train wreck covered. Dead butterflies in the tub and all.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    So which registry is still handling registrations for her stallions?
    ISR Old/NA I believe.

My foals were registered with Hanoverian and German Oldenburg, both of whom do DNA testing of the foal so I know I have what I am supposed to have

oh.my.god.
    Cornerstone Equestrian
    Home of Amazing (Balou du Rouet/Voltaire)
    KWPN, ISR/Old NA, RPSI, and IHF stallion
    www.cornerstonefarmpa.com

Quote Originally Posted by MyssMyst View Post
    Oh holy hell. Now all this thread needs is Pat Parelli and Elizabeth Mandarino...

Seriously, I'm not showing currently, but when I show it will be Arabs. Nothing to gain here, and I can tell you that you don't end up with a judgement by having a brain fart. End of story.

Edit: My mare is half gypsy vanner, so I've got that part of this train wreck covered. Dead butterflies in the tub and all.

I don't know why I am doing this, but here goes...please don't call me a "defender" or "troll" or "houseguest" or accuse me of being Jill Burnell.

Reading all this has me heartsick. But also incredibly confused as there seems to be experiences all over the map.

I purchased a significantly discounted breeding to Redwine in the Fall of 2010, but did not use it until spring 2012. The Jill Burnell I dealt with was extremely professional and friendly. I was advised by her about EVA protocol and vaccination and the information provided aligns with what I believe is accurate and correct per what many of you are relaying. She suggested I refer to Dr. Timoney's documentation. I was never told that my mare did not need to be vaccinated or that appropriate quarantine measures need not be observed. My vet confirmed said everything I had been told was correct to his knowledge and it was pretty straightforward.

Even with my "discount nobody special" status, I received prompt, friendly replies to every email and prompt return snail mail of my contract back in 2010 and a covering cert after I confirmed still in foal with heartbeat at 45 days this year. My mare caught on the first try, with a single dose. She actually was ready several days before we expected and Jill responded right away and shipped in time for Saturday delivery on Easter weekend. If I wasn't a COTHBB lurker, I would be here feeling great about the whole experience and absolutely be telling others how happy I was to work with GFF.

I'm not disbelieving any of the stories...and I know firsthand about someone who is having trouble getting some registration paperwork from Jill...but I am so confused about the vast differences in stories and experiences. I wanted to believe this was all some bizarre witch hunt. Now I don't know what to believe. The pictures are tough to process.

*sigh*

Roisin, you are one of the lucky ones. As was I, and it seems Laurierace. That makes 3 that we know of. Count your blessings and enjoy your youngster!

Quote Originally Posted by Noms View Post
    Well, there have been instances in the past where parentage has been called into question. The famous Grannus controversy. And Capitol I was also subject to debate on his parents.

Today we have DNA and so you can/should/must check out and confirm who the baby dady is.
    Absolutely...but where my mind is, is wondering when people are going to get hit with a clue stick and realize that they need to do this (sorry for the sarcasm, am just aghasted by the implications).
    I have a friend with an AQHA long yearling who he is trying to get registered....the core of the story is, he AI'd his mare from a reputable breeder - DNA came back as not a match. Turns out that the sire and another horse in the US went through the same auction in the US (both from the same breeder, by the same sire) and their papers got mixed up. He is having a dandy time now because the person who had the other horse sold him on, and nobody knows where it is now.
    So...seeing the similarities, I imagine getting papers corrected with the true sire could get interesting.
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by runwayz View Post
    Roisin, you are one of the lucky ones. As was I, and it seems Laurierace. That makes 3 that we know of. Count your blessings and enjoy your youngster!
    Thanks, runwayz. "Bunny" is much anticipated and will be much-loved!

Quote Originally Posted by Simkie View Post
    This is interesting:

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=38.27...9.4&r=0&src=yh

Click between bing maps and yahoo maps (upper left hand corner) to see how the property has changed. Yahoo shows a small handful of horses on the property (maybe 5 -6?) with what looks like roof structures in the three pen areas and an arena looking space to the west. Bing shows a BOATLOAD of horses, only one roof with 11 pens and the arena is gone.
    Wow. Nice site. Any dates on the imagery?
    I count 30+ including foals.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Roisin,

Not everyone is all good or all bad. And she probably has many people that had successful transactions like you. But if the business is mostly done remotely, it is hard to tell what is going on. This is not even close to the 1st thread, or 2nd or 10th. If I was considering doing business with her, this would alert me to the fact that I should follow up some of the leads that people are giving on these threads and make up my own mind. I don't take anything on the internet as truth and neither should anyone else. People are lazy and just want an answer in 20 posts or less. That is why there is some point in rebuttal to the accusations, because some readers will use this as a final verdict and it may leave doubt if there are defenders. It is a forum. If you really want to know....follow the legal trail of factual documentation. The registry's will answer questions too.

Quote Originally Posted by stoicfish View Post
    Roisin,

Not everyone is all good or all bad.
    LOL...I'm 52, so I've figured that out. But, thanks.