The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 164 of 224 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 4466

Marin Humane Society has said that all post seizure care is being born by the Humane Society. If you would like to help out, please consider donating to, or bidding on the auction:
    http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Default The latest from MHS

Hopefully this link will work:
    http://www.marinij.com/novato/ci_223...ere?source=rss

When I was out there a couple of months ago the only 'buildings' on the property was the trailer and a cargo container. There were 4 bales of hay stacked on the ground outside the trailer and a couple in the back of the truck. Now with the rains we have had I can't believe that the truck can make it up the paths to feed up the hill as it was laid down grass before and must be mucky ruts now.

As for the piles of bikes my husband and I were shocked and figured that teh previous owner must have left them. Have since learned that the husband collects them, restores them and sells them. We are talking two piles probably 20' x 20' and 5' tall. Can't imagine having to move that mess.
    Last edited by FriesinMom; Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. From the document that is posted on Rate My Horse Pro, it says this person is Jill's vet and the clinic is located in Placeville, California. http://foothillmobilevet.com/?page_id=15 Maybe it's just that I don't know California well, but if this is the vet that is monitoring all of the horses, etc., isn't that hard to do when you live 3 hours away from Jill's farm? Did I miss something here?
    Sometimes you have to travel a few hours to find a vet that you have not stiffed so much that they are still willing to give you service.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    Did I see that she claims not to own RS any longer ... that he was sold to Ronda Stavisky (whoever she is????)

ASSuming she does not own him anymore, I'll bet she is still selling breedings! Or trying to, rather.

I'm not a stallion owner, but I'm also another one who is wondering about the silence from RSF on the purchase of a known stallion that was seized after the purchase is said to have taken place. Maybe it really WAS legit, just coincidental with the timing...

but Wellington has Internet, there are plenty of smartphones around, and the grapevine would be VERY obvious about now.

RSF's Facebook page said they were heading to Wellington six days AFTER Romantic Star was seized. She had to know. But while a hint was made on the 17th, no further mention has been made. At all. Why?

It's just a curious thing to me...
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

4 members found this post helpful.

I own Popeye who is a German Riding pony stallion. My pony stallion doesn't compete for breedings with GFF's stallions. I have nothing to gain by Jill Burnell going out of business. But having imported Popeye and having him stand at Hilltop Farm in MD - I am well aware of the level of care, custody and control that must be maintained with stallions who stand for breeding. I have been breeding for 26 years now and we follow best practices for maintainng our mares and young horses and riding horses. And I would only deal with stallion owners who do the same.
    When we have imported from Germany we follow all the FDA requirements for quarantine. When our horses travel to competitions or for training we also follow best practices with respect to shots, Coggins, Health Certificates and isolation if they are returning to our farm where we have in foal mares.
    EVA is a very serious issue and there is protocol which must be followed for ALL stallions, and specifically for stallions that shed. In my opinion thees procedures have not been followed in the GFF situation.

So horsenut93136 - you comments don't apply.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    I'm not a stallion owner, but I'm also another one who is wondering about the silence from RSF on the purchase of a known stallion that was seized after the purchase is said to have taken place. Maybe it really WAS legit, just coincidental with the timing...
    On the other side of this coin, wondering if RSF knows their name is being used in this situation?

I think we should be very careful in linking criminal activity to folks that have dealt with JB... it wont help the horses if folks are afraid to take ownership is they fear being accused of being "involved" in some way?

i also think that probably most folks legally involved will not be posting public info re all of this ....

I was just on Rising Star's facebook page which is extremely active with lots of photos, high end Stallion ad's, etc. A new up and coming horse business which is highly based off of horses from Jill's and there has never been one mention of Romantic Star being owned or purchased by Rising Star (as mentioned in the article) and I find that extremely, extremely odd considering he is a highly successful and highly well known stallion in the H/J community. If they purchased the stallion; you'd think that they'd be raving about it all over the place about the new addition. He was never mentioned in any of their new stallion ads for 2013 either. Breeding season is very quickly approaching and I find it very odd that there has beenno mention of this "purchase" from the Rising Star end of the deal. It's just very WEIRD

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    I own Popeye who is a German Riding pony stallion. My pony stallion doesn't compete for breedings with GFF's stallions. I have nothing to gain by Jill Burnell going out of business. But having imported Popeye and having him stand at Hilltop Farm in MD - I am well aware of the level of care, custody and control that must be maintained with stallions who stand for breeding. I have been breeding for 26 years now and we follow best practices for maintainng our mares and young horses and riding horses. And I would only deal with stallion owners who do the same.
    When we have imported from Germany we follow all the FDA requirements for quarantine. When our horses travel to competitions or for training we also follow best practices with respect to shots, Coggins, Health Certificates and isolation if they are returning to our farm where we have in foal mares.
    EVA is a very serious issue and there is protocol which must be followed for ALL stallions, and specifically for stallions that shed. In my opinion thees procedures have not been followed in the GFF situation.

So horsenut93136 - you comments don't apply.
    But you are implying that Rising Star cannot handle this situation. So again maybe you have another agenda. But whatever still comes across as sour grapes as people other than myself keep pointing out. But obviously your business sense tells you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    On the other side of this coin, wondering if RSF knows their name is being used in this situation?
    That's been running in my mind, too. Something just doesn't seem right in this whole thing...
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

One other loose end that worries me. In one of the articles, when describing the wounds inflicted on Romantic Star due to a fight between 2 stallions, the word "brutal" was used. These are not surface wounds that can be cleaned up with Novalsan (sp) scrub. RS obviously has deep gashes requiring immediate medical treatment.

BUT, nothing has beeen said about the other stallion. In a fight, it is not reasonable to think that one horse has such horrible wounds that the Humane Society took him up to Davis, while the other stallion remains unscathed.

The other stallion's wounds must not be as severe, but I am sure he must have incurred some marks/wounds. HOW is this stallion being treated when there is no quality water on the farm? He has obviously been left outside, in an enclsure, surrunded by electric wire, where he can roll in dirt and manure thereby infecting himself.

Do we knoiw anything about this second stallion? Do we even know who he is?
    "I used to have money, now I have horses."

3 members found this post helpful.

Stallion owner right? Nuff said.
    Oh Good Lord horsenut / Jill ... the "jealous competing stallion owner" again

You need to start singing a new tune. This one defines who has made the post every single time ... ... no matter WHAT the user name is ...

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Ok, I'm confused. From the document that is posted on Rate My Horse Pro, it says this person is Jill's vet and the clinic is located in Placeville, California. http://foothillmobilevet.com/?page_id=15 Maybe it's just that I don't know California well, but if this is the vet that is monitoring all of the horses, etc., isn't that hard to do when you live 3 hours away from Jill's farm? Did I miss something here?
    Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Sometimes you have to travel a few hours to find a vet that you have not stiffed so much that they are still willing to give you service.
    Yep - pretty interesting that her "Vet" claims to only service southern Placer County, which is 130+ miles away from the ranch. Wonder how Jill convinces them to travel so far out to her? There any many vets in her area, but FB posts indicate that they are not willing to work with her (and one sued her and is owed money).

From the vet's site
    What’s new…Expanding services to Placer County due to many recent requests, we are expanding our service area to include southern Placer County, from Roseville to Meadow Vista. Please call anytime for routine or emergency services
    Roseville is a 125 miles from Jill's. I would imagine that is a pretty hefty farm call fee!

This is not a particularly hospitable bunch here, so I can understand Ronda not wanting to post her business here. She has been a well respected breeder and stallion owner for a number of years. If RS is truly going to end up with her, it is a good thing. None of us know why she is doing what she is doing. Let it play out. There may be a reason.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

19 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helpus View Post
    One other loose end that worries me. In one of the articles, when describing the wounds inflicted on Romantic Star due to a fight between 2 stallions, the word "brutal" was used. These are not surface wounds that can be cleaned up with Novalsan (sp) scrub. RS obviously has deep gashes requiring immediate medical treatment.

BUT, nothing has beeen said about the other stallion. In a fight, it is not reasonable to think that one horse has such horrible wounds that the Humane Society took him up to Davis, while the other stallion remains unscathed.

The other stallion's wounds must not be as severe, but I am sure he must have incurred some marks/wounds. HOW is this stallion being treated when there is no quality water on the farm? He has obviously been left outside, in an enclsure, surrunded by electric wire, where he can roll in dirt and manure thereby infecting himself.

Do we knoiw anything about this second stallion? Do we even know who he is?
    Are we even sure we ought to buy the "stallion fight" story? Those photos show a property that is an absolute horse-trap - entirely plausible that Romantic Star got himself entangled in one of those junk piles.

Quote Originally Posted by daisycutter87 View Post
    A new up and coming horse business which is highly based off of horses from Jill's
    "Highly based off"? By what measure? I first became familiar with RSF a number of years ago (on these boards, actually) due to the lovely jumper stallion, Cielo B - and I fail to see a business model that is "highly based off of" horses from JB. I see a lot of imported stallions, stallions from the same breeder as Cielo, and/or older stallions with performance records.
    Unfortunately China is very hard to change ... Unless an enormous whip beats her on the back, it will never change. Such a whip is bound to come, I think. Lu Xun

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Roseville is a 125 miles from Jill's. I would imagine that is a pretty hefty farm call fee!
    What does the farm call fee matter if you do not pay your bill?

7 members found this post helpful.

Lord Helpus, what I have heard is the other stallion was injured, but Romantic Star took the brunt.

I don't know if anyone is actually saying Ronda is doing anything illegal; more that everyone is wondering if it really happened, if she knows she's being named, and that nobody actually TRUSTS what Jill and her attorney claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    Are we even sure we ought to buy the "stallion fight" story? Those photos show a property that is an absolute horse-trap - entirely plausible that Romantic Star got himself entangled in one of those junk piles.
    This. I haven't bought that story from the get go.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

3 members found this post helpful.