The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 117 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Reading this gave me an idea ...what if.....
    USEF had a chain-of-ownership data base ? You look up a horse, click on the registered owner, up comes the list of previous owners, with the date of sale, or transfer.

That would be interesting reading in any discipline.
    Oh, yeah. That would be REALLY interesting. The fact is that it will never happen. A database like that would throw a curve ball into most top trainers and dealers practices.
    Last edited by szipi; Dec. 27, 2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: broken chain of thought

Well, I don't think Jill is going to quit anytime soon. I am still on her email list to receive her farm newsletters (shocking, considering how she feels about me) and here is the opening paragraph from the newsletter I received this morning:

Happy Holidays! We are extremely busy this year with buying and developing a new much bigger farm. We are just a few miles from historic Tomales and beautiful Tomales Bay. The horses have setttled in well and are enjoying the bigger pastures.

We've had some spotty reception on the internet and phone being so close to the ocean but it's taken care of now. If you haven't gotten a response please email again. Wishing everyone a safe holiday season.
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Hillside, I was just going to post the same thing - not even sure how I got on the email list, since I've never bred to her horses or done business with her, but interesting. I am in Nor-Cal, and even in our lousy real-estate market, Tomales/Point Reyes area is pricey!

1 members found this post helpful.

I am guessing the spotty phone/internet can be blamed more on spotty payment than the Ocean.

11 members found this post helpful.

Sorry, but I don't agree with this latest "blame the victims" theme. So those who have been duped are expected to drop everything to pursue what could be time-consuming, costly, and possibly fruitless cases against JB?? Or they are as much to blame?? Uh...no...that's not right.

5 members found this post helpful.

The victims are the only ones with any power though. I can't file suit against her because I wasn't wronged by her. The victims need to band together and file as one. It's not a question of blame, it's a question of merit.

I received that email today also, and if not for this thread, I'd be verrrryyyy tempted.........

From now on, I will blame the Ocean for everything that goes wrong!

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    Sorry, but I don't agree with this latest "blame the victims" theme.
    If you are referring to my post, I'm not blaming the victims. Everyone has to make their own choice, and I don't blame people who choose not to come forward. But I'm stating a fact: one cannot prosecute these type of fraud cases without victims who are willing to be witnesses. It's as simple as that.

I also noticed in the newsletter that Grand Affair is for sale. I know her former owner was on here concerned about her, so head's up. Although as an older teenaged mare (17-18?), open?, and priced at $18k, I'm not so sure she'll go anywhere that quickly. Comes with 2 breedings to Redwine too.

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Can it get worse?
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Quote Originally Posted by COTHalter44 View Post
    I also noticed in the newsletter that Grand Affair is for sale. I know her former owner was on here concerned about her, so head's up.
    Is it Peggy Kohn ? That's the owner named in a 2006 COTH article about the mare that's posted on the GFF website/Grand Affair page.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

I could be really wrong and it is entirely hearsay but I heard that this last foaling was really hard on her.,the 2012 filly. There are pictures of her with the 2011 colt on a FB page looking terrible. This is a fantastic mare that did/does not deserve what she has been dealt. If she is open you can bet its not intentional ..I hope she is ok.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1319477_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot..._2071784_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...4_913912_n.jpg
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh dear.
    -Amor vincit omnia-

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    here is the opening paragraph from the newsletter I received this morning:

Happy Holidays! We are extremely busy this year with buying and developing a new much bigger farm. We are just a few miles from historic Tomales and beautiful Tomales Bay. The horses have setttled in well and are enjoying the bigger pastures.

We've had some spotty reception on the internet and phone being so close to the ocean but it's taken care of now. If you haven't gotten a response please email again. Wishing everyone a safe holiday season.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticOakRanch View Post
    Hillside, I was just going to post the same thing - not even sure how I got on the email list, since I've never bred to her horses or done business with her, but interesting. I am in Nor-Cal, and even in our lousy real-estate market, Tomales/Point Reyes area is pricey!
    Well land is pricy – but easier to obtain when:

Your hubby got an inheritance allowing you to put a cash down payment on a property (while not paying any of your outstanding debts)

Seller does a carry back mortgage (so there are no banks doing credit checks – to find out how shady you are)

When the property has no improvements at all – and might prove difficult to get any permits to build – Does it even have utilities?

As for her little news letter – ummmm how is she living on the property unless she has a teepee? The property is vacant land. There is no house there. Is she claiming she lives where the horses are? How?

Again - here is a link to the property she purchased.

http://www.apal.co/RV/3956/1831

I have a friend with property on the same road - never had any reception problems - and I live in the mountains near the ocean - you have to drive down to the beach to get BETTER reception! (no obstructions there!)

2 members found this post helpful.

If you have a horse (or a claim to a horse) at this facility, can you PM me. I have some information you might like to have. I will require a full name with your PM.

Yes, I am being purposefully obtuse.
    Phoenix Farm ~ Breeding-Training-Sales
    Eventing, Dressage, Young Horses
    www.phoenixsporthorses.com
    Check out my new blog: http://califcountrymom.blogspot.com

You've driven by and seen it ? Recently ?
    -Amor vincit omnia-

^^^ that would make sense. Hum, wonder if they got the proper permits for that? (living on the property, its not an easy process) I have a friend who bought property down the road (also vacant) and has developed it into a farm. Occupancy certificate was not easy to come by.

May be an avenue to lodge a complaint with the County.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardi View Post
    Is it Peggy Kohn ? That's the owner named in a 2006 COTH article about the mare that's posted on the GFF website/Grand Affair page.
    IIRC, I think it was Grande Sovereign's owner, who has posted on here in the past. I could be wrong...

Jill Johnson who posts as Hunters Peak is Grande Affairs former owner(also Grande Sovereigns owner)
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"