The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 189 of 224 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    She will blame it on others as she usually does.

The press release updated the picture they were using and that looks like Devil's Sis (head shot only).

GFF website photos

http://grayfoxfarms.com/images/devilsisnew.jpg

http://grayfoxfarms.com/images/devilsisnew3.jpg

http://grayfoxfarms.com/images/devilsisnew2.jpg

MHS photo

https://www.kintera.org/atf/cf/%7B1C...in%20Horse.jpg

https://www.kintera.org/site/c.aiIOI...yG9LGIRMuGhK3G
    Ugh, and she's in foal to RS according to the website with a due date of 6/22/13. Jingles for both her and the foal!

If the living conditions were inhumane, why didn't they take all of the horses?

And if this is true, why did they not take them all? Why are these four removed and not the rest?
    "The ruling also made very clear that there was an almost absolute lack of care for the horses who were taken, as well as for the horses still remaining, and that the Burnells are not in a position to properly care for the horses."

Quote Originally Posted by RioTex View Post
    If the living conditions were inhumane, why didn't they take all of the horses?

And if this is true, why did they not take them all? Why are these four removed and not the rest?
    "The ruling also made very clear that there was an almost absolute lack of care for the horses who were taken, as well as for the horses still remaining, and that the Burnells are not in a position to properly care for the horses."
    Don't know if it applies here, but in a previous abuse case (not involving Marin but was reported in COTH), it was easier to feed and care for the horses in place rather than to take them all away to find foster homes, etc.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Don't know if it applies here, but in a previous abuse case (not involving Marin but was reported in COTH), it was easier to feed and care for the horses in place rather than to take them all away to find foster homes, etc.
    Clearly, that would make sense. As long as the others are being monitored by MHS. And they report that they are. Less trauma for the horses too, being moved and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    No she doesn't have to contact a lawyer. All she needs to do is to call the County Clerks office in Marin County and explain that she wants to file a civil suit in Small Claims Court, and to ask what forms she needs and what other documentation she should attach to it. (She might well need an affidavit and/or a notarized signature -- that kind of thig). Obviously copies of her bills will be attached to the complaint as Exhibits.

The County Clerk's office is very helpful if you have your shit together and ask intelligent questions which they are able to answer. The only time I have seen them get testy are when a layperson expects them to do the work for him/her. (Or when an attorney, who knows better, tries to file a pleading late and comes up with some hokey, off the wall excuse why he could not have filed on time. ---- Then the clerks start acting like the DMV Nazis. )
    Even though she is in Canada? That is why I suggested the lawyer to her, rather than referring her to your earlier post with this information. If there are further hoops to jump through, a lawyer in her country should know.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

But, I still take issue with the whole photo thing. I get how there was something to people saying it was in the best interest of MHS not to be posting pics etc etc.

So now they post a pic but its of the horse's head?

ps. and if it's not one of the horses seized then don't post a pic!!!
    Last edited by horsenut93136; Jan. 16, 2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: add

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    That actually makes a lot of sense.

But, I still take issue with the whole photo thing. I get how there was something to people saying it was in the best interest of MHS not to be posting pics etc etc.

Always the critic. How about you go on down there and demand they change it to your liking. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post

After looking closely, there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind it IS one of the horses seized. Devil's Sis, not Devil's Miss as reported by COTH and other publications. Perhaps you should take a closer look yourself.

I think MHS is doing the right thing by NOT publishing more pictures at this time. Jill is a master in the art of deception and she can spin anything in her favor, so covering their rear ends is best.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeacab View Post
    Always the critic. How about you go on down there and demand they change it to your liking. Sheesh.
    seriously cab? like I'm not the only one wondering why post a head shot to make a neglect/starvation case?

and since I'm going there anyway, who took the photos for ratemyhorsepro? and why don't we see more pics of the horses? someone obviously had no fear of posting pics of the inside of her trailer and the catastrophe that surrounds it, but can't post pics of malnourished horses?

sorry again not the only one to say it and it would be really stupid in my mind for Marin to seize them and make the statements if they are untrue. But.

2 members found this post helpful.

Wonder who the other mares are only listed by nicknames.

"Blackie"... I see 3 black mares on her site: Pop Tart, Denay, and Resist Me Not.

Granted she could have others that aren't on her site. I assume as the case progresses it will be updated. Makes me wonder who the bay horse was that was first pictures on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    After looking closely, there is absolutely NO doubt in my mind it IS one of the horses seized. Devil's Sis, not Devil's Miss as reported by COTH and other publications. Perhaps you should take a closer look yourself.

I think MHS is doing the right thing by NOT publishing more pictures at this time. Jill is a master in the art of deception and she can spin anything in her favor, so covering their rear ends is best.
    Geez I felt I was pretty clear there. I was not saying it was not Devils Sis. I was saying that with the firm belief that MHS should not have to, does not owe it to anyone to post pics, then why post a pic? and a pic that does not seem to support their case. If you are going to post one pic why not make it the one that makes a lasting impression.

OK, fine, but do you really need to nitpik at the picture they posted? Again, any potentially inflamatory pictures wouldn't be unwise, in an ongoing case. MHS is being smart.
    As for RMHP, that IS is a very good question.

Quote Originally Posted by Callmeacab View Post
    OK, fine, but do you really need to nitpik at the picture they posted? Again, any potentially inflamatory pictures wouldn't be unwise, in an ongoing case. MHS is being smart.
    As for RMHP, that IS is a very good question.
    Wasn't trying to be nitpicky, but if not posting a body pic is due to upholding the integrity of their case why post any

Would be nice if someone with a RMHP connection could explain their pics. Obviously they completely support the county case. Maybe it was a county inspector.

Another story from Patch

http://sananselmofairfax.patch.com/a...glected-horses

Not sure if there is anything new in there.

At this point in time there should be no one living at the property since the county gave GFF ten days to remove the trailer and bring the property up to code.

I would think the feeding etc would be supervised by the humane organization.

I am so happy that these horses are now being looked after. Whatever the outcome for Jill Burnell, the animals have benefited from the ruckus that was raised, and hopefully the people who have been wronged will benefit as well.

That said, I am really surprised by the suspicion raised by some posters here about the fundraising.

It seems to me a really good effort to help the horses (many mares in foal) and I can understand why the people in the Sporthorse breeding business would want to help.
    I don't understand why anyone would suspect the breeders here of alterior motives when they have done so much to help. This thread is on the appropriate forum, and having followed this forum (not just this thread) for years, I have seen a whole lot of kindness and caring, and people going out of their way to help others.

The jealousy and nasty posts are few and far between (this thread being one of the exceptions).

We will find out in time what happened and until then, I am just happy to know that the ball is rolling.. If those folks who are suspicious of how the MHS spends the money(really?) or of the motives of folks who are donating to the cause (again, really? ) then just don't get involved.

12 members found this post helpful.

Pop Tart was never in Jill's possession. Nor was she ever bred to any of Jill's stallions, if my information is correct.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    Wonder who the other mares are only listed by nicknames.

"Blackie"... I see 3 black mares on her site: Pop Tart, Denay, and Resist Me Not.

Granted she could have others that aren't on her site. I assume as the case progresses it will be updated. Makes me wonder who the bay horse was that was first pictures on the story.
    Earlier in this thread, it was revealed that Pop Tart has never been in her possession. She is just selling fake in uteros from her. She also does not own Denay. The real owner was posting over on FB trying to get her horse back from JB. Don't know about Resist Me Not. The website is out of date at this point, so it could be a newer mare too.

Skydy, at one point in time, the Sporthorse Breeding Forum wasCOMPLETELY SHUT DOWN by COTH because they had surpassed a level of nastiness that couldn't be tolerated. It was touch and go for awhile whether it would be reopened. it eventually was, but with very strict reprimands to the troublemakers. If I had to guess, I would bet it also holds the record for banned posters. It has never been unicorns and rainbows here! Very good info to be found, but you must know who you are listening to...
    Laurie

4 members found this post helpful.

The nastiness is very nearly getting to that level again.
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I think it's safe to say there are a few mares on the website not currently in her possession or perhaps never in her possession. (My personal favorite is the one shown as "sold" back to her owner!) Clearly ethical business practices and fair representation are not her strong suite. But that hasn't been a surprise to me for a few years and isn't a surprise to anyone now.

As for the rest of the horses, I do not know where anyone gets the idea that the MHS is keeping them there and supervising feeding because that is easier than seizing them? Again, reality based environment - they seized 4 horses. The seizure was upheld and a status hearing is scheduled for May 31, 2013 (I swear this thread reminds me of nothing so much as watching Fox news). The remaining horses are in JB's care, custody and control. No doubt MHS is making frequent visits to ensure their condition does not deteriorate and that food and water is available, but it's not their right or obligation to pay for the food or provide shelter. Except for the fact somebody is watching, they are still her horses, to sell or keep so long as she can provide care.

Is there any validation/report/link about 10 days to get the property up to code? That probably has more bearing on the final disposition of the horses than anything MHS can/will do.
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

2 members found this post helpful.