The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 141 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Anteup View Post
    So this is going to sound a little selfish, but what recourse do people with a breeding to one of the stallions have? I chose not to use my breeding when this sunami hit, so do I forfit the stud fee or what?

Also, I almost threw up a little when I read about Romantic Star. How can anyone turn a blind eye to that gorgeous animal, hurt and hungry? Makes my brain hurt.
    You obviously have not read this thread. Go back a few pages and read. There have been many stallion owners who have come forward and offered free breedings to their stallions to any mare owner ripped off by JB
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

2 members found this post helpful.

You guys make me sound like a monster... Where did I say that I want horses to suffer and possibly starve to death? Guess I have a little more faith in the process than you do. No one is going to let animals starve. I hope folks that drive through gates and take animals that they were ok with leaving in Jill's care until NOW when action is finally taking place understand that if I worked at MHS, Id have them arrested. We have a certain legal process... LET IT WORK.

It is interesting that you all want MHS to make a case, but not with YOUR horses, it is only ok if it is with SOMEONE ELSE's horses. I'm sorry. MHS is involved and they have a good reputation. No one there is going to let horses starve or die. But if it is ok for people to come swooping in and take back horses, than it is ok for Jill to have a "barn sale" and give away or sell anything she still has, so I hope you are ok when horses go out in trade for pipe corral, or plumbing bills, or on a "lease" till things clear up for her. Good luck finding them.

All I want is for MHS to be able to proceed, and knowing that they were willing to seize horses and go through the legal red tape to ensure these horses are TAKEN AWAY from Jill and that she is punished. If they are already aware of the situation, if they don't step in and feed and care for starving horses, than they too would be guilty of animal cruelty, right?

You all are raising money so that MHS can provide them with care until the case is settled, so let them do that.

THAT is all I was saying

10 members found this post helpful.

Anteup -- Post number 2498 on this thread lists all of the stallion owners who have offered free breedings to those who have not been able to fulfill their contract with JB. It is a stellar list.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    You obviously have not read this thread. Go back a few pages and read. There have been many stallion owners who have come forward and offered free breedings to their stallions to any mare owner ripped off by JB
    Actually, I've read the majority of it. I posted way back in the beginning, and followed it through about 100 pages, but then it became repetitious so I just come back and check occasionally. Since I didn't know where to find the answer, I just figured I'd ask someone. Thank you!
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

Wonderful donated auction items have continued to pour in. What generosity...seems almost double of what was offered just a day ago! Wow.

http://www.leg-up.org/marin-county-f...tion-page.html

Add to that the generosity of SOs to honor unfulfilled GFF breeding contracts. Kudos!

Tomorrow the Marin HS is scheduled to release more details on the case.

3 members found this post helpful.

Thank you so much Louise!!

Quote Originally Posted by Louise View Post
    Anteup -- Post number 2498 on this thread lists all of the stallion owners who have offered free breedings to those who have not been able to fulfill their contract with JB. It is a stellar list.
    What I lack in preparedness I make up for in enthusiasm

Quote Originally Posted by Stella M View Post
    You guys make me sound like a monster... Where did I say that I want horses to suffer and possibly starve to death? Guess I have a little more faith in the process than you do. No one is going to let animals starve. I hope folks that drive through gates and take animals that they were ok with leaving in Jill's care until NOW when action is finally taking place understand that if I worked at MHS, Id have them arrested. We have a certain legal process... LET IT WORK.

It is interesting that you all want MHS to make a case, but not with YOUR horses, it is only ok if it is with SOMEONE ELSE's horses. I'm sorry. MHS is involved and they have a good reputation. No one there is going to let horses starve or die. But if it is ok for people to come swooping in and take back horses, than it is ok for Jill to have a "barn sale" and give away or sell anything she still has, so I hope you are ok when horses go out in trade for pipe corral, or plumbing bills, or on a "lease" till things clear up for her. Good luck finding them.

All I want is for MHS to be able to proceed, and knowing that they were willing to seize horses and go through the legal red tape to ensure these horses are TAKEN AWAY from Jill and that she is punished. If they are already aware of the situation, if they don't step in and feed and care for starving horses, than they too would be guilty of animal cruelty, right?

You all are raising money so that MHS can provide them with care until the case is settled, so let them do that.

THAT is all I was saying
    Stella I wouldn't go so far as saying a monster, but if three trailers of owners were wanting to pick up THEIR horses after just learning of a LACK OF CARE issue I would sure hope no one in their RIGHT mind would arrest them. As plenty of people have said there was not an issue with the horses receiving care and food until recently. Yes there was debate over crowding and whether or not their shelter was up to par, but as I said before most would agree the were not going hungry. (Think of the horses that went to MO. They arrived in beautiful shape. Not possible if they aren't being taken care of)

Of course I want to see MHS succeed, but not at the expense of the horse. For you to say to a horse owner, let your horse stay there, with a woman who apparently doesn't have money to feed or provide vet care so that MHS can cement their case is absurd.

1 members found this post helpful.

Stella is not incorrect in her concern that there are enough horses to make the case, nor would MHS let them deteriorate. I am sure they are watching closely for the first chance to act.

However, I am also certain that Jill does own enough of them, or the owners are so out of the loop, or don't want them, that even if the ones that have concerned owners pick them up, there will be plenty left with which to make the case.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriesinMom View Post
    The gates are protected to the property.
    And you ARE? Houseguest, perhaps
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadie's mom View Post
    And you ARE? Houseguest, perhaps
    Eww

2 members found this post helpful.

Yes, it is Romantic Star and he is UC Davis and doing well. I saw all the stallions in late Oct and I would not consider them a '2'. Some of mares could be considered 3 or 4. But again, this was in late October an we have had a lot of rain and cold weather since then.

wow. I bred to him last spring. I sooo wish my vet had had a microscope on her truck, "knowing" JB and seeing the pics of her lab, I probably got 2 tubes of extender... brother.

Glad to hear she is about to get what she deserves. I hope.

ETA:My contract was from 2010, before I knew how she operated...
    Last edited by mpsbarnmanager; Jan. 6, 2013 at 08:07 PM.

Is your mare in foal? Wasn't sure what you mean by 2 tubes of extender.

Yes, it is Romantic Star and he is UC Davis and doing well. I saw all the stallions in late Oct and I would not consider them a '2'. Some of mares could be considered 3 or 4. But again, this was in late October an we have had a lot of rain and cold weather since then.
    That's terrible none of them deserve to be neglected but he was the only stallion out of the whole lot that I thought showed real talent on his own and through his offspring.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsbarnmanager View Post
    I sooo wish my vet had had a microscope on her truck, "knowing" JB and seeing the pics of her lab, I probably got 2 tubes of extender...
    If your vet doesn't have a microscope you should get one for yourself and let her use it prior to putting 'a substance' into your horse. Nobody is putting anything into my mare without checking it under a scope first.

Isn't that breeding 101?

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTwistedWire View Post
    I'm not sure that the USEF can actually sanction someone who isn't a current member of their organization, no matter what they've done.
    Agreed.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

The gates are protected to the property.
    What property ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    CNN has a link to submit tips and suggest stories. I've submitted one, but if EVERYONE on COTH did it too, they might take notice. Imagine if this could be seen on a national news level, with in-depth reporting!
    I'd rather CNN did a positive story on equestrian sports, than go slumming and cover JB/GFF. Their story will accomplish nothing, and we'll gain nothing, except bad press about the breeding and show horse industry.

The NY Times covered Hickstead's sudden death (insinuating without merit that he was drugged), and the Humble-pony-death-USEF-scandal; neither story boosted the repuation of competitive equestrian sports in this country. Do we really need more bad press ?

And as said earlier, when non-horse people cover horse related news, often details get mixed up, and false information is published.

IMHO, media coverage is unnecessary since the Marin authorities have stepped in. We have enough trouble in our sport, let's not ask for more.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

10 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    What property ?
    my guess is that there is a locked gate at the place where the driveway meets the road... there are several high price homes on that road and that is pretty normal around here....

Quote Originally Posted by back in the saddle View Post
    If your vet doesn't have a microscope you should get one for yourself and let her use it...

Isn't that breeding 101?
    Nope! "Breeding 101" is:

"If your vet doesn't have a microscope, you shouldn't be using them for breeding services"!!!
    Last edited by Jos; Jan. 6, 2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Beating self with hammer foryou're/your syntax error...

15 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    Nope! "Breeding 101" is:

"If you're vet doesn't have a microscope, you shouldn't be using them for breeding services"!!!
    This!!!
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.