The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 113 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4466

what i find amazing is that she appears to of stolen/not paid for/etc a HUGE amount of value for a huge amount of people - and yet she still to date has not even so much as been spanked for it!

honestly - it really kind of blows ones mind.....

6 members found this post helpful.

Personally, I think she is committing fraud as she is contracting for services and goods knowing that she will not or can not pay and she has been doing it for years. Her MO is pay just enough to lure people into thinking that she will. I did contact the DA and the sheriff's department in her area and they were not interested in pursuing the case. To file a small claims suit, it would cost us more than what she owes to do so and then, even if we won, there are no guarantees that we would get paid. That is how she gets away with it. I wish someone with contacts could get one the TV shows like 20/20 or 60 minutes to do a segment on her.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

3 members found this post helpful.

The Sheriff/DA would pursue criminal activity, not civil. Has anyone contacted the Attorney General Consumer Fraud division? That would be the agency that would make most sense to file a report with.

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    Personally, I think she is committing fraud as she is contracting for services and goods knowing that she will not or can not pay and she has been doing it for years. Her MO is pay just enough to lure people into thinking that she will. I did contact the DA and the sheriff's department in her area and they were not interested in pursuing the case. To file a small claims suit, it would cost us more than what she owes to do so and then, even if we won, there are no guarantees that we would get paid. That is how she gets away with it. I wish someone with contacts could get one the TV shows like 20/20 or 60 minutes to do a segment on her.

1 members found this post helpful.

People go to jail all the time for writing bad checks. I guess it's all about who you write the bad check to.... I do have to wonder who is still supplying her with hay, feed, veterinary and farrier services, etc. I am on the opposite coast, but I know in these parts there are only so many bridges you can burn till you're stranded.
    The rebel in the grey shirt

2 members found this post helpful.

you would be surprised what a vendor will do to keep the $$ coming in.... including taking cash from someone who owes them loads of money in the "hope" that they might get paid for the Outstanding balance at some point.....

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    I don't know if the amount she owes you falls under the small claims court level but assuming it does, it is very cheap and easy and there is a 100% chance you will win since she won't come to Oklahoma to defend herself. Obviously what if anything you can collect is unknown but it's always better to have a judgement than not. You file the claim where the debt took place.

The issue is that she is doing this across state lines which is a federal matter.
    Summit Sporthorses Ltd. Inc.
    "Breeding Competition Partners & Lifelong Friends"

And if she is writing bad checks that is a Federal felony offense.

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, she certainly has Internet access now. Her FB page has been updated and she's replied to Luvmyhunter's post.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

^^^and someone should take a screen shot (I don't know how)

Of course she's removed LaurieP's and the other customers request for money, I'm fairly surprised that shes going at it with Luvmyhunter there and EVEN more surprised that some fool has liked her comments. There really are some born everyday.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

I took a screen shot on my phone if luvmyhunter needs it. Unsure whether I should post it here or not?
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

dang im missing it!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

It's on her personal page. I didn't even realize we were still "friends"...I thought she'd probably gotten rid of me months ago when I shared this thread on FB, along with a lot of other people.

So imagine my surprise this am when I see her pop up on my news feed.

She says in her statement to luvmyhunters that she (luvmyhunters) never paid for the foal, the vet, and that he's with his new owner.
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Really, I had forgotten I was "friends" with her, too, until I went to look to see if she still had a page (because I was being nosy and wanted to see what others here mentioned seeing). Now I just look when it's mentioned something is posted (i.e. Lauriep's post)...this morning it popped up in my feed because Jill made that comment.

I wonder how long it'll remain? Whether the page or Luvmyhunter's post doesn't matter...she obviously has access to it and still controls what people see.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    Of course she's removed LaurieP's and the other customers request for money, I'm fairly surprised that shes going at it with Luvmyhunter there and EVEN more surprised that some fool has liked her comments. There really are some born everyday.
    I am not FB friend's with that psycho but I did like her Gray Fox Farm FB page years ago. All of the posts are still there including links to this thread from 3 months ago and Laurie's posts demanding payment.

Quote Originally Posted by RedMare01 View Post
    She says in her statement to luvmyhunters that she (luvmyhunters) never paid for the foal, the vet, and that he's with his new owner.
    OMG! that sounds like a disaster!
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Luvmyhunter has countered with (undoubtedly honest) statements she had proof of payments, unfulfilled breedings, etc...
    how does one handle something like this? File charges of theft against Jill?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenike View Post
    Luvmyhunter has countered with (undoubtedly honest) statements she had proof of payments, unfulfilled breedings, etc...
    how does one handle something like this? File charges of theft against Jill?
    her webiste says

Rothchild
    Redwine x Terlina
    SOLD
    . This fancy colt will be a great A/O hunter or a hunter derby horse. He'll mature about 16.2hd. Sold to Chris of Pennsylvania.

Whoever suggested a 20/20 expose...that would be more than engrossing.

However, as someone who has been following this thread from simply a position of morbid curiosity, I bet the volume of content would require at least a 2 hour documentary, if not a mini series....

3 members found this post helpful.