The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 166 of 224 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Your tantrum is doing a fine job of twisting things.

I do not read anything like what you are proclaiming.

I read there is worry that RSF might have hurt their reputation by the timing of this purchase. I read that there is worry that RSF might not even know their name is being tossed around. I read that RSF has nice stallions and a great operation.
    I also read people who have contracts for breedings to this stallion wondering why they were not informed about the new location/sale.
    yes I'm sorry I am having a tantrum. I feel like I have been very good a quoting the original posters so not sure why there is a question of what I take issue with.

Between isse and true colors they inferred that Rising Star might not be capable of handling the stallion and that it might hurt her reputation. I do not believe these things are helpful in getting the stallion to a good place. Tantrum ended

2 members found this post helpful.

Anyone in New Jersey who has questions about jurisdiction in this affair and wants to consult a law firm for guidance please PM me. The firm is familiar with the situation.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

As for the weather, it's common to have winds at 20 to 30 mph, and up, so it's not always temperate, as implied, it can get down right nasty, during a storm. Shelters with wind protection are a must, during the winter.

3 members found this post helpful.

I have stayed off this thread, but will say that I contacted Ronda yesterday to make sure she was aware that she had been mentioned on this thread. So, yes, she is aware (and already was). I do not know any details nor do I know if she has purchased RS or not.

What I do know is that Ronda is in FL with her young stallions to show and that she is a very smart lady (she has a Ph.D. in a science field..don't recall what right now). I am sure that there is much going on behind the scenes and that she is smart enough to stay silent on the internet regarding this situation.

I have known her, both from COTH and IRL, for a number of years and have found her to be ethical, intelligent, and loves her horses and takes very good care of them.

I am glad that the court has sided with MHS. Unbelievable how bad the "new" property looks in just a couple of months. I hope that there is some resolution before the mares start foaling.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

14 members found this post helpful.

wow, is all I could say when I saw the pictures today. Poor Horses!!!!! has the MHS done a press release yet???

Ronda updated her FB page within the last few minutes, too.

Happy for the answer, and happy he'll be in a place that cares for him (and ALL of their horses)!
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Janeway View Post
    Horsenut93136, LaurieP was not criticising Rising Star at all in her posts, IMO she was just stating facts regarding the current situation for the stallions at JB's place, and how those issues would relate to the "alleged sale" of Romantic Star.

I read nothing bashing at all about her explanations.
    I never said LaurieP ever criticized Rising Star. The posts I quoted were from isse and true colours.

Yes, Ronda just updated her FB page and here is her official statement:

The big news that I referred to on December 18th was the purchase of Romantic Star. On December 19th the vet came out to pull blood for coggins, do paperwork for the transport health certificate and administer a rabies shot. Shipping through Brook Ledge Transportation was arranged with pick-up scheduled for December 28. On December 26th, Romantic Star was injured in a fight with another stallion. Marin County Humane Society seized the stallion. Since that date, I have not had any information from Animal Control regarding his condition. I have been unable to make any updates because I do not have information. Once I have more information, I will be making updates to my Facebook page. Barring any medical complications, I intend to honor all outstanding breeding contracts to Romantic Star. Mare owners are free to contact me either by phone or email. ronda@risingstarfarm.net or 512-751-2390.
    Like · · Share · 23 · 3 minutes ago ·

If he ends up with Ronda he will be far better off than he is now...
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

15 members found this post helpful.

So she did buy him? (can't view FB from work) Very good if so!
    Last edited by Nootka; Jan. 10, 2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Thank you Hillside :)
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

1 members found this post helpful.

Glad to know he will have landed well when this is all done. I feel for her that she might have a huge vet bill to show for it.

5 members found this post helpful.

Glad to know there are better days ahead for RS... hopefully there will be for ALL the other horses too.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    Between isse and true colors they inferred that Rising Star might not be capable of handling the stallion and that it might hurt her reputation.
    Okay, I'll throw you a bone! I hate to throw isse under the bus as I find her posts intelligent and thoughtful. But I'm not sure where her comment about quarantine prior to shipping came from. All we know regarding Romantic Star is that he was sold to Rising Star prior to his seizure on the 27th. And, from Rising Star's Facebook page in mid December they were anticipating a new stallion, but still had details to work out before it was final. We don't know if the Facebook page was referencing Romantic Star or a someone else (and it's none of our business). So it is unfair for anyone to assume that they already had shipping plans for him that did or did not include safety precautions and quarantines... Or did I miss some posts and we have more info? (ETA, okay, now we know more)

true colors and anyone else speculating and considering implications of a sale do not imply anything about a farm's ability to care for a horse. Speculating and considering possibilities is the backbone of these threads. And for what it's worth, all the publicity surrounding this, along with the excellent farm that Rising Star seems to be (I don't personally know them), I think it will likely be good for business. You know the old saying, "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    I am glad that the court has sided with MHS. Unbelievable how bad the "new" property looks in just a couple of months. I hope that there is some resolution before the mares start foaling.
    Hmm, I wonder where they will foal....I didn't see a barn or foaling stalls. It appears the first foal is due 3/2/13. I also only saw 4 bales of hay in the photos for that many horses.

I looked at Rising Stars website...nice place! Romantic Star will finally be back in the kind of facility he should be in. I hope he gets through this ok, as well as all the other horses.

I love how the tried and true crazies have jumped on Ronda at the mere hint that she might have purchased a stallion in trouble. A stallion that all of the hand wringers have said needs to be protected, a new home and a better life... If Ronda has stepped up and done that then GOOD FOR HER!!!

Also good for her in not getting involved in muck flinging that has happened here. SHE IS NOT a bad stallion owner or horder --just look at the beautiful condition her horses and farm are in, her wonderful reputation as a stallion owner/businesswoman and the care she takes in selecting horses for her program.

Laurie--I could not agree with your statement more.
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    This is not a particularly hospitable bunch here, so I can understand Ronda not wanting to post her business here. She has been a well respected breeder and stallion owner for a number of years. If RS is truly going to end up with her, it is a good thing. None of us know why she is doing what she is doing. Let it play out. There may be a reason.

And as DMK pointed out to the super sleuths of CoTH--you should really learn the difference between Rising Phoenix and Rising Star Farm. So much crazy on one thread.
    Proud scar wearing member of the Bold, Banned and Bitchen clique

13 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted River View Post
    Okay, I'll throw you a bone! I hate to throw isse under the bus as I find her posts intelligent and thoughtful. But I'm not sure where her comment about quarantine prior to shipping came from. All we know regarding Romantic Star is that he was sold to Rising Star prior to his seizure on the 27th. And, from Rising Star's Facebook page in mid December they were anticipating a new stallion, but still had details to work out before it was final. We don't know if the Facebook page was referencing Romantic Star or a someone else (and it's none of our business). So it is unfair for anyone to assume that they already had shipping plans for him that did or did not include safety precautions and quarantines... Or did I miss some posts and we have more info? (ETA, okay, now we know more)

true colors and anyone else speculating and considering implications of a sale do not imply anything about a farm's ability to care for a horse. Speculating and considering possibilities is the backbone of these threads. And for what it's worth, all the publicity surrounding this, along with the excellent farm that Rising Star seems to be (I don't personally know them), I think it will likely be good for business. You know the old saying, "there's no such thing as bad publicity."
    thanks for the bone I will never believe that a SO speculating on another farm who is trying to get a stallion out of a bad situation is productive or reflects well on that SO. But, I have had enough people PM me to know that others feel that way so I won't mention that again.

sorry but I do think the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" does not always apply in the horse world as I don't think JB's business is growing from this?

but again, appreciate the bone

Well I for one am very pleased that Romantic Star will be heading off to Ronda's farm in Georgia once he's recovered. There he will have the proper care and attention he has been lacking in recent years. He's a beautiful stallion and I've only ever heard good reports of him which is why I bred him to two of my mares a couple of years ago. I have never regretted for a moment breeding to Romantic Star as both youngsters are truly lovely and have the most delightful temperaments. Romantic Star will make his come-back at Ronda's, of that I'm sure

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverbarley View Post
    Well I for one am very pleased that Romantic Star will be heading off to Ronda's farm in Georgia once he's recovered. There he will have the proper care and attention he has been lacking in recent years. He's a beautiful stallion and I've only ever heard good reports of him which is why I bred him to two of my mares a couple of years ago. I have never regretted for a moment breeding to Romantic Star as both youngsters are truly lovely and have the most delightful temperaments. Romantic Star will make his come-back at Ronda's, of that I'm sure

Agreed! I've actually never met Rhonda, even though she is my Great Aunt by marriage. I do know that her horses all get the best of care. and she truly loves each and every one of them.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    sorry but I do think the "there's no such thing as bad publicity" does not always apply in the horse world as I don't think JB's business is growing from this?
    Okay: "no such thing as bad publicity" if you have the quality and product that you claim to have.

All this publicity is sending people to GFF's website, articles, and facebook. If she had the beautiful facility and high standards of care that Rising Star appears to have (again, I don't personally know the farm, going off other people's testimony) then this would be good publicity. But of course, if that was the case, then none of these articles, etc. would be out there in the first place.

It will be good for Rising Star Farm. Her website and facebook are going to be flooded with thousands of hits. If she runs the operation people say she does, then she will gain clientele.

im just glad hes going to be out of Jill's "care". I think we can all be thankful for that

7 members found this post helpful.