The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 123 of 224 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    It appears Grand Affair has been sold as this was just posted on FB. This person was on here earlier in this thread defending Jill but at least the mare has a good home.
    very interesting, that horse has been on burnells property until last week.

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by equitruth View Post
    very interesting, that horse has been on burnells property until last week.
    Interesting indeed because the picture I posted a few pages back shows the mare with her filly clearly NOT at Jill's and much better cared for. The picture was taken in November. Perhaps she went back to GFF after they weaned to foal for a short time?

What is more frightening to me is the photos I posted OF the mare and the foal Rain Boots were also shared on his owners page. So she willingly bought and even worse shared photos of he and the mare in that condition.

Yet still continued to defend Jill.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Go back to post #2378 re: Grand Affair. Something smells wrong between that post and what the person on FB is saying about owning her, and the holiday news letter offering her for sale.
    Last edited by PrettyBayMare; Dec. 31, 2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Redundancy

4 members found this post helpful.

Wait. The mare is stolen? They just told you where she was, why not take the sheriff and go pick her up? Poor mare, I hope she is in good hands now regardless.

1 members found this post helpful.

I'm confused because on this thread, she was clearly sold to GFF.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...e-Grand-Affair

She was/is a lovely mare who we watched show many times. Just superb.I wish nothing but the best for her. She is indeed, quite lovely, as are her sisters (and her offspring, etc etc).
    Last edited by Pennywell Bay; Dec. 31, 2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Come to the dark side, we have cookies

The plot thickens....

First of all - I think trying to sell a broodmare that is not breeding sound is unethical on many levels, however horses are sold without papers all the time.

I have papers sitting in my safety deposit box that I chose to retain for personal reasons, but the horse was sold without them. I do not claim to own the horse. I received a check and signed a bill of sale. Possession of a registration certificate doesn't prove anything.

For the mare's sake however, I hope she is allowed her well earned retirement.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

In this world one has to actually pay for things(property, animals, etc.) to own them outright. The mare 100% had a broad ligament bleed. A sizeable one. I can't comment any further because of on going legal action. However, this is a warning. Whomever claims to own this mare, better be able to produce her original papers for the police. I know only ONE person who can do that.

Papers don't mean squat. You have to do a lot better than that to prove ownership. I probably have twenty sets of registration papers in my office for horses I do not own anymore.

4 members found this post helpful.

So we have three parties claiming ownership of Grand Affair:

GFF (annouced purchase of mare in 2009 on COTH, offered for sale 2012)
    Kirsten Strain (announced purchase yesterday on Facebook)
    Jill Johnson (post 2378)

Anyone else ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

If you think the papers are all that will be used to prove ownership, your sadly mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    So we have three parties claiming ownership of Grand Affair:

GFF (annouced purchase of mare in 2009 on COTH, ?
    Actually, if you read the thread linked to, there is no mention of a purchase, just "lucky to have" and "became available."

Quote Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
    I'm super lucky to have a new mare named is Grand Affair by Grand Saber. She is the dam of Unlimited, Royal Engagement, Extravagant and This is It to name a few. Does anyone know of her?
    Quote Originally Posted by grayfox View Post
    Thanks everyone. I'm so grateful to Jill Johnson for thinking of me when she became available. She ireally is my dream mare.

It very well could be that the mare was only leased.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I 100% hope that this Grande mare finds her way to her rightful hope and is given the treatment and care she deserves before further harm befalls her.

Perhaps she was sent with the caveat that she was to do ET's and not carry her own and JB has gone against that stipulation. I for one do not understand risking such a lovely mare when ET's could be an option for her and it would allow her to produce foals safely.

Breeding her would be like playing roulette each and every time.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

The one and only time I leased a horse the leaser sold him to buy crack. I still have the papers as well as the judgement against her. If I knew where he was I would be headed there with a trailer as we speak.

Read the first sentence of post #2472, it sounds like there's a back story.

But this makes me wonder if for the well-being of the 18-y.o. mare that (according to some statements on this thread) is no longer sound for breeding if HuntersPeak is willing or wants to have the mare back to allow her to retire as she deserves why the 'new owner' in Petaluma wouldn't just give her back? What's in it for that FOJ in Petaluma to keep an older, unsound mare if a good home with a history with the horse is available elsewhere?

If we cut out 124 pages of back and forth and focus on the well-being of this particular horse doesn't it seem like this FOJ in Petaluma could just make this one case a simple solution? (Assuming HuntersPeak wants the mare).

If Grand Affair had a BROAD LIGAMENT RUPTURE at age 12 why was she sold/leased to anyone as a broodmare at age 14/15? She did get loaded on a van by someone in Pa. and sent to Calif. for that purpose. In fact everyone involved was elated at that time and never a mention of the danger to her health........just saying......check the postings on
    http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d-Affair/page2
    Ok now lets get back to the reason for this forum, to get all these horses a safe place to fall.
    Last edited by peskee; Dec. 31, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

This whole thing is just ridiculous. If the horse was "stolen" and you have proof, then go get the horse.

Why would you let her be in the wrong hands? you know where she is so pick her up!

The second I found out my leased broodmare was not being taken care of to my standards, I had her picked up.

Stop threatening people on here and go pick up the horse.

Jeese people, it's not rocket science.

3 members found this post helpful.

Hope for 2013: Several horses (not all) have been seized from JB and an investigation has been opened, contact:

Michelle Rogers, Marin Humane Society Investigator who has been posting on here. Her number is (415) 506-6236 and email is mrogers@marinhumanesociety.org

To help the horses seized Marin Humane Society is in the process of setting up a donation page for the Burnell horses. Until that time, donations can be made directly to the Marin Humane Society www.marinhumanesociety.org

The Marin County (California) Humane Society is asking anyone who OWNS or has GIFTED a mare or any other horse that is in Jill's possession to come forward. Information on any horses moved off the property (i.e. hidden) is also needed. Professionals (farriers, vets, haulers) with information about horses in JB's care can provide information helpful in ID-ing and locating missing/transferred horses. Customers who have purchased an injured, sick or thin animal from Jill please contact Marin Humane Society. The investigation seeks to present the information to a judge as evidence related to civil matters regarding the horses.

This info has also been posted on JB's Gray Fox Farm facebook page by several posters. Thank you Marin Humane Society!
    Last edited by Justa Bob; Dec. 31, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

3 members found this post helpful.

I gave a substantial donation to Marin County (California) Humane Society and asked that it go towards the care of horses being seized from GFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Bob View Post
    Hope for 2013: Several horses (not all) have been seized from JB and an investigation has been opened, contact:

Michelle Rogers, Marin Humane Society Investigator who has been posting on here. Her number is (415) 506-6236 and email is mrogers@marinhumanesociety.org

To help the horses seized Marin Humane Society is in the process of setting up a donation page for the Burnell horses. Until that time, donations can be made directly to the Marin Humane Society www.marinhumanesociety.org

The Marin County (California) Humane Society is asking anyone who OWNS or has GIFTED a mare or any other horse that is in Jill's possession to come forward. Information on any horses moved off the property (esp hidden) is also needed. Customers who have purchased an injured, sick or thin animal from Jill please contact Marin Humane Society. The investigation seeks to present the information to a judge as evidence related to civil matters regarding the horses.

This info has also been posted on JB's Gray Fox Farm facebook page by several posters. Thank you Marin Humane Society!

8 members found this post helpful.