The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 23 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Oh boy! I just found an unclaimed RockStar in the fridge! I'm good for the rest of the work day! Oh boy!!!! Roys here! Yee Haw!

Quote Originally Posted by mactanscott View Post
    I have been following this thread thanks to a friend. I had no intention of posting, but after so many have come forward I am starting to feel guilty for remaining silent.

I feel like I am one of the lucky ones, b/c I have a beautiful healthy colt to show for all the headache. But I never got my breeding certificate, I was told excuse after excuse, was lied to, and then ignored.

The people at GOV and AHS are wonderful and were more than willing to help me register my foal. I would however be responsible for an extra fee since the stallion's dues had not been paid.

I was furious at Jill for the way she treated me, for not fulfilling her own contract, and most of all I was mad at myself for not doing my due diligence. Lesson learned!!!

I got on here a few days before my colt was born to refresh my memory on a milk prediction test and happen to see a thread on her. Obviously it was too late for me at that point, but if I had known what I do now, I would never have gotten involved with her.

So kudos to all of you that have posted! It's comforting to know I am not the only one out there. I am over it now, have moved on, and loving my colt (whoever his daddy may be). And whatever the cause for Jill's erratic behavior, I hope she will receive the help she needs. I can't imagine she is living a happy life.
    mactanscott, get a hold of equinedriver (that's her username on this forum). She has offered to take down everybody's names and get something started. You may have gotten over it and moved on, but there are soooo many other unsuspecting people who are going to be doing business with Jill Burnell this year that don't know any of this information. Do not be embarassed. Please, why not try and make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else ever again.

Until everyone stands together and decides they've had enough, this is going to continue.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

RunwayZ you keep saying NO ONE is saying the horses are abused.* But you are as well as many others.* Jill is bringing herds of horses to get USEF points, Redwine's sperm is no good (um check the # of foals on that)"

Hey hey hey, I never said any of this, I am happy with my Redwine baby! If you read my posts I have stepped up and said repeatedly that there is no horse abuse.... just no damn shelters!

I guess we will just have to wait and see who makes "the list".

Oh and no, what happened to the woman that posted "slander?"

Default Doing something constructive

For those of you that have posted that you got scammed and have "moved on", it really won't take that much effort for you to assist in putting a stop to her fraudulent activities. An hour at most. Contact me and send me copies of your contracts, cancelled checks, bank wire orders, emails etc. and I will package them for the FBI and Attorney General. After they receive the packet, you probably will get a phone call from the investigator to discuss your case, which was about 30 min for me. After that it has been nothing but me keeping track of deadlines, following through to find out what happened and then bugging them until they take the next step. I can easily set up an email list to keep everyone up to date after the case is opened. The power will be in the numbers.............

This really is the only way to put a stop to it. Getting on here and bitching about her a couple times of year is very entertaining, but it won't do any good except to maybe make you feel better after a good vent.

Quote Originally Posted by runwayz View Post
    Oh and no, what happened to the woman that posted "slander?"
    Nothing! You can't post slander. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ldaziens View Post
    Does anyone actually KNOW the husband has or inherited money?

I ask because Appsolutely looked up the new place, and it is seller financed -- meaning that poor seller is about to get completely fudged over no doubt.

My guess is that the seller got conned like everybody else, and that really sucks.
    The seller carry back was for around $250,000 if I remember right. Looking at the transfer tax, the sale was for around $490,000 - so it looks like they must have plunked down a good $250,000 in CASH.

Nice to know all of those debt are still owed, but they have that much cash laying around...

Edited to add... the new property is in the name of both the husband AND Jill. That means any liens etc one has against her can be attached to the property. They will not be able to sell the property or refinance without paying off those attached liens. In other words, even if the hubby has all of the money, Jill now has assets in her name which could be attached.

Quote Originally Posted by equinedriver View Post
    For those of you that have posted that you got scammed and have "moved on", it really won't take that much effort for you to assist in putting a stop to her fraudulent activities. An hour at most. Contact me and send me copies of your contracts, cancelled checks, bank wire orders, emails etc. and I will package them for the FBI and Attorney General. After they receive the packet, you probably will get a phone call from the investigator to discuss your case, which was about 30 min for me. After that it has been nothing but me keeping track of deadlines, following through to find out what happened and then bugging them until they take the next step. I can easily set up an email list to keep everyone up to date after the case is opened. The power will be in the numbers.............

This really is the only way to put a stop to it. Getting on here and bitching about her a couple times of year is very entertaining, but it won't do any good except to maybe make you feel better after a good vent.
    Yay, finally one tenacious bi@#h to save the day. I mean that with all due respect!

Make us proud.

Had to pee...what'd I miss?

Just as I suspected, there's two sides to every story!

This thread is great fun for sure BUT

The fact remains that she is the USEF # 1 HB Breeder
    Redwine is the # 1 HB sire, Aloha is # 3

# 1 HB Yearling in the US is by Aloha, # 8 by Redwine
    # 1 HB 3 yr old in the US is by Redwine, # 3 is by Redwine ( and looks to be owned by the person who started this thread )

The rest of you are where in the rankings?

A lot of this sounds like sour grapes. If you were all so upset then why didn't you file criminal charges against her?

I have no dog in this fight because I don't do feed and lead. Just wanted to make that clear.

"Just as I suspected, there's two sides to every story!"

Whatcha referring to Eagle74?

Quote Originally Posted by S A McKee View Post
    This thread is great fun for sure BUT

The fact remains that she is the USEF # 1 HB Breeder
    Redwine is the # 1 HB sire, Aloha is # 3

# 1 HB Yearling in the US is by Aloha, # 8 by Redwine
    # 1 HB 3 yr old in the US is by Redwine, # 3 is by Redwine ( and looks to be owned by the person who started this thread )

The rest of you are where in the rankings?

A lot of this sounds like sour grapes. If you were all so upset then why didn't you file criminal charges against her?

I have no dog in this fight because I don't do feed and lead. Just wanted to make that clear.
    WHO CARES THAT SHE IS LISTED AS #1HB. NO ONE BUT JB.
    Again, what do the above statistics have to do with her criminal activity and the fact that she rips people off left and right? Nothing!

1 members found this post helpful.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

These threads are so much FUN!

Rewind: racehorse gal with 3.2 acres in No Cal is shrewd looking at the bizarre world of "hunter breeding" in NA. Shrewd racehorse gal get's partner and then a hapless dressage breeder sent to find first stallion. No need to again comment said stallion had been marketed and not sold for about a year...in Europe.

Shrewd racehorse gal has done her homework! Pretty sells! Partner and racehorse gal buy horse! First stallion! Only partner sues not THAT long after...oh darn, forget what bugged the "partner"....the beginning....

Oh lord....I was living in No Cal at the time....flags flapping then.

Love the posts by those with ...what ? Total of 11 posts? The posse!

Anyone remember the photos from the Inspection at JB's "farm"? Oh those vanished REALLY fast when it was creepy evident how NOT a little horse paradise the "farm" was.

I have always said ...JB a marketing genius...only wish/ hope it could be directed AWAY from living creatures!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by eagle74 View Post
    ...I've been to GFF 6 times in the last 5 months ( see attached photos ) and have seen zero evidence of any abuse or mistreatment of any Horse... I can't vouch for the inside of the house as I never went in but to be honest, it isn't anyone's business but Jill's!
    "Mike". You stated above that you have never been inside the house. However - when Jill is preparing a biological product (in this case, semen) in what is obviously a non-sterile area - heck, it's not even CLEAN - then yes, the condition of her "lab" IS the business of the breeders purchasing the semen she ships to them.

The photos of the inside of the house were verified as being her house by registration papers & letterhead which appear earlier in this thread.

I have no dog in this fight, I speak from being acquainted with Thoroughbred breeding farms. Their labs - which they mainly use to view the motility of sperm or look at the quality of stallions' semen, since TB breeding is live cover - are immaculate.

Screw the wine.... I'm ready for a margarita! I have no other comment. Commence in my entertainment...

[QUOTE=Daventry;6509752]

And to the person who said they didn't think Redwine's conception rate was an issue...I have heard privately from an overwhelming number of people with open mares. But I have no idea what the total number is and if it's even relevant as it is likely human error after seeing the lab.
    QUOTE]

I thought it was very fishy that my mare caught on our first shipment of Apiro semen in 2008, and then in 2009 I tried three times with Redwine and had no luck. Each cycle was uneventful and normal.
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

And for those of you now on the topic of the "lovely" ranch. Do you even have a clue?

Again, enraged hormones spewing inaccuracies

Idaziens, why wouldn't you be pissed off at the Mortgage Companies for allowing this to go on? It's perfectly legal! I'll beat you to your next attack, I've owned my home since 1989 and have never missed a payment! Like I said before, Tom Sullivan did it and claimed it's a business decision.

Why do you care, are you owed money? Then have your day in court and get it settled!

http://chasehomefinancesucks.com/201...st-you-and-me/

Quote Originally Posted by equinedriver View Post

And I have offered my Equine Appraisal services free of charge to anyone who may need it.

So here are two people who have nothing to do with this willing to step up. Hopefully it is enough encouragement for the rest of you to get on your feet and band together!! These once a month JB threads have been fun, but eventually, I gotta get some work done!
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com