The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 134 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by frugalannie
    WOW. I've never seen such an impressive roster of stallion services donated and made available for auction so quickly!

Am I wrong or did Fred mention a donation from A Fine Romance a couple of pages back?

She did! What an addition!!!
    Randee Beckman ~Otteridge Farm, LLC (http://on.fb.me/1iJEqvR)~ Marketing Manager - The Clothes Horse

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JWB View Post
    First of all - I think trying to sell a broodmare that is not breeding sound is unethical on many levels, however horses are sold without papers all the time.

I have papers sitting in my safety deposit box that I chose to retain for personal reasons, but the horse was sold without them. I do not claim to own the horse. I received a check and signed a bill of sale. Possession of a registration certificate doesn't prove anything.

For the mare's sake however, I hope she is allowed her well earned retirement.
    Guess I'm still confused then as to who JWB is saying she received check and bill of sale then? but guess the court will figure all that out.

Auction is looking FANTASTIC!!!!

Drop it, horsenut. JWB is obviously not JB/Jill Burnell and is referencing an entirely different horse other than Grand Affair. Both TWF and Hunter's Peak have explained the situation in detail and owe you no further explanation. Legal action is obviously being taken, and I very much hope that Grand Affair is back in her owner's hands soon.

Grand Affair is one of MANY mares ensnared in this mess. Let's keep the focus on the herd and getting all of the horses out of this situation. And thank you, Daventry, for your tireless work in keeping us updated and to Jos and Kathy for your sleepless nights on behalf of the horses

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Posted to GFF Facebook page and her 4 stallion FB pages.
    Last edited by yeskatboxxx; Jan. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by AndNirina View Post
    Drop it, horsenut. JWB is obviously not JB/Jill Burnell and is referencing an entirely different horse other than Grand Affair. Both TWF and Hunter's Peak have explained the situation in detail and owe you no further explanation. Legal action is obviously being taken, and I very much hope that Grand Affair is back in her owner's hands soon.

Grand Affair is one of MANY mares ensnared in this mess. Let's keep the focus on the herd and getting all of the horses out of this situation. And thank you, Daventry, for your tireless work in keeping us updated and to Jos and Kathy for your sleepless nights on behalf of the horses
    yes maam Nirina. Obviously many others were/are confused. would have dropped it after my first post as I said, if Hunter Peak and TWH hadn't kept responding. I never thought Jill Burnell was the JWB in question. If JWB was referring to another mare that would have been simple enough to clarify, but no party directly involved did.

So yes lets keep focus and keep hoping all horses land safely

Quote Originally Posted by peskee View Post
    ise, yes, thank you,we do have a beautiful farm. We are surrounded by wonderful friends that have helped to make it happen. We are not in Europe, People are questioning the law in the US not Europe. Our mare Lestera, who was an International competitor came with passport but her papers had been lost in the shuffle of owners. I had to track them down to reactivate her status with KWPN to breed her. I owned the mare with a bill of sale but I needed to get the original papers to get her back in the KWPN books. So as I said ownership in the US is determined by Bill of Sale not original papers. Quote from KWPN secretary,"Ownership is determined by Bill of Sale but you must have original regristration papers and the Bill of Sale to get her updated and reapproved in our books".
    Unfortunately your comment about the Bill of Sale being the proof is somewhat flawed and misleading. Unless the Bill of Sale has the following language or references an Agreement of Sale with this stiupulation:
    "SELLER warrants that the HORSE is free and clear of all liens and encumbrances and/or rights and claims of any third parties, and SELLER does hereby covenant to BUYER that SELLER is the lawful Owner of the said HORSE, and that SELLER has good right to sell the same as aforesaid and will warrant and defend the title thereto unto BUYER, and BUYER’S successors and assigns, against the claims and demands of any persons claiming by, through and under SELLER."

What the individual registries might except is not what courts of law in the US will accept. And if the Seller DOES NOT have clear title to the horse or there are outstanding liens against the horse the BUYER might have to relinquish the horse and receive no money in return.

I've bred over 65 horses and owned well over 75. We won't buy any horse or pony without the original papers. If they are missing we expect the contract to have the stipulation referenced above. And we expect the seller to do the work and spend the money to get the papers. Not having the ownership warranted by the seller is suspect. Would a person buy a car with a Bill of Sale and no "Title"?
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

Wow, what eye candy. I'd love to bid on one of those stallions, but uh... I have a Paso Fino mare. LOL
    I'll just make a donation.
    You are what you dare.

5 members found this post helpful.

I don't know if there are any JB victims in Texas, but if there are and they have been hesitating about taking legal action because of the expense, contact me. I am an equine lawyer in Houston with over 25 years of litigation experience. I'll assist you in drafting and getting cases filed with the appropriate court without charge for my time. I'll also help you prepare for the trial of these cases (although I'm just about certain that most/all of them will result in default judgments against JB). I'm only licensed in Texas, now, so can't help in other states. You can contact me directly at rpennington@equinelawyer.net
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

27 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Equinoxfox View Post
    Has anyone heard of the status or condition of Romantic Star as of today ?? I was informed that due to his condition he may have been put down.. ??
    Please say that is NOT true. such a sad situation .
    Just to squash any rumors, it has been confirmed that Romantic Star has NOT been put down. At this time, there are no current status updates on any of the stallions.
    www.DaventryEquestrian.com
    Home of Welsh Pony, ISR/Oldenburg & RPSI pony stallions Daventry's Power Play, Goldhills Brandysnap LOM & Alvesta Picasso
    Also home to www.EquineAppraisers.com

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    On a later ocassion, I photographed one of her stallions at the stallion testing in Oklahoma and she also paid me for those services. I had no difficulty with collection whatsoever.
    Just for clarification. Jill did not pay Reg for her photos. "I" paid Reg. I did not release the CD with the photos on them to Jill until I had received payment in full, free and clear before forwarding them on to her. I made sure that Reg wasn't left out in the cold (cause it sure was cold that week in Oklahoma) and stuck without being paid. And, I made sure that Jill didn't get something without having paid for it - Yup. I'm a bitch sometimes. But I'm okay with that !
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

26 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by yeskatboxxx View Post
    Posted to GFF Facebook page and her 4 stallion FB pages.
    You go, girl!

And I hope the parents are doing well - it has to be a relief for them to be out of that rat's nest!

2 members found this post helpful.

Default Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    Just to squash any rumors, it has been confirmed that Romantic Star has NOT been put down. At this time, there are no current status updates on any of the stallions.
    Thank you so much for keeping us all updated to the best of your ability.....Happy to hear Romantic Star is OK. It is so refreshing to see the true horse people working so hard for these horses in this horrible situation. WOW what a line up of outstanding stallions in the auction!!!! Thank you to all the SO's involved.
    Last edited by peskee; Jan. 4, 2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    You go, girl!

And I hope the parents are doing well - it has to be a relief for them to be out of that rat's nest!

Yes, they ARE doing well (thank you)! They can have their great-grandson come over for sleep-overs now, which they enjoy. AND...they can now actually make a sandwich on the kitchen counter.
    Last edited by yeskatboxxx; Jan. 4, 2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: added thank you

22 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hocus Focus View Post
    I have had dealings with Ms. Burnell for services as a photographer and while it was indeed difficult to find a nice background for a photo on and around her somewhat cluttered property, she was polite and paid me for my services, and I did the best I could under the circumstances.

On a later ocassion, I photographed one of her stallions at the stallion testing in Oklahoma and she also paid me for those services. I had no difficulty with collection whatsoever.

I would like to believe there is some good in everyone, and while I am certainly no friend of Jill's, I sympathize with the mess she has made of all your lives. Just wanted to clarify that she treated me fairly in my dealings with her.
    That's very good for you, Reg! So what are you donating to the cause of the multitude of victims?!? Be sure to address your donation to auction@leg-up.org. I'm sure you're willing to generously donate since you were one of the lucky ones!
    Jan Marquardt
    Walkabout Station
    www.walkaboutstation.com
    Join us on Facebook www.facebook.com/walkaboutstation

8 members found this post helpful.

Wasn't yesterday the deadline for her to comply with Marion County's requirements? Hoping for an update!

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    Wasn't yesterday the deadline for her to comply with Marion County's requirements? Hoping for an update!
    Not to be picky, but it is Marin County. (pronounced Muh-ren) It's been misspelled a couple of times and who knows, it may just be auto-correct being over-zealous....

1 members found this post helpful.

New items have been donated. We will continue to update the auction site as items come in. Please be patient with us.

I LOFF Sonesta . And WHAT??? No one has bid on those earrings??? I may have to bid in order to be able to give them to a certain someone that is working hard behind the scenes .
    Equine-Reproduction.com Now offering one on one customized training!
    Leg-Up Equestrian Assistance Program, Inc. A 501(c)(3) non-profit charity

Well, I had to bid. I just went over to look but dangit if my fingers didn't just take over!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

1 members found this post helpful.

Not even a mare owner, but I have been following this intently. Thank you to all of the individuals that donated items and services to the LEG auction. The equestrian community can be really awesome.