The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 130 of 224 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 4466

Fantastic, thanks for the extra info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daventry View Post
    lol If some people are just stepping in, I know this looks crazy. Between alliekat, Kathy St. Martin and myself, we do have this figured out. lol Both were started so quickly yesterday, and we've been flooded with offers every since, that it is taking a bit of time to catch up.

Post #2500 on this thread is being passed along to everybody, forums, etc., and is being updated regularly. It is basically stud fees being donated free of charge to Mare Owners who currently hold a Gray Fox Farm Stallion Contract and have been unable to use it, can't use it, whatever. Rather than having to walk away from thousands and thousands of dollars in lost stud services, now those Mare Owners have some options of chosing stallions owned by reputable Stallion Owners willing to help out. So, Post #2500 on here is just directly to help Mare Owners out.

The online live auction is being done to raise funds for the Marin Humane Society. So, they are two very different campaigns.
    "Hell, when I move my things go in boxes and I always make sure and bubble wrap my dog feces so it don't get broke." runwayz

lol If some people are just stepping in, I know this looks crazy. Between alliekat, Kathy St. Martin and myself, we do have this figured out. lol Both were started so quickly yesterday, and we've been flooded with offers every since, that it is taking a bit of time to catch up.

Post #2500 on this thread is being passed along to everybody, forums, etc., and is being updated regularly. It is basically stud fees being donated free of charge to Mare Owners who currently hold a Gray Fox Farm Stallion Contract and have been unable to use it, can't use it, whatever. Rather than having to walk away from thousands and thousands of dollars in lost stud services, now those Mare Owners have some options of chosing stallions owned by reputable Stallion Owners willing to help out. So, Post #2500 on here is just directly to help Mare Owners out.

The online live auction is being done to raise funds for the Marin Humane Society. So, they are two very different campaigns.
    It might be worth having a separate thread going for these 2 particular campaigns.

Otherwise, they just might get lost in this rather hugely convoluted thread!!
    https://www.facebook.com/MariposaSportHorses

Practice! Patience! Persistence!

1 members found this post helpful.

We are donating a dose of Fielding frozen semen to the auction! Shipping/handling and dry shipper arrangements will be responsibility of winner - semen is stored at The Oaks Equine & Farm Services in Smithfield, VA. There is a very limited quantity of this frozen left and he is turning out to be an amazing Derby horse!

Thanks to all the organizers of this and to the wonderful stallion owners who are coming forward with such generous offers. This does bring a bit of silver lining to the situation. Praying for the horses and all involved.
    Signature Sporthorses
    www.signaturesporthorses.com

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I read here that there is a court date tomorrow, January 3. Is Jill supposed to show up, or is it just for the humane society?
    Would this be in Superior Court? There is nothing showing on the docket for tomorrow. There are two showing for County of Marin, but it looks like one is a civil case and the other is a family law case.
    http://www.co.marin.ca.us/depts/MC/c...13&sortby=Name

And huge kudos to everyone who is stepping up to help these poor horses and all the people wronged by JB/GFF. I hope someone can compile enough evidence against her to put her in jail.

Many blessings also in this new year to the OP for starting this thread and for doing what she can to help the elderly parents who were treated like trash by their own daughter.

Default DownYonder: court date?

Posted on 1/1/2013

I know Michelle is out of office until tomorrow...and there is a court date in a couple of days for Marin Humane Society and Jill Burnell. It might be best to wait until then to find out exactly what happens next.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Posted on 1/1/2013
    Anyway to make sure that whatever court shes going into is aware of her outstanding warrants in other areas ?

Or conversely make sure that the other states/courts are aware that she has a case that she will be making an appearance for in Ca on X date.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Wow, this is truly amazing!!
    Nobody has answered my question. Maybe nobody knows. BUT if donations help Marin County care for the horses and that a judge in his infinite (not) wisdom would allow JB to get all or some of her horses back, after payment of the expenses for care, vet, etc. Would she have to pay just the difference? Would the donations make it easier for her to pay back whatever? I sure hope not..

I have seen the name of the stallion on FB... by his previous owner. Many many jingles going out to all the horses and their previous owners.. I hope many will try to get them back.
    And I agree that the current "owner" of Grande Affair has to step up and not cover unethical practices... the ship is sinking, you better do the right thing!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPPED HER HALO View Post
    They were also trying to get Grand Divinia back as well but that didn't happen either.
    Wasn't Grande Divina was sold nearly 2 years ago to another breeder in the area? I saw on FB recently she is now owned by the people in MO who bought a bunch of mares from JB.

TWF, thank you for clarifying re: Grand Affair's breeding history.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to everyone who is stepping up to help by donating money, breedings or other services to help. It takes a village, but you all rock.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRider View Post
    Yes. From what I can tell, I think they are good people and will do right by the horses.

Grande Divina had great care the last couple of years since she was at Glenhill and Gen takes amazing care of the mares in her barn. She is one of the lucky ones!

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    Wasn't Grande Divina was sold nearly 2 years ago to another breeder in the area? I saw on FB recently she is now owned by the people in MO who bought a bunch of mares from JB.

TWF, thank you for clarifying re: Grand Affair's breeding history.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to everyone who is stepping up to help by donating money, breedings or other services to help. It takes a village, but you all rock.
    I had Grande Divina. I recently sold her to Rising Phoenix. There was nothing sneaky about it. I had been in contact with Joan Watt from the first day I had Divina. I sent her photos and updates. Nothing unethical at all with Grande Divina.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by genevieveg17 View Post
    I had Grande Divina. I recently sold her to Rising Phoenix. There was nothing sneaky about it. I had been in contact with Joan Watt from the first day I had Divina. I sent her photos and updates. Nothing unethical at all with Grande Divina.
    I didn't mean to imply that there was as I have not seen anything but good things from your program. The poster I quoted made it sound like there was something more to it.

This is the part that is up in the air. Michelle was away for the long weekend, and had no access to her Humane Society email over the last 5 days. As you can imagine, she's swamped today and I don't want to bug her with any more questions. She did say she would answer them as soon as possible. I'm unfortunately not the one that can answer any of the questions, but Michelle did say this morning a court date has not been set yet. So it's possible tomorrow is the deadline for Jill to comply with the requests of Marin Humane Society?!? Again, just speculation on my part. As soon as I hear anything, I will let everyone know.

I know Jill and her minions are reading this thread...so maybe they could just come on here and tell us! At the same time, I hope they all crawl back into the disgusting hole they came out of! I was on the phone with one of them last week and spent an excruciating hour listening to them defend Jill's action and defend Grand Affair being in their care. Thankfully, I know when someone is blowing smoke up my ass. Unfortunately, it is an hour of my life I will never get back again!

Sadly, I've spent most of the weekend taking calls and emails from people who have been burned. Just when you think you have heard the worst of the stories, someone else contacts you with something more horrible that the last person. I'm not the one to contact though....though I realize sometimes people just need to vent to someone who will listen. Everyone has been passed along to Marin Humane Society.

To Jill's minions who are allegedly helping her move and hide horses right now so they can't be seized, and giving her money to help her provide her horses with feed and other necessities at this time....that's really gracious of you, but it's like giving a cocaine addict money. You are only helping to feed the addiction and prolong the misery of those poor animals. If you are helping her, YOU ARE an enabler! YOU ARE part of the problem! YOU ARE an accomplice! Why not be part of the solution instead of part of the problem? Why not let the Marin Humane Society take the rest of the animals so they can all land softly in homes where they will be properly cared for and not treated like a means to an end? It's time for Jill Burnell and Gray Fox Farm to retire from the horse industry. At the end of the day, no one is EVER going to respect her again anyways. NOT EVER! Why not just bow out now while there are tons of people willing to step up to the plate?

Honestly, the whole thing is just bloody DISGUSTING!

Well said. It has to be horrible for you to listen to all these new situations coming out of the woodwork...but then, that is what we all hoped would happen.

You've been the conduit with the straight scoop for all of us. There will be a special place in heaven for you for doing this, as arduous as it must be right now.

I too am concerned that while so many caring souls are spending time and money to help those burned -- and especially get the horses out of there and in good hands -- that somehow she'll be able to get them back (and in better condition) and continue on.

That said, if that happens at least we will have done the best for the horses and tried to help those who were financially hurt.

Justice is sometimes not really done in the end. We've all seen that happen. That is my fear...some legal loophole. And this is obviously a very, very clever woman to have gotten away with this for so long.

I hope that the massive concern from this thread itself can be submitted as some sort of proof this gal is a real "dishonest broker" and animal abuser (re: neglect) -- simply because so many seasoned horsemen -- well known in the industry have piped up about standards of care for stallions, mares and foals.

I hope that can count for something in a judge's eye who may not know a darned thing about horses.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

This is the part that is up in the air. Michelle was away for the long weekend, and had no access to her Humane Society email over the last 5 days. As you can imagine, she's swamped today and I don't want to bug her with any more questions. She did say she would answer them as soon as possible. I'm unfortunately not the one that can answer any of the questions, but Michelle did say this morning a court date has not been set yet. So it's possible tomorrow is the deadline for Jill to comply with the requests of Marin Humane Society?!? Again, just speculation on my part. As soon as I hear anything, I will let everyone know.

I know Jill and her minions are reading this thread...so maybe they could just come on here and tell us! At the same time, I hope they all crawl back into the disgusting hole they came out of! I was on the phone with one of them last week and spent an excruciating hour listening to them defend Jill's action and defend Grand Affair being in their care. Thankfully, I know when someone is blowing smoke up my ass. Unfortunately, it is an hour of my life I will never get back again!

Sadly, I've spent most of the weekend taking calls and emails from people who have been burned. Just when you think you have heard the worst of the stories, someone else contacts you with something more horrible that the last person. I'm not the one to contact though....though I realize sometimes people just need to vent to someone who will listen. Everyone has been passed along to Marin Humane Society.

To Jill's minions who are allegedly helping her move and hide horses right now so they can't be seized, and giving her money to help her provide her horses with feed and other necessities at this time....that's really gracious of you, but it's like giving a cocaine addict money. You are only helping to feed the addiction and prolong the misery of those poor animals. If you are helping her, YOU ARE an enabler! YOU ARE part of the problem! YOU ARE an accomplice! Why not be part of the solution instead of part of the problem? Why not let the Marin Humane Society take the rest of the animals so they can all land softly in homes where they will be properly cared for and not treated like a means to an end? It's time for Jill Burnell and Gray Fox Farm to retire from the horse industry. At the end of the day, no one is EVER going to respect her again anyways. NOT EVER! Why not just bow out now while there are tons of people willing to step up to the plate?

Honestly, the whole thing is just bloody DISGUSTING!
    Daventry it IS DISGUSTING and those "minions" worked hard to block any news of a sinking ship a LOOOONG time ago - or attacked those questioning what the ^&** was going on.....for anyone listening HARD, the unpaid bills started a very long time ago .... and there were the local enablers swapping mares and doing support when the plug needed pulling a long time ago ... may the horses be safe but may JB be banned from ANY horse related activity for a very long time - if that even possible.
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

3 members found this post helpful.

If JB did not own GA.. and if she sold her, she was basically stolen. Wouldn't that mean that the current owner is now in possession of stolen goods?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FalseImpression View Post
    If JB did not own GA.. and if she sold her, she was basically stolen. Wouldn't that mean that the current owner is now in possession of stolen goods?
    This. and in #2468 someone who seems to have owned the mare says that she retained the mares papers but was paid and gave a bill of sale. Very confusing that they would let the mare stay somewhere they thought was so horrible. Now the mare lands in a nice home and now it's an issue. I do not agree with Daventry. I hope the horses land in good homes and I don't care if that means someone who knows Jill. I would rather see horses go to individuals vs a rescue type with the humane society. Yes its a problem if Jill retains ownership but hopefully that will not be a problem. So if the horses are in good homes that is the point. Kudos to the stallion owners for donating to the auction and to those who have breedings they can not use. I'm sure you have made a lot of people very happy

The problem isn't the horses going to new homes directly from Jill per se, but rather what happens in relation to that situation. The concern is that this is a cover to hide the horses so that Jill can retain them and continue business as usual. And, that she is doing so with horses that should rightly go to others.

Quote Originally Posted by horsenut93136 View Post
    This. and in #2468 someone who seems to have owned the mare says that she retained the mares papers but was paid and gave a bill of sale. Very confusing that they would let the mare stay somewhere they thought was so horrible. Now the mare lands in a nice home and now it's an issue. I do not agree with Daventry. I hope the horses land in good homes and I don't care if that means someone who knows Jill. I would rather see horses go to individuals vs a rescue type with the humane society. Yes its a problem if Jill retains ownership but hopefully that will not be a problem. So if the horses are in good homes that is the point. Kudos to the stallion owners for donating to the auction and to those who have breedings they can not use. I'm sure you have made a lot of people very happy
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    The problem isn't the horses going to new homes directly from Jill per se, but rather what happens in relation to that situation. The concern is that this is a cover to hide the horses so that Jill can retain them and continue business as usual. And, that she is doing so with horses that should rightly go to others.
    Understood. So I guess I amend that to if the court bans her from owning a horse I think there are plenty of people that can give the horses the best homes. I have not found (though I am not familiar with Marin) that the humane society can provide the BEST care. And then you have to worry about where they land after that. Anyway I hope they all find homes where they can thrive.