The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 156 of 224 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4466

I want to address the dead foal thing because it keeps coming up. Because we were speaking on a daily basis back ten, she told me that two foals had died (don't know about a third, if there really was one) within a day of each other, one from an injury, I think, and one that never thrived from time of birth. Now, her TINY property was in the middle of a residential neighborhood where I am sure you were not allowed to bury animals. So, she would have had to wait for the disposal company to come and get them. And what do you do til then? Put a tarp over them and hope they come quickly.

I am not making excuses, but having been in the horse world so long, I know that horses die when it isn't convenient for them to be buried or picked up, sometimes for a couple of days. So, I really don't think this particular story adds anything to the other, clearer evidence, of her poor husbandry.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

2 members found this post helpful.

Getting a judgement against someone will only put you in a long line of liens against that person's property, if they own any. At a certain point, there can be more liens on a property than it's worth. I know of one person who racked up three times the value of the property, and the bank wouldn't even foreclose on it, as they would then have inherited the liens on the property. After a while, it's meaningless paper, as it will never be recouped, so one has to ask "why bother?". This doesn't mean don't try, but if you learn that you're number 100 in a long line of liens, sometimes people will cut their losses and move on. This is how serial con artists work the system, and keep getting away with it. Makes you long for the old "debtor's prison".

1 members found this post helpful.

Default The FACTS are in the PUBLIC record!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixtwo View Post
    I have read all 156 pages... I've seen a lot of people saying they were wronged. I've not seen a vet on her or a feed store saying she didn't pay them.
    I've not seen any concrete evidence of any wrong doing...
    How many of you contributing to this thread has seen actual evidence?
    Oh Jesus Christo

Google “Sonoma County Grantor / Grantee index”

Once you get to the page, enter in Burnell, Jill to search what has been recorded against her. You will then find documents called “ABST JUDGMNT” that stands for Abstract of Judgement. Meaning a Judge has ORDERED her to pay. When you DO pay, then a “Release of judgement” is recorded, releasing the previous judgement. There ARE NO RELEASES to these judgements, they are still outstanding.

Here (also shown on page 10, post 200 – but you already read that right?)

“ABST JUDGMNT” means “abstract of judgment” you will find the following Grantees (person or business owed) listed there:

Rivertown Feed & Pet Country Store – A FEED STORE
    Myron Hinrichs (a veterinarian)
    Turner Reynolds Greco & O’Hara (attorneys)
    Household Financial corp. – The people that ended up foreclosing on the farm.

16 members found this post helpful.

I have read all 156 pages... I've seen a lot of people saying they were wronged. I've not seen a vet on her or a feed store saying she didn't pay them.
    All you have to do is read the Sonoma County Courts page to see the judgements.
    It shows, very clearly that the largest feed store in the area DID sue her, as well as at least one vet. Try reading the FACTS.
    Last edited by Callmeacab; Jan. 8, 2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Spelling

4 members found this post helpful.

I don't know who you are, but 98% of the horse world doesn't spend time on the COTH BB. However, most of the posters here have enumerated their evidence in private. And how do YOU know there aren't lawsuits ongoing? I suspect you are Jill or a friend, but no matter. Your disbelief in problems that the legit posters here have had matter not at all. And there are those pesky outstanding warrants that are a matter of public record...
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.

12 members found this post helpful.

Jill, you at it again? How about taking care of your horses?

16 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    There is also plenty of internet evidence out there of JB trashing others' stallions. No one here has ever posited that the Gray Fox stallions weren't worthy of breeding to. Jill's own blog tears down other breeding operations.
    I think if you went back quite a ways in the thread you would find that is exactly the case. People had to be told to leave the stallions out of it because some were bashing them. But again just saying if it was a fact thread things would be clearer.

Default PROOF

Just got copies of the recorded JUDGEMENTS AGAINST JILL BURNELL

Household Finance owed $11,002.26 Document 2008096823

Turner, Reynolds, et al owed $64,684.43 Document 2011028070 (WOW – wonder why she needed so much legal counsel? Guess they do not take horses for payment!!)

Myron Hinrichs (vet)owed $5,080.00
    Document 2011098447

Rivertown FEED owed $4,340.
    83 Document 2012004127

PROOF JILL BURNELL DOES NOT PAY JUDGEMENTS and has LOST IN COURT.

11 members found this post helpful.

Nice to see Jill is following the thread with interest. How are the bookings going for this year?

3 members found this post helpful.

JB is lucky Maggie Weems is a current USEF member, horse owner and Breeder...it is nice to be able to barter and not have to come up with cash to pay your bills.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    JB is lucky Maggie Weems is a current USEF member, horse owner and Breeder...it is nice to be able to barter and not have to come up with cash to pay your bills.
    and Kirsten Strain, who is a real estate agent, probably helped her find this out of the way property to hide at.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Just got copies of the recorded JUDGEMENTS AGAINST JILL BURNELL

Household Finance owed $11,002.26 Document 2008096823

Turner, Reynolds, et al owed $64,684.43 Document 2011028070 (WOW – wonder why she needed so much legal counsel? Guess they do not take horses for payment!!)

Myron Hinrichs (vet)owed $5,080.00
    Document 2011098447

Rivertown FEED owed $4,340.
    83 Document 2012004127

PROOF JILL BURNELL DOES NOT PAY JUDGEMENTS and has LOST IN COURT.
    I am surprised that the journalists (including the person who wrote the COTH article) thought that these judgements were not of interest to their readers.

Perhaps a more comprehensive article is in order.
    Last edited by skydy; Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Grammar

I covered $1500 worth of hot checks written by Jill Burnell when we partnered on a Redwine colt briefly, one of the two checks to IHF for Redwine as her check had bounced, the other check to GOV to register the filly I took in trade to get out of the partnership when I quickly realized the dishonestly of Gray Fox Farm's owner. Of the weanling taken in trade, Ms. Burnell sent the filly very bloated and, as a three year old now, the now-healthy filly is still undersized. She wrote hot checks to GOV and AHS, forgot to pay Peter Pletcher and John French for showing her stallions and was taken to court by both though forgot to attend the hearing, sold a crippled filly to another friend without disclosing the injury, owes money now to at least two prominent trainers, had hay delivered by a CA grower without paying him, stiffed her vet, stiffed her feed company, and has done more shady and/or incomplete business than anyone I've ever even heard of. She tends to drop any client who questions her integrity and be unreachable. She's mishandled and misrepresented an EVA-positive stallion. She does not bother to IGG test her newborn foals and her breeding environment from the photos shown in this thread is filthy. To me, this is a sign of real sociopathic behavior. I hope that Ms. Weems understands whom she is representing and I am VERY glad I've kept documentation of my dealings with Ms. Burnell of two years ago and very appreciative of GOV for helping me obtain papers for this filly when Ms. Burnell refused to send her dam's papers to GOV. I have quite a few testamonies on file from others who have been frauded by this woman so can back up some of the postings on this thread. To me, the fact that her web site has consistently mispresented her business for at least the two years I've been exposed to this mess and the fact that the web is international in reach represents internet fraud.
    Last edited by dianehalpin; Jan. 8, 2013 at 07:30 PM. Reason: spelling error

26 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    I want to address the dead foal thing because it keeps coming up. Because we were speaking on a daily basis back ten, she told me that two foals had died (don't know about a third, if there really was one) within a day of each other, one from an injury, I think, and one that never thrived from time of birth. Now, her TINY property was in the middle of a residential neighborhood where I am sure you were not allowed to bury animals. So, she would have had to wait for the disposal company to come and get them. And what do you do til then? Put a tarp over them and hope they come quickly.

I am not making excuses, but having been in the horse world so long, I know that horses die when it isn't convenient for them to be buried or picked up, sometimes for a couple of days. So, I really don't think this particular story adds anything to the other, clearer evidence, of her poor husbandry.
    this is exactly what happens... depending on how long it takes the renderer to get there the horse could be on the ground dead for over 24 hours..... i used to board at a retirement facility and oldsters died periodically and they would be there, on the ground for however long it took for the guy to get there.....

i personally think the abuse charges will be dropped and all horses returned... if people want justice to be served they will need to lawyer up and FIGHT.

Yes, Diane. Good post. It seems to me that the "culture" here from many is going to the dark side of worrying about what may get JB off the hook...so they are really playing her game.

Upward and onward. The internet is a media outlet. People get razzed all the time about stuff in the news.

I doubt that COTH members that are razzed about this, will have any impact on the outcome of this case. Piling on is a silly term and a little PC.

This is what it is and everyone here knows it. People need to stop being so afraid. Isn't that what stopped so many she abused from stepping up in the first place. This is not the time for weakness, but at time for strength and no wimpiness. Your thread just made that very clear to those who need to hear the bottom line, again.

BTW..."sociopaths", which it seems to me JB is always find a team of enablers that allows them to continue their bad deeds. For to expect for them to suddenly "see the light" is unrealistic. Very tangled, this stuff is.

My prayers go out every night for these horses, that justice will be done for them and all those that got sucked into the dark side of horse breeding, but did not know that they were.

She's a master of deceipt. Let's just hope the courts see that, with back up from those who paid the price for her ILLEGAL activities.

5 members found this post helpful.

There is a third prominent trainer who showed one of the stallions fairly extensively for her. He was also stiffed, but I am not comfortable outing his name without permission.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

1 members found this post helpful.

I don't know about "abuse" charges, but criminal fraud sounds like it may well be within reason with this person.

Sid, the piling on comments are addressed to those who don't actually have any dealings with her, but just come on here to add hearsay, or huff and puff. Which is fine, but it a) doesn't add useful proof and b) gives the wrong impression of a lynch mob to those only casually aware of the situation. REAL fraud or theft, withREAL PROOF, is what is needed to go forward with any legal proceedings.

Chad, John, Peter. No secrets there.
    Laurie

Quote Originally Posted by dianehalpin View Post
    I covered $1500 worth of hot checks written by Jill Burnell when we partnered on a Redwine colt briefly, one of the two checks to IHF for Redwine as her check had bounced, the other check to GOV to register the filly I took in trade to get out of the partnership when I quickly realized the dishonestly of Gray Fox Farm's owner. Of the weanling taken in trade, Ms. Burnell sent the filly very bloated and, as a three year old now, the now-healthy filly is still undersized. She wrote hot checks to GOV and AHS, forgot to pay Peter Pletcher and John French for showing her stallions and was taken to court by both though forgot to attend the hearing, sold a crippled filly to another friend without disclosing the injury, owes money now to at least two prominent trainers, had hay delivered by a CA grower without paying him, stiffed her vet, stiffed her feed company, and has done more shady and/or incomplete business than anyone I've ever even heard of. She tends to drop any client who questions her integrity and be unreachable. She's mishandled and misrepresented an EVA-positive stallion. She does not bother to IGG test her newborn foals and her breeding environment from the photos shown in this thread is filthy. To me, this is a sign of real sociopathic behavior. I hope that Ms. Weems understands whom she is representing and I am VERY glad I've kept documentation of my dealings with Ms. Burnell of two years ago and very appreciative of GOV for helping me obtain papers for this filly when Ms. Burnell refused to send her dam's papers to GOV. I have quite a few testamonies on file from others who have been frauded by this woman so can back up some of the postings on this thread. To me, the fact that her web site has consistently mispresented her business for at least the two years I've been exposed to this mess and the fact that the web is international in reach represents internet fraud.
    Here ya go people, Documented proof, nice job Diane. I have a Redwine gelding, who was bred in Germany Before JB imported the stallion. He is on the AA circuit now competeing in the Pregreen 3'3" incentive program, SO I do have an interest in seeing Redwine's name cleared of JB, if at all possible. (and his picture taken off her website).