The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 191 of 224 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4466

The pictures of that poor mare actually made me cry. Who or what could actually do that to a living, breathing animal? I will pray tonight for the ones that have not yet found their way out of her care. In the meantime.....bid, bid & donate!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeacab View Post
    For those of you who don't know the geography around here, one would have to drive PAST UC Davis Vet Hospital, for another 1/2 hr. to reach this vet. Davis is 90 miles from Marin. Can Jill really have turned off every vet from here to the Sierra? That would be quite an accomplishment.
    More like she probably owes all of them money with zero intentions of paying them

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    Wonder who the other mares are only listed by nicknames.

"Blackie"... I see 3 black mares on her site: Pop Tart, Denay, and Resist Me Not.

Granted she could have others that aren't on her site. I assume as the case progresses it will be updated. Makes me wonder who the bay horse was that was first pictures on the story.
    It's not Pop Tart. She is at her home in Ohio where she has resided since she was born. I'm still looking for her imaginary 2012 and 2013 foals:-)!

11 members found this post helpful.

She deserves to rot for doing this to these animals. That poor mare...it's always a shock to see, even while knowing what body score numbers do look like.

Personally, I am doubting the vet story given by JB and her so-called "attorney." No vet would let this go.

I also want to extend a heartfelt THANK YOU to the one(s) that turned her in. Well done!! Now to pray justice is served...
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

My tummy hurts now....I just want to give her some feed, hay and a bath....that poor thing..

SH

I'm so upset I double posted....sorry...

SH

Here's Devil's Sis's foal from last year, if it is actually last year. The little bit of the mare you can see in the picture doesn't look bad, so this decline has been since then.

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/radiant.htm

Default Here's some news for you--Jill's attorney to file class action lawsuit

http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...second-bid-get

"People have to be afraid of the lack of notice, the lack of procedure, that the Marin Humane Society imposes on whomever they've decided to take a dislike to," Weems said Wednesday.

She said she plans to file a class-action suit on behalf of animal owners who have had their expensive property seized and been forced to pay onerous fines."

Quote Originally Posted by Proud To Be Spotted View Post
    What in the world could her "vet", "Dr" Cheryl Ellis, possibly say in her declaration to defend against that picture?
    I wonder that as well. I am sure she will come up with some load of crap story...

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...second-bid-get

"People have to be afraid of the lack of notice, the lack of procedure, that the Marin Humane Society imposes on whomever they've decided to take a dislike to," Weems said Wednesday.

She said she plans to file a class-action suit on behalf of animal owners who have had their expensive property seized and been forced to pay onerous fines."
    that has to be a joke! She is running out of arguments to defend JB, so now she is making it against all seizures.... well good luck with that!
    Now is the time for the wronged purchasers/leasers to start their own class action suit...
    The gall!

8 members found this post helpful.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    Yikes, DMK. There has been a lot of discussion lately about what is considered "critical care" for a malnourished horse vs. one that is catastrphically malnourished and where they should go.
    No, not if you were reading for comprehension.

The funniest (not hah hah funny) thing about this is I could be at best considered the furthest thing from a supporter of JB and her blingy black stallions. They are seriously not my cup of tea* and never have been, and yet even I have to look at some of the stuff posted on this thread and shake my head in bemused wonder. Other posters coughcoughcertainbreederscoughcough are totally ruining my own long anticipated schaudenfreude with their own brand of crazy.

I do feel a bit sorry for MHS since they are a) doing their job as best as they can and b) no doubt reading this thread as evidenced by today's flurry of updates but are c) completely (blissfully) clueless to the undercurrents of agendas and krazee, posters, their alters and mini-minions. That knowledge can only come from over a decade of watching this board (up front and behind the scenes) through the oldenburg wars and the great forum shutdown (and ensuing hysteria) to today.

*possibly the most tactful statement I have ever made.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

And here's the mare in 2008. Such a shame, seems like a lovely mare. Jingles for her and the others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDmwUHoadZ0

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Again. There are 34 mares listed on the website that is still available. WHERE are all the horses? I will continue to ask this question if anyone wants to check the website. Google Grey Fox Farm Jill Burnell! Where are all the horses?
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

I cannot fathom a lawyer who is a supposed horsewomen defending JB. I really can't fathom this entire thing.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    I cannot fathom a lawyer who is a supposed horsewomen defending JB. I really can't fathom this entire thing.
    My thoughts precisely. I hope they rot in hell together.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
    Here's Devil's Sis's foal from last year, if it is actually last year. The little bit of the mare you can see in the picture doesn't look bad, so this decline has been since then.

http://www.grayfoxfarms.com/radiant.htm
    So she foaled July 6th 2012 and is due June 22, 2013? Guess fertility isn't an issue. Poor mare.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    Again. There are 34 mares listed on the website that is still available. WHERE are all the horses? I will continue to ask this question if anyone wants to check the website. Google Grey Fox Farm Jill Burnell! Where are all the horses?
    First, there is absolutely nothing to say that the website is accurate... rather the opposite. How many people have said that such and such mare has never left their care and gone to JB. So the number you state is probably not accurate. Articles have mentioned more than 2 dozens horses... 4 seized... The rest are still at the farm under supervision by MHS.
    I don't see where your problem is!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    lol a lawyer, yes....
    but a vet???????? Please local people, note the name and the clinic and steer far far away!

6 members found this post helpful.

Dr. Cheryl Ellis received both her Bachelor’s degree and DVM degree from the University of California at Davis, CA. Her professional interests include emergency stabilization and care of the equine patient, equine technical rescue and disaster preparedness and response involving equines. She is the California Veterinary Medical Association’s Disaster Coordinator for El Dorado County. Dr. Ellis also enjoys traveling to Central and South America as a member of HSVMA-FS (Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association – Field Service Division) where she volunteers her time helping care for horses in impoverished areas. Her personal interests include riding her endurance mules and helping her daughter with her Sport Pony breeding program.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    As far as we have all been able to gather, 1 stallion and 3 mares are in the care of Marin County Humane Society elsewhere. The rest of unknown number of horses are on JB's farm, or if not on that particular piece of propery have been farmed out to a variety of places with her supporters (hopefully a dwindling number of). Hopefully with the judge ruling, now twice, in favour of MCHS, it will open the door for the removal and rehoming of the rest of the horses, whether or not they are in as serious condition.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!