The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 151 of 224 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 4466

Default Me a house guest?! haha - I think not

I was there a couple of months ago to pick up young stock for a client. I prefer to sleep in a small trailer only when I am camping in the Sierras with my horses, husband and dogs (not in that order).

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    And you ARE? Houseguest, perhaps

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    Have you seen the pics of the horses sold to MO?? They arrived looking very healthy. If they weren't I think the trip would have taken a bigger toll. I don't think she is selectively starving horses.

I think lack of funds at this point would lead to that problem.
    The horses that went to MO shipped 6 months ago. From their FB page it looks like those horses arrived on July 4.

Default The latestproperty with stallions and mares, as of Oct 2012

In Petaluma, CA. well really Marin County since the MHS is involved. I just think of that area as still being in Petaluma which is Sonma county

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    What property ?

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    The horses that went to MO shipped 6 months ago. From their FB page it looks like those horses arrived on July 4.
    You're right. Thought it was more in the 4mth area.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    On a website called the Chronicle of the Horse, Megan Brincks wrote that Gray Fox Farm is run by Jill Burnell, according to her attorney, Margaret Weems. Burnell, with her husband, Alex, has run the breeding business for the past few months and ships semen to clients.

Who was running it the rest of the time if they have only been running it for a few months? Who were they shipping semen to over the past few months? More bad journalism?
    MORE bad journalism. The COTH article quotes Weems who says that the Burnells have been in Marin county for just a few months. Not that they have been breeding for just a few months! Reading comprehension people! Jill Burrell has been scamming people for years. Search the Sonoma county grantor / grantee index (online) for some FACTS!

1 members found this post helpful.

guys, the point i was trying to make is that it will only do harm to this whole thing if you go around posting all over that she abuses and starves horses.... that will be used against the defense saying that it is a smear campaign...

instead of posting stuff that may not help - why not post stuff that can be PROVEN and is historically significant... aka all the alleged illegal activity that has been happening?

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    MORE bad journalism. The COTH article quotes Weems who says that the Burnells have been in Marin county for just a few months. Not that they have been breeding for just a few months! Reading comprehension people! Jill Burrell has been scamming people for years. Search the Sonoma county grantor / grantee index (online) for some FACTS!
    Yep, a quick search of Sonoma County's records for "Jill Burnell" turns up the judgments. I can only hope that the good folks at the MHS were able to get those records, since obviously the "reporter" couldn't figure out how to search her previous county of residence.

yes, the lovely "Patch" at it again lol!

So now they've added this picture to the article of the horses looking not so neglected at the old property....

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dim...4a9025df465c57

Is Jill Burnell the one with the filthy lab techniques for her semen collecting practice?

[QUOTE=COTHalter44;6769441]So now they've added this picture to the article of the horses looking not so neglected at the old property....

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dim...4a9025df465c57[/

Ugh. Blankets, not too crowded. Not boney. Maybe leave the pic off.

[QUOTE=horsenut93136;6769448]
    Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    So now they've added this picture to the article of the horses looking not so neglected at the old property....

http://o1.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dim...4a9025df465c57[/

Ugh. Blankets, not too crowded. Not boney. Thin he'd change the pic back!?
    Looks like a dead horse in the background to a non-horse person.

Quote Originally Posted by Signature View Post
    While at Chad's, one of our good friends personally trailered Romantic to ERC to be collected each time. She would send pictures of him hanging on the trailer or grazing in the yard waiting his turn at the clinic. She said he could not have been better before or during the process which she saw many times. I would imagine the statement that he is vicious is absolutely false unless something changed drastically... Lord knows what to believe but personally knowing Romantic, I can't fathom this.
    Yeah, I walked him around without a stud chain, would have thought he was a gelding. Even the owners young kids could be around him. Baffles me that someone would call him dangerous.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote from the GFF breeding contract:
    A breeding certificate will be issued after your foals birth announcement.
    I am curious how many people who bred to her stallions actually got a breeding certificate. We know from this thread and others that some folks did not. Of those who did not, how many went after her for breach of contract? Or did everyone just give up due to the cost and hassle of pursuing her legally?

Also from her contract:
    Return with a copy of your mare’s papers so we can process your breeding certificate.
    Also wondering if Jill has "lifted" info about outside mares from those breeding contracts and used it to assign "ID's" to foals from who knows what kind of mares. Sounds like very few of the GFF foals are being DNA'd, so how do foal buyers know they are actually getting a "Redwine foal out of (insert name of reg. mare)?

And I am really curious about the "young stallion" comments. She has YOUNG STALLIONS in addition to the others? And are those "young stallions" being used as substitutes for the older stallions on occasion?

Again - no DNA being done on foals, so who is the wiser?

And for those wronged by JB/GFF and looking for an attorney -
    there is one on the board of the Marin County Humane Society who practices animal law exclusively. He may be able to give you some assistance - if not directly, then he could probably point you to someone who can.

Scroll to the bottom of this page...

http://www.marinhumanesociety.org/si...tors.htm#bruce

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BaroquePony View Post
    Is Jill Burnell the one with the filthy lab techniques for her semen collecting practice?
    According to the OP, and the pictures she supplied....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

According to Weems, on Dec. 26, two stallions got into a fight. Weems said a young stallion jumped out of his paddock and into another stallion’s pen. She stated that both animals were immediately attended to. While the stallion owners, veterinarians and the Burnells, who care for approximately 30 horses on the property, were deciding whether to take one of the stallions to a clinic for additional treatment, the Marin Humane Society responded to a complaint about the property, at which time they impounded one of the stallions and an older mare.
    Gosh, I so hate it when all my peeps and I are standing in the driveway with the trailer all hooked up ready to go, injured critter in hand and that darn humane society shows up and insists on taking on the financial burden of treating my animals.

Sigh, what an amazing imagination her lawyer has.

Did the press release that was supposed to happen yesterday ever happen? I am not seeing it posted here.

12 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Gosh, I so hate it when all my peeps and I are standing in the driveway with the trailer all hooked up ready to go, injured critter in hand and that darn humane society shows up and insists on taking on the financial burden of treating my animals.

Sigh, what an amazing imagination her lawyer has.

Did the press release that was supposed to happen yesterday ever happen? I am not seeing it posted here.

I was thinking the same thing! Mighty nice of them to take it into their own hands for no reason.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    And I am really curious about the "young stallion" comments. She has YOUNG STALLIONS in addition to the others? And are those "young stallions" being used as substitutes for the older stallions on occasion?

Again - no DNA being done on foals, so who is the wiser?
    She has been talking about additional stallions for a long time, but none ever materialized. I don't think she has any others.

I don't think anyone has had a foal that was not who she said, yet. Fortunately, she posts MANY pictures, so markings are clearly identifiable. Also, videos clearly show the mare, which can be traced back to her brood are page. So, that part is pretty easy to verify. DNA will prove that the sire is the one she claims it to be. Having seen offspring by three of the four in person, they are pretty distinct in type.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com