The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 181 of 224 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4466

ps the high drama being pushed by SO's right now does seem like an agenda. Wouldn't they love it if all the stallions were seized and had to be put to auction and placed where THEY want them to go....

hmmmmmm

ps as soooo many have pointed out the horses were not starving previously so I really doubt the state would have thought anything but above, that there is a lynch mob on COTH. And I also think that all this negativity not being directed where it should is a turnoff to folks that might have wanted to donate but don't like the atmosphere. Could you imagine if this was a thread of fact and people stuck to commenting on the facts. Would look a whole lot more enticing to help.

5 members found this post helpful.

COTH at its best is a powerful and wonderful thing. At its worst, COTH gives me a giant headache and makes me head for the aspirin bottle. Can we please stop with the speculation, backbiting, innuendoes and keep this thread on track?

For those who do not want anything on the auction site, please consider a donation to Marin County Humane Society. They have a place on their online donation form for a note where you can state that you wish the funds to go towards the case against GFF.

Marin Humane Society Donations:
    https://www.kintera.org/site/c.aiIOI...0J9MULlIXKjOaF

If you are breeding, please consider the offerings at the auction:

Marin Humane Society Fundraiser:
    http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

8 members found this post helpful.

Summit Sporthorses I agree with you entirely. Simple little things to check or have a trusted friend check. Then guess what, people make or should make wiser choices in where they spend their money. After all that's our choice.

As far as taking the reins and bolting with things like Craigslist and auctions, well last I checked those horses on CL and auctions weren't selling for 10k and up. They weren't going to CL and auctions with a shiny website full of promises. Buying one for 10k and above to give it an upgrade is laughable.

I personally don't pay any attention to the in house fighting and speculation. I simply stated some things we could all do as breeders to make sure the good people stay in business and the bad people don't stay for very long. Thus hoping people don't start speculating with living breathing creatures. But oh no that got taken out of context as did my quote. I don't know RSF. So at this point all I can do is wish them luck in getting a healthy horse home.

For me it is all about the horses. I only breed if I have everything right in my life and see me supporting a foal from conception to under saddle. To give them everything they need as a growing athlete. And I only give my money to people who do right by their animals and customers.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    And if there are not enough LONG term foster homes near Marin, there are plent of us hear in the East and around the country who I suspect could foster. I for one have room,... Clearly this would not be good for late term mares. But for the cost of shipping, some could find good foster care out of state. Though I don't know if Marin would agree to foster out of state. Perhaps, with affiliated rescues doing the screening for foster homes out of state that could happen. And some concerned shipping company would haul a few of them across the country as their "donation". Just thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Home Again Farm View Post
    COTH at its best is a powerful and wonderful thing. At its worst, COTH gives me a giant headache and makes me head for the aspirin bottle. Can we please stop with the speculation, backbiting, innuendoes and keep this thread on track?

For those who do not want anything on the auction site, please consider a donation to Marin County Humane Society. They have a place on their online donation form for a note where you can state that you wish the funds to go towards the case against GFF.

If you are breeding, please consider the offerings at the auction:

^^^ Again, please help with your donation, or a bid.
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Dead Lame - you really make me laugh. The correspondence with the CA Veterinarian related to what was a deplorable situation AND because it involved shipping semen out of that deplorable situation. DON'T lecture me on EVA procedures or CEM - I own a stallion as I've stated before. AND I have offered breeding(s) through the program to try to help mare owners with contracts that have not been met by GFF. What have you donated? Additionally, I have a good friend who experienced HORRIFIC losses relating to using GFF.
    Making light of EVA clearly indicates to me that you don't know all the details with respect to shedding, the vaccine, etc. I would also point out to you that it is inadvisable to ship horses that have recently been or are under extreme stress.

I've stated from the beginning of this thread that the horses will pay the price and they are paying the price. I also feel that this industry likes to operate as though it wasn't a BUSINESS. And that laws and ethics are just optional for many people.

AND BIG MEA CULPA - I meant the USDA and made a mistake. I'll have to presume that you NEVER HAVE. How fabulous for you.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

6 members found this post helpful.

The krazee that is leaching from this thread is unbelievable. The funny thing is that actual reputable leaders in the equine world (vets, trainers, etc) look at this and laugh and laugh at you all...such a spectacular unawareness of how idiotic you all look.

Poor Romantic Star. Being purchased out of a terrible situation so he can go to a beautiful and well managed breeding farm with people who love and value him....effing disaster, I tell you.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazednconfused View Post
    No need to be snarky. Yes, I did in fact go back and read them. Maybe you're the one who needs to read for comprehension. Just because an attorney says they are representing someone does not make it true (and just because it's posted by RMHP doesn't make it true either). More sources than not have been corrected to indicate the attorney isn't representing Rising Star. Curious as to what your interest is so vested in here...
    Rate My Horse PRO's reporter spoke with Ms. Stavisky from Rising Star Farm on January 9, the day the news report was published. She told Rate My Horse PRO she was being represented by Maggie Weems, as it is reported here:

http://www.ratemyhorsepro.com/news/c...ues-arise.aspx

Please remember Rate My Horse PRO publishes facts, often with documents, as researched by our team.

Ms. Stavisky has our reporter's contact information if anything changes.

Safe riding.

12 members found this post helpful.

and YELLING at people REALLY HELPS!!!11!

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Dead Lame - you really make me laugh. ... DON'T lecture me on EVA procedures or CEM - I own a stallion as I've stated before. ...Making light of EVA clearly indicates to me that you don't know all the details with respect to shedding, the vaccine, etc.
    As the saying goes, on the internet, no one can tell you're a dog. I don't own a stallion - never have, never will - so clearly you're the expert here.

As a few sane people pointed out way upthread, there are plenty of humane groups in need of funds, and dealing with large seizures. I choose to spread the love elsewhere. This auction strikes me as breeders trying to pay off a humane society to conduct a seizure of desirable horses.

Flame away, I'm done.

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    I went back and looked. I've mentioned it exactly 3 times. I will stop, but I can't shake the feeling that something is "off" here.

Also, I don't dislike RSF and she does seem to have a great program, but the "under the table" support of JB is disappointing.
    And you know the purchase of the stallion is "under the table" how? What facts do you have to back it up? I find it incredible that you are willing to trash talk like you do and put a cloud over a stallion owner with an excellent reputation because of a feeling?

Come out from behind your screen name so we can assess your knowledge of the situation and your cowardly accusations based entirely on rumor and feelings.

Yes, you are allowed to have an opinion, but make it YOUR OWN, and not the opinion of a screen name. Stand behind what you are saying, and admit who you are. THEN we can judge the validity of what you say.

PS: If you are not "man" enough to come out of hiding, then we will all know what you are, even if we do not know who you are.
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

4 members found this post helpful.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    This thread is approx. 2% fact and the rest speculation, nastiness and BS. Oh and the links to auction are good too.
    I beg to differ - LP - some of us DO know facts. The fact is that the jig was up a long time ago. Those of us know the beginning, the middle and the end (one hopes). You are not a really "disinterested" party. Several years ago a deal to "handle" the JB progeny was made with your operation,then my visit to a Sacramento breed show where you and Junior out "handling" JB offspring and you all protested that her then location was a "fine" establishment? No it was not - the Petaluma place was a mess but not as much a mess as the current location. There was the infamous video of the inspection at her "farm" - even then it was obvious that something NQR. I don't have a dog in this fight - never bred to a JB stallion, and don't care how RSF got dibs on Romantic Star - poor thing! But I AM interested in setting this whole debacle straight - the facts of JB questionable operation have not been secret for quite some time. Nope, and I feel sorriest for the mare owners who sent their mares to her without doing a thorough backround check.
    Again, may all the horses land safely, may JB be put out of business, may the stallions that need gelding get gelded.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    And you know the purchase of the stallion is "under the table" how? What facts do you have to back it up? I find it incredible that you are willing to trash talk like you do and put a cloud over a stallion owner with an excellent reputation because of a feeling?

Come out from behind your screen name so we can assess your knowledge of the situation and your cowardly accusations based entirely on rumor and feelings.

Yes, you are allowed to have an opinion, but make it YOUR OWN, and not the opinion of a screen name. Stand behind what you are saying, and admit who you are. THEN we can judge the validity of what you say.

PS: If you are not "man" enough to come out of hiding, then we will all know what you are, even if we do not know who you are.
    I THINK the point is that if a purchase done before the seizure, it put money into the hands of Jill. I THINK that many of us would like to not see one penny go to JILL as those pennies don't and have not guaranteed care of the horses, payment of past due bills for vet services or feed. I THINK that is the point .
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    I THINK the point is that if a purchase done before the seizure, it put money into the hands of Jill. I THINK that many of us would like to not see one penny go to JILL as those pennies don't and have not guaranteed care of the horses, payment of past due bills for vet services or feed. I THINK that is the point .
    Wow - really?? I'm pretty sure that none of you has an ounce of say in how two parties work out a sales transaction and the details around it. Nor do any of you (or me!) have any idea what the details of that transaction were.

And let me make sure I understand this - someone purchased a stallion - which is AFAIK, how this business works - and that upsets people. And b/c of that, people on this board feel the need to drag a responsible breeder's name through the mud even though all she did was purchase a really nice stallion that is a good fit for her breeding program and will allow him to be accessible to mare owners. The shock and horror of it all.

THe alternative being..wait, what was it again? Oh, I know, leave them in a less than ideal situation while hoping and waiting for the humane society to seize him? Where what - people were hoping they might be able to get them at bargain basement prices? Vomit and more vomit.

I THINK many of you should probably get your priorities in order and concentrate on the bad guy here. Because it sure isn't Rising Star Farm. Don't like what she did? Coolio - don't breed to Romantic Star. Since most of the vitriol seems to be coming from other stallion owners (jealous maybe?), I doubt that will prove to be a major problem.
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nycjumper View Post
    Wow - really?? I'm pretty sure that none of you has an ounce of say in how two parties work out a sales transaction and the details around it. Nor do any of you (or me!) have any idea what the details of that transaction were.

And let me make sure I understand this - someone purchased a stallion - which is AFAIK, how this business works - and that upsets people. And b/c of that, people on this board feel the need to drag a responsible breeder's name through the mud even though all she did was purchase a really nice stallion that is a good fit for her breeding program and will allow him to be accessible to mare owners. The shock and horror of it all.

THe alternative being..wait, what was it again? Oh, I know, leave them in a less than ideal situation while hoping and waiting for the humane society to seize him? Where what - people were hoping they might be able to get them at bargain basement prices? Vomit and more vomit.

I THINK many of you should probably get your priorities in order and concentrate on the bad guy here. Because it sure isn't Rising Star Farm. Don't like what she did? Coolio - don't breed to Romantic Star Since most of the vitriol seems to be coming from other stallion owners (jealous maybe?), I doubt that will prove to be a major problem. Many of us have been following the JB saga for a long time and trying to "raise" questions. That you own stallions? Hurrah. Love the name of the farm

And guess what - I own stallions Apparently that makes me more qualified?
    I think highly of RSF and am a fan of her stallions. I was trying to explain why some may have raised an issue - that's all. My post wasn't vitriol friend, it was a response to LH post. That is all. Hope to breed to one of RSF stallions this year or next. And Coolio? Really? Ha hahahahahaahah

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    I own a stallion as I've stated before.
    Yes, you've stated that before.
    And before
    And before
    And before
    And before....

20 members found this post helpful.

I think highly of RSF and am a fan of her stallions. I was trying to explain why some may have raised an issue - that's all. My post wasn't vitriol friend, it was a response to LH post. That is all. Hope to breed to one of RSF stallions this year or next. And Coolio? Really? Ha hahahahahaahah
    The vitriol wasn't necessarily coming from your post but there is no shortage going around.

And I was simply trying to explain that whether or not anyone "likes" the fact that a stallion was purchased, it really is 100% irrelevant. And sorry, I find it suspicious that the biggest complaints I read are from other stallion owners and seem to center around the fact that the stallion was purchased before he could be confiscated (and probably sold on the cheap). Speaking of shady things...

Rising Star Farms has great stallions. If I were back in the US, and had mares instead of stallions, there are quite a few I would look at in her lineup. Good luck with your breeding plans.
    Visit us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ranchopampa or our website at www.ranchopampa.com

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Lame View Post
    As a few sane people pointed out way upthread, there are plenty of humane groups in need of funds, and dealing with large seizures. I choose to spread the love elsewhere. This auction strikes me as breeders trying to pay off a humane society to conduct a seizure of desirable horses.

Flame away, I'm done.
    This!!!!

By a quick count the auction bids are over 10k for THREE horses that were seized due to body score! Plus whatever was donated directly! That is an amazing response.

I just hope hope many of you have also donated towards the MANY other horses that have been seized from much worse situations! Think what that amount of money could do for those 30+ horses.

I know where I have chosen to send my money!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    And that's just it! So many people do not know the real story, and unfortunately, those that do know are not allowed to comment at this time. While there have been a few hints thrown out there, the real story is likely not going to come out for a few months....or longer, depending on how long it takes to settle all of this and the investigation is finished.

In the meantime while theories and speculations are flying :

I felt this was worth repeating!
    http://www.mariposasporthorses.com/

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

1 members found this post helpful.

I beg to differ - LP - some of us DO know facts. The fact is that the jig was up a long time ago. Those of us know the beginning, the middle and the end (one hopes). You are not a really "disinterested" party. Several years ago a deal to "handle" the JB progeny was made with your operation,then my visit to a Sacramento breed show where you and Junior out "handling" JB offspring and you all protested that her then location was a "fine" establishment? No it was not - the Petaluma place was a mess but not as much a mess as the current location. There was the infamous video of the inspection at her "farm" - even then it was obvious that something NQR. I don't have a dog in this fight - never bred to a JB stallion, and don't care how RSF got dibs on Romantic Star - poor thing! But I AM interested in setting this whole debacle straight - the facts of JB questionable operation have not been secret for quite some time. Nope, and I feel sorriest for the mare owners who sent their mares to her without doing a thorough backround check.
    Again, may all the horses land safely, may JB be put out of business, may the stallions that need gelding get gelded.
    Look. Let me be VERY CLEAR HERE. You don't know what you are talking about (as usual). DO NOT respond to anything I say. I DO NOT want to have any engagement with you. Period.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com