The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 185 of 224 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4466
  1. #3681
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2000
    Location
    Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?
    Posts
    23,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDE Driver View Post
    RE: this statement...
    "3. She doesn't do the above in X time frame and MHS seizes all the horses, sells them ... eventually and any money in excess of what they are owed for care and management is returned to Jill.
    "


    Pertaining to the people that have judgements against her for money owed would the "excess" not be used to pay those judgements?

    I have no idea how that all works but was just curious.
    Yes, just as if she sold the horses, but it's not the MHS' job (or legal right) to pay that money to the creditors. Unless there is a bankruptcy in play, I believe it is JB who is obligated to pay her creditors (probably the best thing for this whole mess and everyone involved would be a bankruptcy filing/trustee management).
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.


    2 members found this post helpful.

  2. #3682
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2000
    Location
    Goochland, VA
    Posts
    8,565

    Default

    Can you PLEASE just accept that you don't know the circumstances and STOP speculating? You are just talking to hear yourselves talk. It changes nothing and is putting out there as fact things that aren't even pertinent to the case! The people ACTUALLY INVOLVED may or may not post the truth as things evolve. But that is THEIR CHOICE!

    As far as judgements go, a simple judgement for a specified amount does nothing for the holder of the judgement. A judge then has to rule how, or if, you go about collecting ( wage garnishment, seizure of assets, etc.). It doesn't happen automatically and I haven't seen anyone who holds a judgement state that they have access to any of the GFF holdings. That is why it is SO important that everyone who is owed by her at least get a judgement against her. If/when the horses and property are seized, there needs to be a piece of paper saying you are entitled to some of it. Otherwise, it will all be dispersed with no regard for money owed.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com


    11 members found this post helpful.

  3. #3683
    Join Date
    Dec. 19, 2005
    Location
    Some where in the middle of nowhere.
    Posts
    3,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post

    As far as judgement s go, a simple judgement for a specified amount does nothing for the holder of the judgement. A judge then has to rule how, or if, you go about collecting ( wage garnishment, seizure of assets, etc.). It doesn't happen automatically and I haven't seen anyone who holds a judgement state that they have access to any of the GFF holdings. That is why it is SO important that everyone who is owed by her at least get a judgement against her. If/when the horses and property are seized, there needs to be a piece of paper saying you are entitled to some of it. Otherwise, it will all be dispersed with no regard for money owed.
    This
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"


    2 members found this post helpful.

  4. #3684
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,003

    Default

    LaurieP, I get your point but please stop yelling at people.

    This case is a big deal to the horse world in general. Why is it so wrong that people want to discuss it? Of course we lack facts. Lacking facts does not stop any thread from happening. Because you know facts and want to stomp around and say no one else is allowed to discuss it is not helping.


    13 members found this post helpful.

  5. #3685
    Join Date
    Feb. 13, 2007
    Location
    Down on the Farm
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Darn her for not being able to schedule her life in a manner that you seem to think shows she is doing the right thing.
    She has hired a lawyer who I assume is in CA to handle it. To me that would make far much more sense than jumping on a plain and making a scene at MHS.
    He's been there for 2 weeks now, and yes, we know about her "lawyer". More than adequate time to find out how the horse is. If she cannot update fine, maybe she should change her FB message then.

    I'm not questioning if she is doing the right thing, my point was that I'm not sure if I believe that money has actually changed hands. Only saying what I would do if I was the legal owner of that horse. Jeesh.



  6. #3686
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2004
    Location
    King, NC
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Molly99 View Post
    This!!!!

    By a quick count the auction bids are over 10k for THREE horses that were seized due to body score! Plus whatever was donated directly! That is an amazing response.

    I just hope hope many of you have also donated towards the MANY other horses that have been seized from much worse situations! Think what that amount of money could do for those 30+ horses.

    I know where I have chosen to send my money!
    I disagree, as someone completely outside the sport horse breeding world I think it is refreshing to see them take care of their own! From my own work in rescue I know a group NEVER gets as much in donations as it spends on seizures.... and I am amazed that the community has responded so well and so quickly.

    As this case drags on and on and on and the mares foal etc... any that DO go to auction will have had their return to health paid for by folks who may or may not ever get one dime but who are repaid in the simple fact that it helps HORSES.

    Anyone doing this much work for the possibility that they might get a chance to maybe bid at an auction that may or may not occur as a straight up bidding event..... is playing really bad odds.

    Also, those on the East Coast who could foster but are too far away, check in on those Morgans! I'm sure help is going to be needed there and sounds like more well-bred, pregnant mares and unhandled youngsters that could use a hand up.

    I'm going to go bid on the horseshoe in the auction now, since I don't think I could use a stallion breeding on my parrots! LOL

    ETA:
    Ooooh, parrot books!!
    Last edited by Chester's Mom; Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: add a statement
    HaHA! Made-est Thou Look!


    8 members found this post helpful.

  7. #3687

    Default Auction Updates

    Auction Items Closing This Evening, Mon Jan 14 2013:
    (Note that auction closes at time indicated or 5 minutes after last bid)

    21:10:00 EST 1 Brand new, custom made 16.5" "Apache" Black Leather Browband by Jayne Schneiderhan of HPF Designs
    21:25:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Hanoverian Stallion, Cabalito
    21:40:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Cremello Thoroughbred Stallion, Guaranteed Gold
    21:55:00 EST 1 Breeding to winner's choice of any stallion of Rainbow Equus Meadows
    22:10:00 EST 1 breeding fresh or frozen to American Trakehner Association stallion, Tatendrang

    Items We Have Added Today
    1 Collegiate Saddle
    1 Autographed copy of "Unbridled injustice" book
    8 uses for 3 horses at an Indoor Arena in NOVA
    1 Book: "Australian Parrots"
    1 Book: "Eclectus Parrots"

    Tally to Date/Time of Posting

    Date Total
    Winning
    Bids
    Payments Received to Date
    (Google Checkout, PayPal or other payment commissions not deducted)
    January 10, 2013 $2,119.00 $970
    January 11, 2013 $1,775.00 $240
    January 12, 2013 $1,805.00 $240
    January 13, 2013 $1,755.00 $890
    TOTALS: $7,454.00 $2,340
    Last edited by Leg-Up; Jan. 14, 2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Changed lot number


    8 members found this post helpful.

  8. #3688
    Join Date
    Sep. 14, 2000
    Location
    Goochland, VA
    Posts
    8,565

    Default

    Trub, that would be lovely if said discussion wasn't also trashing a good person and her business. People read the speculation as fact, further disseminating bad information. How does that help anyone? There is plenty to discuss of Jill's sins and the wonderful things like the auction and the stallion owners stepping up. It also allows the people with agendas to pursue them.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com


    4 members found this post helpful.

  9. #3689
    Join Date
    Jan. 29, 2000
    Location
    Brownsburg, VA
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chester's Mom View Post
    ... I'm going to go bid on the horseshoe in the auction now, since I don't think I could use a stallion breeding on my parrots! LOL

    ETA:
    Ooooh, parrot books!!
    This made me smile. Thank you for that.
    "No matter how cynical I get its just not enough to keep up." Lily Tomlin


    5 members found this post helpful.

  10. #3690

    Default

    Thanks for the auction updates - I just made 2 bids!


    7 members found this post helpful.

  11. #3691
    Join Date
    Apr. 30, 2012
    Location
    Temecula, California
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Acertainsmile View Post
    I'll throw one more tidbit out there and be done. I find it hard to fathom that the LEAGAL owner (that is if they can prove it) of RS cannot find out any information on the horse. If I had purchased him I'd be like white on rice, probably getting on a plane with papers in hand and show up at the clinic.
    Wow this thread has gotten off track and nasty. I logged on today to see if there were any VALID updates and it's been endless pages of bashing etc.

    Where is it documented that the legal owner can't find any info? And honestly, at this point, who would want to share it here? Is anyone taking into consideration that the new owner of RS is beyond stressed out over this too? Why keep dragging anyone you can into this bashing. Let's move FORWARD and await what public facts come out. Everything else is heresay and drama.

    I'm glad to see the auction is helping. The best thing for ANY of those horses is to land safely in new homes. With such a saturated horse market as it is and people on really tight budgets, finding homes willing to take them should be the main thing here, not who else can be thrown under the bus.

    And no, I don't personally know JB or Rhonda, but am concerned for the horses. Isn't that why we're all supposed to be here?


    12 members found this post helpful.

  12. #3692
    Join Date
    Feb. 13, 2007
    Location
    Down on the Farm
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 216 Jumper View Post
    Wow this thread has gotten off track and nasty. I logged on today to see if there were any VALID updates and it's been endless pages of bashing etc.

    Where is it documented that the legal owner can't find any info? And honestly, at this point, who would want to share it here? Is anyone taking into consideration that the new owner of RS is beyond stressed out over this too? Why keep dragging anyone you can into this bashing. Let's move FORWARD and await what public facts come out. Everything else is heresay and drama.

    I'm glad to see the auction is helping. The best thing for ANY of those horses is to land safely in new homes. With such a saturated horse market as it is and people on really tight budgets, finding homes willing to take them should be the main thing here, not who else can be thrown under the bus.

    And no, I don't personally know JB or Rhonda, but am concerned for the horses. Isn't that why we're all supposed to be here?
    The supposed owner says it right on her FB page, and I believe it is also in the articles that were posted earlier. I have zero dog in this fight, I do not own a Stallion, but have been heavily involved in breeding and selling horses (some high dollar) for years.

    I havent bashed, just merely speculated on what my practices (and professionals that I have dealt with ) would do if a similiar situation were to arise. I for one will be relieved to see all of these stallions, mares and foals go into competant hands sooner than later.


    5 members found this post helpful.

  13. #3693
    Join Date
    Mar. 4, 2004
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    People buy horses sight unseen all the time. Why is a stallion owner now required to do a hands on visual inspection to be a reputable buyer? This is not an unknown creature. It is a stallion with a history.
    I agree that people buy horses sight unseen all the time, and there's nothing wrong with that. Up to the person doing the buying. However, in this situation to buy sight unseen? When there have been pictures of her "facility" posted for months, reports of her not allowing vets and shippers on the property, dead foals, lawsuits, misrepresentation, investigation by the humane society, and many, many reports from buyers of their mares and foals arriving sick/unthrifty/thin/wormy/without papers/etc, etc, etc? No way in he!! would I ever buy something from that situation without me (or an agent I paid on my behalf) laying hands, eyes, vet, and camera on said animal and verifying that what I was buying was what I thought I was buying.

    And I'm in no way saying that RSF did not do this. I have no idea. I certainly hope she did, and she seems like a smart businesswoman. But as to the above quote, I think you'd have to be a fool to buy even one of those bicycles sight unseen from this situation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leg-Up View Post

    Tally to Date/Time of Posting

    Date Total
    Winning
    Bids
    Payments Received to Date
    (Google Checkout, PayPal or other payment commissions not deducted)
    January 10, 2013 $2,119.00 $970
    January 11, 2013 $1,775.00 $240
    January 12, 2013 $1,805.00 $240
    January 13, 2013 $1,755.00 $890
    TOTALS: $7,454.00 $2,340
    Awesome!
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01


    6 members found this post helpful.

  14. #3694
    Join Date
    May. 17, 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Posts
    2,195

    Default

    Is there any update on the horses? Are the 3 still at UC Davis? Any more removed from the property?

    Does anyone know the date when the $5000/day fine starts (if the property is not brought up to code)?


    2 members found this post helpful.

  15. #3695
    Join Date
    Jan. 24, 2000
    Location
    Somewhere in the Midwest
    Posts
    2,086

    Default

    Well...I won the Browband!! Who-hoo!
    Won't it look pretty on my bay horse?


    9 members found this post helpful.

  16. #3696
    Join Date
    Nov. 23, 2001
    Location
    Catharpin, Virginia
    Posts
    6,678

    Default

    Gorgeous... I was vying over that also for a black horse. Faboo...congrats.
    Last edited by sid; Jan. 15, 2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: typos


    2 members found this post helpful.

  17. #3697
    Join Date
    Sep. 2, 2005
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    12,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    I agree that people buy horses sight unseen all the time, and there's nothing wrong with that. Up to the person doing the buying. However, in this situation to buy sight unseen? When there have been pictures of her "facility" posted for months, reports of her not allowing vets and shippers on the property, dead foals, lawsuits, misrepresentation, investigation by the humane society, and many, many reports from buyers of their mares and foals arriving sick/unthrifty/thin/wormy/without papers/etc, etc, etc? No way in he!! would I ever buy something from that situation without me (or an agent I paid on my behalf) laying hands, eyes, vet, and camera on said animal and verifying that what I was buying was what I thought I was buying.
    We are talking about a breeding stallion here not say a top level jumper whose value is determined on him performing wonderful athletic endeavors when he gets to his new home.

    Purely guessing but I would suspect the breeder who purchased this horse expected him to show up in a less than stellar condition.

    Quarantine, good feed and good care can turn that around as long as he can still breed mares.


    1 members found this post helpful.

  18. #3698
    Join Date
    Feb. 13, 2007
    Location
    Down on the Farm
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    I would say that "less than stellar condition" might be the understatement of the year at this point. I don't believe that we are talking about a horse in the 4 or 5 figure price range either. I've personally witnessed how 6 figure horses are sold, and yes, some of them were breeding stallions, that is the part of the reason I shake my head and have the questions that I do.
    Last edited by Acertainsmile; Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:20 AM.


    3 members found this post helpful.

  19. #3699

    Default Auction Updates

    Auction Items Closing This Evening, Tue Jan 15 2013:
    (Note that auction closes at time indicated or 5 minutes after last bid)

    21:10:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Half Welsh (Welsh/Thoroughbred) Stallion, Halcyon Perfect Tenn
    21:25:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Knabstrupper stallion, Colorado Skrødstrup
    21:40:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Welsh Section A Stallion, *Rhoson Agano
    21:55:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Imported Welsh stallion, Telynau Jacobite
    22:10:00 EST 1 dose of Frozen Semen - Hanoverian stallion, Fielding

    Items We Have Added Today
    Sanoran Symphony 29" x 18" Print (US SW)
    Sanoran Symphony 29" x 18" Print (Yellowstone)
    Two brand new kitchen dish towels, embroidered with a Welsh Pony design

    Tally to Date/Time of Posting

    Date Total
    Winning
    Bids
    Payments Received to Date
    (Google Checkout, PayPal or other payment commissions not deducted)
    January 10, 2013 $2,119.00 $970
    January 11, 2013 $1,775.00 $240
    January 12, 2013 $1,805.00 $575
    January 13, 2013 $1,755.00 $990
    January 14, 2013 $2,980.00 $80
    TOTALS: $10,434.00 $2,855


    4 members found this post helpful.

  20. #3700
    Join Date
    Jul. 19, 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Leg-Up View Post
    Auction Items Closing This Evening, Tue Jan 15 2013:
    (Note that auction closes at time indicated or 5 minutes after last bid)

    21:10:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Half Welsh (Welsh/Thoroughbred) Stallion, Halcyon Perfect Tenn
    21:25:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Knabstrupper stallion, Colorado Skrødstrup
    21:40:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Welsh Section A Stallion, *Rhoson Agano
    21:55:00 EST 1 Breeding to the Imported Welsh stallion, Telynau Jacobite
    22:10:00 EST 1 dose of Frozen Semen - Hanoverian stallion, Fielding

    Items We Have Added Today
    Sanoran Symphony 29" x 18" Print (US SW)
    Sanoran Symphony 29" x 18" Print (Yellowstone)
    Two brand new kitchen dish towels, embroidered with a Welsh Pony design

    Tally to Date/Time of Posting

    Date Total
    Winning
    Bids
    Payments Received to Date
    (Google Checkout, PayPal or other payment commissions not deducted)
    January 10, 2013 $2,119.00 $970
    January 11, 2013 $1,775.00 $240
    January 12, 2013 $1,805.00 $575
    January 13, 2013 $1,755.00 $990
    January 14, 2013 $2,980.00 $80
    TOTALS: $10,434.00 $2,855
    Super, thanks for sharing! Looks like some folks are kind of slow on paying. Hard to donate the funds if they aren't collected. :-(

    Love seeing new items added ... I'm off to bid!!

    Thanks for all your efforts!


    3 members found this post helpful.

Similar Threads

  1. Jill Burnell Gray Fox Farms - FACTS THREAD
    By ldaziens in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 263
    Last Post: Aug. 20, 2014, 09:56 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan. 20, 2013, 11:41 AM
  3. Marketing/Business Plans for the Equine related business?
    By two sticks in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun. 13, 2012, 04:44 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Jun. 12, 2012, 06:03 PM
  5. They bred Jill??????????
    By equinedriver in forum Eventing
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: Aug. 24, 2011, 11:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness