The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 171 of 224 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    Shauna ~ we all make mistakes and I can understand your remorse. But now you can rest easy since you informed the previous stallion owner. Sigh....
    I do not get your point other than being rude!

I highly doubt the vast majority of people who (to use your term) supported JB in the past did it having a clue what type of person she was/is.

It is fair to allow people to not believe simple gossip (which is what it was back then) and make their own observations, etc.
    If we (horse people) always believe ever bit of gossip there would not be any BO/trainer/HO who was good enough to do anything with a horse because there is not a single person who does not have someone who is saying something about them.

Move on. Stop pouncing on people for being taken in the past.

19 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBalls View Post
    Thanks Elaine ~ It is very easy for me to keep track. I am very supportive of NA Breeders and have seen many come and go, reinvent themselves, and turn on each other like junkyard dogs.
    I feel very bad for those who have offspring from these stallions as all this negative attention has people turning the other way at the mere mention of their progeny's sire. Many are coming of age to perform, so hopefully that will help.
    That is my worry Bill.. I am finally showing my guy this coming year and I really hope this mess doesn't go over into the show ring, but I have a bad feeling it will. But I do have to say on a positive note my family helping out the horses. We are not involved in the mess in anyway, only that we have owned TBs for years and I have shown since I was a kid. And I have one of the offspring of one of the sires. I was pleased to hear they are willing to help the horses out.

1 members found this post helpful.

FWIW, I was originally supportive of JillB when she first brought in Redwine, and in fact, sent several mare owners her way (big dressage mares who needed to be put to a smallish stallion - and the owners were fixated on black ). That was before it become common knowledge what a fraud she was - it took a while for things to percolate up to the surface because folks were afraid to say anything.

4 members found this post helpful.

I think it's fair to remember what a web of words, and the way those words are presented, come from Jill. She may be an absolute nutcase, but she knows how to swindle and SOUND perfectly normal. Even those who may have known or heard from others that she was not one to do business with were easily sucked in.

As an aside, two of the stallions I hope remain intact. The other two really ought to be gelded. That's just my opinion.

And, yes, I will donate. Either I will win an auction, or I will send an amount. I am one who questioned the sale of Romantic Star initially, BUT he is going to a fabulous new home where he will be cared for. He has always been a horse that I watch/enjoy/covet, and I will do what I can to support the people and organization helping him. Even if only by way of the auction and donation.
    Last edited by Kenike; Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Autocorrect struck again
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

keeping it about the horses...Go to the Auction page and DONATE!

When does it become clear someone is a nutcase? At what point do you come to a BB and denounce a person because you don't like the way they do things related to the animals? Being stiffed. Well if you're a one mare owner and all around are people getting their breedings and certs, we all know who will get flamed. The newbie who has a "crap" mare. Oh and then you throw into the mix being threatened with legal action and why the hell would you say a word. Maybe quietly but never in writing. And never so it can get back to you.

So while I can appreciate your frustration Bill, I don't think it fair to blame people for her actions. Seriously she did create this mess. Time and time again people were flamed for suggesting things weren't well. Life is tough enough without getting flamed on a BB. My lingering annoyance would be with people that now can't see facts and are helping Jill in any way. She is not getting a bad rap. If you really want to help, let things happen with MHS to get the horses safe. And of course donate if you can.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    When does it become clear someone is a nutcase? At what point do you come to a BB and denounce a person because you don't like the way they do things related to the animals? Being stiffed. Well if you're a one mare owner and all around are people getting their breedings and certs, we all know who will get flamed. The newbie who has a "crap" mare. Oh and then you throw into the mix being threatened with legal action and why the hell would you say a word. Maybe quietly but never in writing. And never so it can get back to you.

So while I can appreciate your frustration Bill, I don't think it fair to blame people for her actions. Seriously she did create this mess. Time and time again people were flamed for suggesting things weren't well. Life is tough enough without getting flamed on a BB. My lingering annoyance would be with people that now can't see facts and are helping Jill in any way. She is not getting a bad rap. If you really want to help, let things happen with MHS to get the horses safe. And of course donate if you can.

Terri
    There is not any one person to blame but JB herself. What upset me is that this is not something that just happened... it was in my opinion years in the making. When I tried to alert people 5 years ago, her posse circled the wagons, most of which have not posted on this thread ~
    I understand that it is never too late, but in this case it may have been ~ but it is what it is and I am not sure what is worse: Rose colored glasses or green-eyed envy.

Thank God for Leg-Up ~ I personally am going to support this great non-profit and encourage everyone else to do so. This flew under my radar, so some good has come out of this bringing this organization to the forefront!
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

I get your ire Bill, but I see a problem with how it comes across. 3dogs is your friend so instead of calling out her negativity you say you agree with her "geld em!" which lights up the controversy again. Cause I would love to come back with a list I'd like to geld, but that's really not helping.

Like equilibrium's statement more. . But agree turn it back to helping!
    Last edited by horsenut93136; Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typo

I know just how easy it is to loose track of everything on CoTH, so I have been building this website (this is an experiment) that can help condense the good ideas and make it easier to change some of these issues for the better. Hopefully.

Cliff Notes with the links to the auction pages ....

http://ponytaleswebsite.com/violations_USEF.html

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    The mares will be foaling very soon - Marin County is monitoring. Thank goodness.
    Agree.

And yes, everyone who can - please support the Legup auction to raise funds for Marin County HS.

Bill, please know I'm not getting at you. It's frustrating to know that maybe we all could have done more before this point. I'm guilty making bad decisions myself in trusting people I shouldn't have and giving money to someone who sure didn't deserve it. That wasn't in breeding but it sure did make me even less trusting. I made a decision a long time ago that when I breed those stallions will have to be in the country so I can see them and where they live. It's easy because I am in Ireland. But I don't just want to see the stallions I want to see the mares and young horses. We all should be able to tell the difference between a bad day and quality of care. Again these don't have to be expensive facilities, they just have to work. I am one person who doesn't breed much but I want my money going to people that try to make the industry a better place. I will use a stallion that meets mare criteria but also meets my personal views on how things should be done. So the horses must come first. All the horses not just the stallions.

I can't send much but I'm doing what little I can to help ensure these horses get a soft landing.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

7 members found this post helpful.

Auction links are not working for me ???

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    Auction links are not working for me ???
    try this one? http://www.legup-auction.org/main

Don't worry! Once they are going under saddle the majority of the folks don't follow breeding unless you are showing a stallion, especially with the hunters. Only occasionally will someone ask how one of our green hunters is bred.

Quote Originally Posted by Deardra75 View Post
    That is my worry Bill.. I am finally showing my guy this coming year and I really hope this mess doesn't go over into the show ring, but I have a bad feeling it will. But I do have to say on a positive note my family helping out the horses. We are not involved in the mess in anyway, only that we have owned TBs for years and I have shown since I was a kid. And I have one of the offspring of one of the sires. I was pleased to hear they are willing to help the horses out.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

7 members found this post helpful.

Would someone please re-post the links for donating directly to the Marin HS? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    Thanks!

sorry everytime I do the full links it breaks

http://www.legup-auction.org/main

http://www.marinhumanesociety.org

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    Don't worry! Once they are going under saddle the majority of the folks don't follow breeding unless you are showing a stallion, especially with the hunters. Only occasionally will someone ask how one of our green hunters is bred.
    You could not be further from the truth. I attend so many shows all over both schooling and AA rated... Everyone asks "How is that one bred" at least in circles I travel in. I think it's a great tribute to breeders that people are asking.
    ~ Bill Rube ~
    http://www.bydesignfarm.com
    Check us out on Facebook

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    Thanks!! I am an amateur showing by myself. So this is a big step for me. Money is very limited so if I show at the bigger shows, I am without a trainer. I also have had to bring a long my horse myself due to limited funds.