The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 110 of 224 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4466

Quote Originally Posted by rosebudranch View Post
    I do not have the time to read through this entire thread, is anyone able to let me know what the current status is?
    Lol...for some reason I am always amused when a post begins "I do not have the time to read..."

I think the status is that nothing has changed. If you have done business with, or are considering doing business with GFF, it would behoove you to go ahead and take the time to read.

6 members found this post helpful.

I am the owner of Rothchild, Jill has cancelled our vet appointment, foal is in our name at USEF. Trying to figure out where to go from here......

4 members found this post helpful.

call the marin county Sheriff.

http://www.marinsheriff.org/contact.aspx?gi_id=21

3 members found this post helpful.

And the local newspaper

I don't understand why she'd cancel a vet appointment made by someone else for an animal she doesn't own...

not much really makes sense, though.

I totally agree with the suggestion to call the Sheriff...and quite possibly the press.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyhunter View Post
    I am the owner of Rothchild, Jill has cancelled our vet appointment, foal is in our name at USEF. Trying to figure out where to go from here......

If you are paying for the appointment , the foal is in your name HOW can she cancel the appointment? Is she refusing to meet the vet or refusing to allow them on the property?

Maybe make other arrangements to have a 2nd party meet and handle the foal for the appointment. Circumvent her.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope your baby is OK. It seems like the situation is deteriorating further and pray all the horses will get through it. Seems like website and FB have not been updated in ages, so hard to know what is going on. I wonder if JB is still taking bookings, etc.?? So sad about all this.

We needed the vet appt to get coggins and health cert for shipping. As soon as I sent a picture of him to the vet to make sure he was shown the correct foal by Jill, She called and made quite a disruption at the vets office that the appointment was cancelled and the vet will no longer go to her farm AT ALL!!! I'm assuming either our foal is not there, dead or in really awful shape.

I'd be booking a flight right now, then hiring someone with a trailer and then calling the local sheriff's office to meet you and the trailer at her farm.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonesta View Post
    I'd be booking a flight right now, then hiring someone with a trailer and then calling the local sheriff's office to meet you and the trailer at her farm.
    Ditto!!! Go get your foal!

Also, does someone have the link to Jill's arrest warrant? You might print and show that to the sheriff.

Agree with the others: Get thee to GFF in person asap and take local authorities with you. Pray you get your foal!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

1 members found this post helpful.

No vet within 100 miles will go out to her farm, she owes money, and is belligerent to all that she talks to. The vet will not attempt to go on her property. Every story you get from Jill is a different one. She has moved the foals from the original Gray Fox farm to another property which isn't owned by her or her husband. Also this property doesn't have an 'actual' address nor does it have living accommodations. We have done a ton of research and contacted numerous agencies, all of which have a lot of information but are able to assist very little.

I would have to think law enforcement could come up with an actual address for the property, as well as take action. They would also be able to look up the arrest warrant. Time to call them, or you'll never, ever get your colt.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Wasn't there someone still on speaking terms with Jill who helped intercede for someone else earlier this year? It is back in the 110 pages somewhere. It's a lot to ask, but maybe that person could help again?

I am so sorry. What a helpless feeling.

It really sounds like you need to go there in person or have someone acting as a legal agent do so. Get the foal off the property to another facility locally and then have the health /paper work done for shipping.

And Roisin it was Genevieveg17 from Glen Hill that offered to mediate.
    "I would not beleive her if her tongue came notorized"

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnwood View Post
    And Roisin it was Genevieveg17 from Glen Hill that offered to mediate.
    That's what I thought...but I wanted to check first as my memory doesn't always cooperate! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HoofJustice View Post
    I have not posted anything that you folks do not already know. Requesting shelter is not an "investigation" it's the law. I am here to help the horses. Period. if you have a problem with me posting here requesting information, then maybe you are friends with Burnell or protecting her. That is fine too. Call me, we can discuss the matter. Any confidential information I get for any investigation that concerns other matters such as civil matters are transferred to the proper authorities.
    Could owner's trying to pickup their horses from Jill's property contact the poster HoofJustice (if this person is legit)? Hoofjustice may be able to provide information or assistance for owners?

It's just a thought. Contacting law enforcement to reclaim property is usually the way to go.

1 members found this post helpful.

"Who among us could support 69 horses that way for very long? Unless we are zillionaires. Clearly, she is not one if she owes a lot of people money and can't pay her feed bills."

Lessons learned--that question is one that should be asled of anyone that posts on this board when the math does not work on how a breeder is feeding so many horses ---the math is a red flag that you need to look at them more closely and not just accept their internet "face" and self promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Roisin View Post
    That's what I thought...but I wanted to check first as my memory doesn't always cooperate! Thanks.
    i would not contact glenwood farm right now - it appears she lost a loved mare and maybe it isnt the right time....

Quote Originally Posted by mbm View Post
    i would not contact glenwood farm right now - it appears she lost a loved mare and maybe it isnt the right time....
    or Glenhill, rather.