The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 143 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug Hill View Post
    I sensed some issues back when I did her webpage which was several years ago. I got a very strange phone call from her and some odd requests. But she was a client and always paid me. There are way too many malicious and false rumors in the horse industry that no one can really rely on paying attention to rumors. It is a shame. We have hurt ourselves by the petty crap--keeps us from heeding true signs. It does my heart good to see so many people banding together as a community in this case. Thank goodness the crap finally hit the fan.
    Yes....I wrote to you a year ago on this forum when I was having trouble with getting my mare from Jill Burnell. I was doing everything I possibly could think of to get my mare home. I realize now I may have been overstepping my bounds to PM you asking for help/advice and I understand you saying too bad and that you didn't want to be involved in any way. I just wish more people would have listened back then so things could have been done sooner. I'm not talking about you specifically so please don't take it that way...This is certainly not your problem. It's just frustrating as I was so desperate a year ago for ANYone to help me with what was going on.

13 members found this post helpful.

I've talked to the registry...as long as I have her DNA'd and inspected as a yearling she won't have any problems getting her papers according to them. And she is definitely Redwines She looks so much like him!! Black with 3 tall socks (instead of 4) and a blaze. She is a beautiful animal if I do say so myself I'm glad you don't think it will affect her future...

Quote Originally Posted by RRPiaffe View Post
    I've talked to the registry...as long as I have her DNA'd and inspected as a yearling she won't have any problems getting her papers according to them. And she is definitely Redwines She looks so much like him!! Black with 3 tall socks (instead of 4) and a blaze. She is a beautiful animal if I do say so myself I'm glad you don't think it will affect her future...
    Redwine does sire lovely foals.

The sins of the stallion owner shall not be visited on the foals. (Bad paraphrasing of the Bible, sorry). I'm glad you got your mare back AND a healthy filly.

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes....I wrote to you a year ago on this forum when I was having trouble with getting my mare from Jill Burnell. I was doing everything I possibly could think of to get my mare home. I realize now I may have been overstepping my bounds to PM you asking for help/advice and I understand you saying too bad and that you didn't want to be involved in any way. I just wish more people would have listened back then so things could have been done sooner. I'm not talking about you specifically so please don't take it that way...This is certainly not your problem. It's just frustrating as I was so desperate a year ago for ANYone to help me with what was going on.
    I am sorry I couldn't help you more. I had not been her webmaster for a couple of years at the time you contacted me. I hated to be terse but it was uncomfortable. I knew more than I could really say at that point. I usually try to be helpful when I can. But having been in a professional relationship with her, I felt I had be respectful of that. She never did anything bad to me. I knew there were problems but nothing I could do anything about.
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

1 members found this post helpful.

Thank you Mara. It was NOT easy in anyway to get my pregnant mare home,but I'm glad it turned out mostly ok (after involving lawyers and police). She is so dishonest though and I'm not sure how she got away with all this for so long. It may have been mentioned in previous pages,but I wasn't able to read through ALL of them. Is Redwine ok as far as we know?

Quote Originally Posted by ise@ssl View Post
    Well RRPiaffe - I would definitely spend the money to parentage verify by DNA that the filly is by Redwine if you purchased the mare in foal or even it you bred the mare with shipped semen.
    I would love to get my foal's parentage verified after he or she arrives. Just to be sure...because I would definitely pursue it if what I purchased and contracted for was not what I received. But I assume you can't just ship off tail hairs to UC Davis and say "is my daddy Redwine?". Wouldn't you need some sort of file/reference number for Redwine's DNA?

Aloha looks like that too, FWIW.

4 members found this post helpful.

Interesting comment on this link by someone that was on JB farm two years ago:

http://fuglyblog.com/2013/01/07/hors...blood-breeder/

OMG !!! i interviewed with this lady about two years ago and spent the day with her working to see if i wanted the job, this lady was nuts! we had to move mares she drugged them all to the point of stupidity even though they were fine, the place was disgusting, her house looked like a hoarders, no food of clean water for the horses anywhere! when i expressed concern for a yearling that had been laying down for over three hours she blew me off, stalls were full of manure and urine, barn was moldy and disgusting full of rat and mice droppings, she had three babies with herpes warts confined with one with no warts that was shipping to a new owner….i could go on and on, even back then i had a discussion with a couple of ladies on facebook as to how to go about getting animal control out to her farm she had over 40 horses on a tiny lot, no food, no shelter, reused a needle on four different horses to drug them with no alcohol or wipes in between…..she is a liar and a fraud ! it is a bout time and i hope justice is served she should never own another horse! when i pressed her for breeding logs so i could organize for her she had no proof and told me she had some idea of when certain mares were going to foal out she told me she did not keep breeding records, no need to. I can not believe someone finally took notice after all this time!

"Since that time, an additional two mares have been seized from the property and are both receiving rehabilitative care at an offsite location."

From Marin County page. I don't think I had seen this before.

^^ My mare was definitely drugged when she got home so I sure believe that. Her hooves were also in horrid shape.?.even though I had paid $50 to Jill for a trim that certainly did NOT take place a week before shipping. She charged me for so many things that NEVER happened. Grrr. Rant over.

2 members found this post helpful.

True...Aloha does look like that too. Either way she is being DNAd. I'll post the results when I get them. I will be indiscribably disappointed if my filly isn't from Redwine though. No offense to Aloha.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    They are in California - it is only 10 am out there.
    Oops, I'm an idiot.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

and I bet this person, if she had posted on Coth, would have been blown away by JB's then fans... so sad. How many horses suffered since then.

RRPiaffe, I think I would still contact Marin AC to add your story to their file. They need as many examples of such stories as they can get! Glad your filly and mare are doing well.

FI- I have all the paperwork,charges,bills,contracts,etc. from the whole thing perfectly recorded. If it can help in anyway how would I go about it and get the info to the people that are doing the seizing?

So glad I got my guy checked out when he got here!!! I had all his shots redone along with his coggins! Though I wouldn't be surprised if he got Bronchitis before he left Nor Cal!

FI- I have all the paperwork,charges,bills,contracts,etc. from the whole thing perfectly recorded. If it can help in anyway how would I go about it and get the info to the people that are doing the seizing?
    You can get in touch with Michelle Rogers, who is the Marin Humane Society Field Sergeant on the case. mrogers@marinhumanesociety.org
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

RRPiaffe. Others would probably know better, but Hoofjustice, Marin County AC posted here asking for any info from owners who had problems with JB. So i would contact them first and ask them if your info is relevant to their case/file. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Appsolute View Post
    Interesting comment on this link by someone that was on JB farm two years ago:

http://fuglyblog.com/2013/01/07/hors...blood-breeder/
    I would think the info from this person would be really great for MHS to have, anyone know the author? she says she discussed it on FB with friends so maybe somone connected there knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    "Since that time, an additional two mares have been seized from the property and are both receiving rehabilitative care at an offsite location."

From Marin County page. I don't think I had seen this before.
    You're right, I believe this has recently been added, as I hadn't seen it before and just recently looked at the MHS link.

I just say it too! I wonder which mares.